**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

T1 Alpha without alliance

G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
Hey Folks,

this shall not be another whining thread, but I have something on my mind that I would like to share:

In the past I have been a fortunate member of an endgame alliance and it was fun and enjoyable and very rewarding... However, I have a lot going on in my life at the moment and cannot afford to actively participate in Alliance War, Alliance quest and the all the other alliance stuff. So I am going solo at the moment...

I have to say, it works out nice... With the monthly event quest and a little bit of arena from time to time, I earn enough rewards to keep going... (especially with the new uncollected difficulty)

With one exception though: Tier 1 Alphas. I get one from heroic, three from master. That’s it... (Haven’t gotten a t1a from a solo crystal in months!) That’s 4 in total per month and not even enough to bring one 5* character up to level 2...

I understand that the game wants to encourage players to join an alliance, and it is a huge part of the game experience... But not everyone is able to actively participate... Also, I am not complaining about solo rewards in general... At my level of gameplay I can earn per month:
1 5* crystal
4 4* crystals
2.5 T4C
4 T4B
1.000 Units

In comparison to that, the 4 t1a are falling behind. Especially with all the rank up material that we will earn from Act 5.4, except for the T1As... I know I could do the alpha arena, but that would result in a lot less units earned, which are obviously also needed...

Maybe Kabam could do a last minute update to the Act 5.4 rewards and throw some T1 Alphas in, on top of the rest?

Who else feels the same way?

Comments

• Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    How does alpha arena lose you units?
    I do it weekly and it doesn't cost any units
  • Options
    Sure, it doesn’t cost units... that’s why I said it causes me in missing out on units...

By doing the alpha arena I would be kept from doing the normal arena, which obviously brings more units and doesn’t cost 10.000 battle chips to enter... (10.000 battle chips in average are worth 18 units...)

And please don’t tell me, I can do both... As I said, I don’t have that much time and mostly score 1 Million points in the featured, which only takes me 10-15 minutes per day, but earns about 65 units, plus the gold and the 200 4* shards...
  • Options
    I know there are a lot of discussions around the t1a at the moment, but since none of them focusses on us solo players:
    *push*
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    T1a are way too hard to come by. It’s not part of a grand plan. It’s not understanding the game. We can only have 12 t1a in stash and it hasn’t changed since 5 stars became the focus and the rare of accumulation of t1a is appropriate for a 4 star game. I can only conclude they don’t understand their game.
  • Options
    You can set up your own ally you know, just you in it, and get glory that way for T1as? But, again, thats time taken, and that is your choice

This caught my interest... How do I earn glory in an alliance where the only member is myself?
  • Options
    well, AW would not work, since you need a minimum number of members...

I don'd knot if there is a minimum for AQ as well... But if not, I guess I could handle a little bit of Map 3 all on my own... haha, will try and let you guys know...
  • Options
    OK, I just founded an alliance, got into map 3... 2 fights and now I have a Map 1 crystal, a map 2 crystal and 20 glory... XD

This could be fun...

Talk about thread-Hijacking...
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    If you join random alliances you can find one that does not require constant participation in AQ or AW and still collect milestones from some 3 day events and AQ glory. There are many players with the same approach and time constraints as you that have come together to just take it as it comes and do not worry about 100% every AQ, I’ve been in them, heck they might even be advertising in alliance recruitment.
  • Options
    There is a loophole in my plan...

I cannot complete allinace quest on my own... My alliance now has 5.5k prestige... no way I can even beat Map 3 on my own... :(
  • Options
    TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Cihag wrote: »
    Hey Folks,
    I understand that the game wants to encourage players to join an alliance, and it is a huge part of the game experience... But not everyone is able to actively participate... Also, I am not complaining about solo rewards in general...

Find a low alliance with no requirements or donations that runs map 3 and stacks the bgs to clear one or two, then you can join the leeching bg most times and the clearing ones when you have more time that day. you get at least a stream of a few map 3 crystals every week this way..

