**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Crystal Cleansing & Battlegrounds Realm Events

JESUSCHRISTJESUSCHRIST Member Posts: 59
Short intro, I'm a valiant player with a 5.6 million account and an alliance leader, I reached Uru 3 in battlegrounds and I stop there bcos the rewards are not attractive enough. I been playing this game a year after it launched so that's 9 years.
Recently Kabam created realm events and to me that's interesting. I been analysing the Crystal Cleansing event and I have something to say.
IMO, this event is an attempt to increase player engagement, something new something interesting. Something to work towards together as a realm. Positive I would say.
Rewards wise, I have to say even profile pics have a unit value in Kabam's perspective. The rewards ain't going to make a huge difference to players like me but it does make a difference for newer players.
Trust me when I say that Kabam knows exactly how many players are playing and how many crystals are in the game. 1 billion crystals target is actually very doable. I have personally opened more than 5k crystals. Den why is it that we are not hitting the final milestone? The answer is simply that the newer players are the ones dragging the progress down. They simply do not have the 1000 crystals to open in the first place unless they grind for it. How do I know? Well there are always newer players been fed automatically into my alliance whenever there is a vacant slot and I look at the number of crystals they open. I have to kick the newer players bcos I'm playing AQ Map 8 so I have been looking at so many new players joining my alliance. The conclusion is that they are the biggest beneficiary of this realm event and yet they are the ones not grinding enough crystals to open.
As for the battlegrounds realm event, that is the real challenge. Mathematically we will hit around 900-950 million points. There are much lesser players playing battlegrounds.
The realm events are designed to increase player engagement, getting the players to play more. Initially I felt frustrated that the realm is mathematically unable to hit the final milestones of both realm events but I have since gone past that feeling of frustration. I have done my part and there is nothing more I can do about it so I have come to accept the outcome.