Options

4* Ultron - Rank 5?

JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
With the newest news regarding the 5* hero crystal change, and the lack of information regarding if shards will become more attainable. I am at a crossroads on if I should Rank 5 my 4* Ultron that I have recently obtained the final T4CC I've been waiting for.

I think the best course of action is to wait and see, but it's hard to keep waiting for the R5 I have available.

Comments

• Options
    Fluffydragon2Fluffydragon2 Posts: 109
    Wait for two weeks. Expect a deal before the changes kick in
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,279 ★★★★★
    JSnook wrote: »
    With the newest news regarding the 5* hero crystal change, and the lack of information regarding if shards will become more attainable. I am at a crossroads on if I should Rank 5 my 4* Ultron that I have recently obtained the final T4CC I've been waiting for.

I think the best course of action is to wait and see, but it's hard to keep waiting for the R5 I have available.

I never see a Rank as a bad choice, personally. Ultron is not a bad one. I would suggest Vision or SL, but the wisest choice would be to R5 your first and you can work on more better.
  • Options
    CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    edited May 2017

I never see a Rank as a bad choice, personally. Ultron is not a bad one. I would suggest Vision or SL, but the wisest choice would be to R5 your first and you can work on more better.

This is not good advice. There are plenty of bad rank up choices out there, however, Ultron is not one of them. Ultron has a ton of utility. He is double immune with regen, useful for AWO, AQ, and depending on your tier AWD.

The question for you is can you wait long enough to hold out for a 5* ultron, which you may never get, or is there another tech champ you are also hoping to pull that would be preferred?
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    If you have enough resources to rank up a 5* to rank 4 i'd say wait for the 5* ultron
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Cheyneed wrote: »

This is not good advice. There are plenty of bad rank up choices out there, however, Ultron is not one of them. Ultron has a ton of utility. He is double immune with regen, useful for AWO, AQ, and depending on your tier AWD.

The question for you is can you wait long enough to hold out for a 5* ultron, which you may never get, or is there another tech champ you are also hoping to pull that would be preferred?
    You must have misunderstood what I said. I just said Ultron wasn't a bad one and suggested he Rank him and get more materials to R5 others. I also said I would normally suggest Vision or SL, but it's better to have one R5 to start. Perhaps you misread what I wrote. As far as bad Ranking, any R5 is better than none. The point is to Rank as much as you can eventually. Having an R5 means better Fights to get more materials.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Bad advice would be to sit and wait for the perfect choice, and have no R5's to use.
  • Options
    InjusticeInjustice Posts: 38

Bad advice would be to sit and wait for the perfect choice, and have no R5's to use.

Ironic lol.

OP I would R5 ultron and not look back. He has too much utility to pass up and realistically by the time you get a 5* ultron from a crystal you'll have enough cats to take him to r3+.
  • Options
    JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    I appreciate everyone's feedback. Obviously I'd rather use it on SL just can never pull him (no less dupe). It's a gamble to wait as stated, then I have 0 R5. I think I will do it and continue to build.
  • Options
    BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    I have both SL and ultron at 5/50, I use ultron much more than I do SL. On a day to day basis, ultron is just more useful. Running maps 5 and 6 in AQ, and even AW attack he can be quite good. Double immunity and regen is just so handy to have these days. SL still has his uses when fighting bosses but let's face it, the boss is the last fight, when used right, ultron will get you there with little to no item use.