• Options
    /facepalm

Wants more t1a

Refuses Arenas, complains it’s a loss of units when it’s a gain in units. You get 30 in milestone for that 10k battle chip investment and you recoup your BCs.

Refuses Alliances, just can’t be bothered to be in one even though it only requires showing up.

You are earning exactly the amount of alphas you deserve relative to the effort put in.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @Cihag

But you can do some mate, and make some glory?

That’s what I’m planning to do now... And guess what: I opened my first Map 2 Crystal and boom: T1 Alpha!!!!! XD
    Tempest wrote: »
    Hey Folks,
    I understand that the game wants to encourage players to join an alliance, and it is a huge part of the game experience... But not everyone is able to actively participate... Also, I am not complaining about solo rewards in general...

Find a low alliance with no requirements or donations that runs map 3 and stacks the bgs to clear one or two, then you can join the leeching bg most times and the clearing ones when you have more time that day. you get at least a stream of a few map 3 crystals every week this way..

As I said: For multiple reasons my alliance-days are over for now...

Plus: I never complained about the number of alphas you can obtain... the more you grind the more you gain... this is totally understood...

BUT: My complaints are about the ratio... For being the mid-level resource it is, t1 alphas are too much of a bottleneck... (compared with t4B, T3c, even t4c etc...)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    /facepalm

Wants more t1a

Refuses Arenas, complains it’s a loss of units when it’s a gain in units. You get 30 in milestone for that 10k battle chip investment and you recoup your BCs.

Refuses Alliances, just can’t be bothered to be in one even though it only requires showing up.

You are earning exactly the amount of alphas you deserve relative to the effort put in.

My dearest companion...

Well, 1st of all, I understand that in my situation, the alpha arenas are a must... So I will do them... BUT: With respect to units, battle chips and shards, they are OBVIOUSLY a loss compared to the normal arena...

Plus: I never complained about the number of alphas you can obtain... the more you grind the more you gain... this is totally understood...

BUT: My complaints are about the ratio... For being the mid-level resource it is, t1 alphas are too much of a bottleneck... (compared with t4B, T3c, even t4c etc...)

And regarding alliances: Maybe people can acknowledge that not every personality is the same. When I am in an more or less active alliance, where my actions (or rather my activity) affects others, I cannot but actively participate... I could not just join and do the minimum and get the rewards... Trust me, I tried, but could never hold myself back from becoming more and more active in AQ, AW and events...

And since I don’t have the time for this activity level, I just won’t join an alliance.

Maybe you will find the mental strength to accept that not everyone functions the same way that you do...
  • Options
    Help me guys ..
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    /facepalm

Wants more t1a

My dearest companion...

Well, 1st of all, I understand that in my situation, the alpha arenas are a must... So I will do them... BUT: With respect to units, battle chips and shards, they are OBVIOUSLY a loss compared to the normal arena...

And regarding alliances: Maybe people can acknowledge that not every personality is the same. When I am in an more or less active alliance, where my actions (or rather my activity) affects others, I cannot but actively participate... I could not just join and do the minimum and get the rewards... Trust me, I tried, but could never hold myself back from becoming more and more active in AQ, AW and events...

And since I don’t have the time for this activity level, I just won’t join an alliance.

Maybe you will find the mental strength to accept that not everyone functions the same way that you do...
    So let’s look at that ratio to help me understand how you function within the game. Look you already explained it, you are short 1 alpha month. Do the arena once a month and you can correct the imbalance. Or run normal mode in EQ.

