**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Advancement Tiers [Mod Edited Title for Clarity]

CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
edited December 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Hey Kabam,

Serious question - no gripes. My alliance is have a discussion about the weekly SA threshold. We are at 265k to hit the bottom rung of the milestone ladder. Can you please clarify how the brackets are setup? We use to have a bottom milestone of 160k and was curious if getting back down to that is possible. The debate is how is that calculated? Total hero rating of the alliance? Number of members? I'm sure there will be some guesses and opinions but I'd LOVE to have a solid answer on the matter.

Cheers,
LaFleur
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I will be glad to know it too. Now it is really trial and error.

Once reaching 265k 'bracket', can't reduce unless members leave. I observed that in my alliance. We could actually drop to 160k or 130k and even 110k progressively.
  • DangerNoodleDangerNoodle Posts: 235
    I'm wondering that too because my alliance got 350k points and we were still bottom tier...
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    Well we dropped members to a sister alliance and are still at 265k. Just want answers/guidelines/parameters of the game modes themselves. They are laid out very cut and dry for every other mode in the game.
    edited December 2017
    Well we dropped members to a sister alliance and are still at 265k.

How many? If it drop to 20 members or 10 just before SA ends, I believe it will drop from 265k bracket.
    edited December 2017
    It's based on rating.

It is not entirely correct. There was a week, members left and join. The rating just before the SA starts was even higher and yet the rank rewards cutoff decreased.

Unless, the rating calculated excludes members join during the week. Then, why members leave may also not decrease the cut-offs. Very confusing.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Its based on rating and prestige I guess. I heard from someone that it's based on the rating of the top 5 players in the alliance
    the lower your rating, the less points you need (worse rewards)
    The higher your rating, the more points you need (better rewards)

Did you get it the other way?
    Once your alliance in is a cut-offs bracket, your alliance compete with all other alliances in that bracket for rank rewards independent of your alliance rating.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I'm not entirely sure, and I've had the same question before but I think it's connected to the Rating as well as the number of Members. Reason being, I've had Allies starting out that would go up or down from adding New Members, but not a significant PI increase.
    You can see now why I asked for simple clarification from someone at Kabam. Everyone has "heard it from some guy" or is making up a theory to the algorithm. Look, I spend money on the game and play all the time - I freaking love it. Just want to have this rumor on how an alliance is placed in certain brackets put to bed. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Please?

Cheers,
    LaFleur
  • Hey Guys,

Your Tier in Summoner Advancement is based solely on your Alliance Rating. It is not based on the number of Summoners in your Alliance, but their combined Hero Rating.
    winterthur wrote: »
    It's based on rating.

It is not entirely correct. There was a week, members left and join. The rating just before the SA starts was even higher and yet the rank rewards cutoff decreased.

Unless, the rating calculated excludes members join during the week. Then, why members leave may also not decrease the cut-offs. Very confusing.

This sounds odd, so I'm having the team look into it!
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I'm not sure when the time cut off is for your alliance rating. I played around this in the early going for a while.

But this is what I've observed and I think it might help you out: Alliance rating over 1.4 million - 265k cut off. Anything below and the cut offs start going down from there.

when you reach about 1.2 million in alliance rating, it's time to start weeding out the folks that just aren't that active. for a 30 man group, you'll need make sure everyone is getting at least 6k. there's always going to be people who do 15k, and then some who only do 6. but for the most part if you get everyone to an average of 9k per person, you're going to hit SA every week.

The best tactic to combat this is holding crystals for a week, then going all out in the second. then once you reach the cut off in the second week, STOP and hold for the third week. If in the third week your on pace, keep going. Rinse repeat. you're alliance should average roughly 40k per day in SA. Good luck.
    @Kabam Miike Thank you so much!!!
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    It's an old thread but better than starting a new one, can we please have the rank reward cutoffs vs. Alliance ratings shown now since SA is changing.