**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Versus difficulty skewed in favor of MORE advanced players?

As I'm building a win streak I go from only laughably easy match-ups to only crazy-brutal ones. It gets to the point that even if I play flawlessly I still lose to just blocked specials.

The same isn't true for players who are at the end of progression. After all, if all your 2* heroes are 800+ power you can't exactly get "hard" match-ups anymore.

Thus, the players with the greatest capacity to overcome a deficit in power never get an opportunity to flex their muscles in Versus.

AND players with the greatest need for a little leeway get run over by sheer brute force.

The system clearly has player-determined difficulty in mind. Why not let players use it? Even after building a decent win streak, let low to mid level players in particular take (at worst) medium difficulty match-ups. Also, it wouldn't hurt to find a game mechanic to counter high level players who can still breeze through after 100+ streaks while barely even paying attention.

Comments

• KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    I have 2 max 2 stars and the rest are around 4-500 other than the ones I haven't leveled at all. Still got the streak. Save your power drain champs for those hard matchups, and you won't get killed by specials.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    I don't know what it is anymore because as you've said I'm an advanced player and haven't had to use it in a long time, but there is something called the "infinite" streak method for every arena, and if you use that from round 7/8 to round 21 (those are the important rounds where if you don't use the right strength champions (either stronger or weaker) you get much harder fights than you should) check forums or ask your alliance for a guide to those streaks, once you get past round 21 you can begin using different champions again without risking "death matches"
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    its supposed to get harder, but if you get an infinite streak you only have to worry about champs lower than you
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    i can get 100+ streak easy, look up an infinite streak
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Infinite Streak. Also, you seem to be a newer player. but make sure you do some research on your brackets and what they mean for you. this is probably the biggest thing that helped my account in the early going
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Yeah but I think OP means he doesn't have the champs at the level needed to get the easy infinity streak, or would need to recharge them to do so.

I understand OP I was at that level too, just keep building your roster stronger, it will get there.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    Do the time like everyone did till you get to that level or learn how to sandbag
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    sandbagging is an option for the OP. Pick 2 high rated champs and the third one as low rated as you can. You get an average of the three champs so easier fights to get the 2 wins needed each round
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I remember having a line up where it was hard as heck to get the infinite streak started. I remember wanting to chuck my phone against a wall a LOT.

Keep in mind: There are methods out there to maximize points if you can't get through to an infinite streak.

Most of the infinite streak strategies are to get you to the Thanos/Kang teams. If your line up isn't super strong yet, you need to sand bag on rounds 9-12 to get to Thanos/Kang teams. Once you get to those teams, they are fully leveled but have no masteries, so your pi is usually higher than the Thanos/Kang teams.

There's no shame in sandbagging. It stretches your line up out further to get you more rewards.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Infinite streak
    Sandbagging search in Google u will find Reddit and videos about it. I'm at a level where it format matter anymore juts like the above guys said.