As to alliances your inactivity does not negatively impact other players as that inactivity is accounted for in thier model. That’s a hang up and it’s holding you back. Alternatively when you are done with EQ use that time to join an alliance and spend the time in AQ that you would have been playing EQ for. That way you maintain your limited play time and earn a smattering of milestones and completion crystal along with the glory to balance your ratio. There are People who will be happy to play with you under these circumstances and not see it as a hinderance to thier progression.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Do you have a large amount of t4cc in reserve that will allow you to take your 5*s beyond rank 2? Because the ammount of game play you are able to sustain means you are limited to rank 2 the 5* you gain every month if it is not a duplicate, if it is a duplicate your rank up materials are carried forward into the next month and you are on easy street when it comes to rank up decision for those 5s.
  • Options
    WTF? Why are 2 posts silently deleted? One by @Renegade_Doggy and one by myself?

@mods
    If you delete posts silently, at least have the decency and inform us that and why you did it... This is childish...
  • Options
    WTF? Why are 2 posts silently deleted? One by @Renegade_Doggy and one by myself?

@mods
    If you delete posts silently, at least have the decency and inform us that and why you did it... This is childish...

Mate, no idea what was deleted on here, but if a post gets 5 flags it is auto deleted

What? Are you serious? So if I create 5 fake accounts, I can auto-delete any post I whish? What kind of a forum is that? Denunciation for the win?

I am honestly shocked...
  • Options
    bl3i7mh5rw0a.png
    22do5saeyubo.png
    Help I’m drowning in t1a
    :p
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Fckingcam wrote: »
    bl3i7mh5rw0a.png
    22do5saeyubo.png
    Help I’m drowning in t1a
    :p

Yeah “drowning”, you have enough to rank ONE 5* from rank 1-3, which it shouldn’t be that way but I guess it is what it is. Drowning in them would be having 50 or so
  • Options
    Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★

@mods

Mate, no idea what was deleted on here, but if a post gets 5 flags it is auto deleted

What? Are you serious? So if I create 5 fake accounts, I can auto-delete any post I whish? What kind of a forum is that? Denunciation for the win?

I am honestly shocked...

Mate, you cant create 5 fake accounts. They are linked to your game account, really wouldnt be worth the effort, and would look dodgy as hell to Kabam as well

What was deleted?
  • Options
    KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    To the OP, spending only a limited amount of time on the game, what do you do to earn the rewards you listed?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

@mods

I am honestly shocked...

Mate, you cant create 5 fake accounts. They are linked to your game account, really wouldnt be worth the effort, and would look dodgy as hell to Kabam as well

What was deleted?

Well, mine is not connected to the in-Game Account... They are different e-mail addresses... The messages being deleted weren’t anything serious, so I’m not bothered. Also, I could not be bothered to put in the energy and create some fake accounts just to get someone’s post deleted... However, it seems to me that someone else in this discussion might not be as mature...
    Kestrelle wrote: »
    To the OP, spending only a limited amount of time on the game, what do you do to earn the rewards you listed?

Well, since the introduction of the uncollected difficulty in the monthly event quest, rewards for solo gameplay got boosted up quite a bit...

I do heroic, master and uncollected difficulty of the monthly event and 1 Million in the featured arena (with 18 5* champs this is 10 minutes of arena a day). And if I have some free time, I squeeze in a little bit of the basic arena (usually 450k, which is another 10 minutes per day)...

As stated above, this equals to:
    1 5* Basic Crystal
    4-5 4* Crystals
    1-1.5k Units
    2.5 T4 Class Catalysts
    4 T4 Basic Catalysts
    4 T1 Alpha Catalysts
    15.600 T2 Alpha shards

(Units and 4* shards depend on the amount of basic arena)

As stated again and again: If you compare these rewards, the t1 Alphas fall short, since you normally need approx. double the amount compared with T4B... The ratio between the other rewards seems quite balanced...

So now I am considering doing the Alpha Arena as well as the solo AQ (me being the only person in my alliance). So far, I have gotten 2 T1 Alphas out of 3 Map 2 Crystals... ^^
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    I think kabam need to come out with a mode of game play only for solo players for people who don’t have time to invest into an alliance I am personally in the same boat as you are though I have already explored act 5