Initial Thoughts On Jack O' Lantern

2»

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 7,148 ★★★★★

to be fair...Tech Class kinda lacked a Nuke Champ...

Yeah most of them are utility champs. But you do have high damage dealers like Guardian, FAM, Prowler, NimGod, etc
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,353 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I like his animations.

He's basically what Green Goblin should've been
    Can we stop with describing champions like this lmao, it's so lazy and hollow
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,966 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I like his animations.

He's basically what Green Goblin should've been
    Bruh this must be the mcoc equivalent of "You should be applying to internships instead of chilling on your mother's womb"
  • mbracembrace Member Posts: 892 ★★★

@mbrace i didn’t say that. That was someone responding to my comment. I really like him and think he’s really good. I have him so I know he can take Havok.

Sorry. It was @captain_rogers who said it. I messed up with the editing. For the record, Jack O’Lantern is a good Havok counter and is also a good Bishop counter. The only issue is the obvious fact that these champs have high energy resistance, and so the instant plasmas don’t do as much damage. However, the SP2 still nukes them both pretty good. It was smart to mix poison damage with plasma damage. That way, the SP2 always packs a punch.
  • Ant_WarriorAnt_Warrior Member Posts: 77
    Idk what to think since I don't understand power levels and stuff in game but as a visual standpoint he feels meh.

I much prefer his full green suit over his dark design he has going on over here. Wouldn't change the broom to his circle board tho, just give him his bright green outfit and change his pumpkin head a bit
  • AleorAleor Member Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Wicket329 said:

He’s got very solid nuke potential. One sp2 from an r3 does a tremendous amount of damage, and is likely enough to close out most BG fights.

I got super lucky and pulled him off of my first Black-ISO market 300 unit crystal, and he’s very satisfying to play, took him to r2.

Who else can he take besides Onslaught?
    Any mutant who isn’t poison immune, anybody else who isn’t incinerate or poison immune. Either immunity will limit his damage output, incinerate much more so.

Reverse controls immunity is nice but extremely niche. Incinerate immunity, like any DoT immunity, is good. But my favorite pieces of utility on him are non-crits and the ability to parry non-contact attacks. Also, if you’re able to play exceptionally aggressively, the Sentinel relic can pause his short duration sp2 incinerates for some serious bonus damage. Won’t happen most of the time, but it’s very fun when you can manage it.
    So basically he does everything guardian does except (useless) auto block and some extra things and also works vs bishop, onslaught, havok, etc?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 7,148 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Wicket329 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Wicket329 said:

He’s got very solid nuke potential. One sp2 from an r3 does a tremendous amount of damage, and is likely enough to close out most BG fights.

I got super lucky and pulled him off of my first Black-ISO market 300 unit crystal, and he’s very satisfying to play, took him to r2.

Who else can he take besides Onslaught?
    Any mutant who isn’t poison immune, anybody else who isn’t incinerate or poison immune. Either immunity will limit his damage output, incinerate much more so.

Reverse controls immunity is nice but extremely niche. Incinerate immunity, like any DoT immunity, is good. But my favorite pieces of utility on him are non-crits and the ability to parry non-contact attacks. Also, if you’re able to play exceptionally aggressively, the Sentinel relic can pause his short duration sp2 incinerates for some serious bonus damage. Won’t happen most of the time, but it’s very fun when you can manage it.
    So basically he does everything guardian does except (useless) auto block and some extra things and also works vs bishop, onslaught, havok, etc?
    Basically yes but Jack isn't metal and doesn't have an armor up or auto block.