**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* star Angela

What do you think of Angela as a champion? Got her as my first 5*. Comment

Comments

• Options
    IMWeaselIMWeasel Posts: 80
    Synergy with hela is nasty in war with three other killers like magik iceman and hyperion
  • Options
    Drewbe14Drewbe14 Posts: 122
    Shes a good champ fun to play an great for questing. She doesnt need to be duped
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Very good pull. Way better than most 1st 5* pulls. Congrats.
  • Options
    TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    edited December 2017
    CONGRATS!

A really good pull. She's good. Deals great Damage.
    Most of the Cosmic champs are not very good attackers except Hyperion, Medusa, Duped Thor, Ms Marvel OG. And Angela is one of them.

I also have a 5* cosmic champ, which is Spiderman Symbiote :disappointed:
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    She is a hidden gem, she DOES NOT need to be dup to have very good damage output. Her dup is only icing on the cake at best, you won't miss the sig level much. She is probably the TOP 3 cosmic champs right now, along side with Hyperion and Medusa (but medusa needs dup & synergy). I have a 4* at R4 4/40, going to R5 her very soon (have enough T4cc for her). There are some diff argument comparing her damage vs Drax, someone did some video side by side comparison, they are close, but it depends on various other factors like how many furies stacks, etc.

Btw, as your FIRST 5*, this is a GREAT PULL!!!! :) Congrats!!! Many folks have far worse 1st pull on 5*. Rank her up and she'll be kicking a$$ in no time :)
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Vision_41 wrote: »
    She's not too bad, obviously better duped, but still not too bad. Her buff gain is great though.

I disagree that she is better duped. You need her dupe ability in less than 1 in a 1,000 fights.

She's great as a first 5*.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    She's not too bad, obviously better duped, but still not too bad. Her buff gain is great though.

Sorry, but this is wrong. Her being duped changes nothing - Angela has one of, if not quite possibly the worst signature ability - it decreases her chances of being nullified. Even if that were a risk, the rate at which she can proc her buffs is insane... if you dupe her naturally, whatever, but don't spend any resources awakening Angela. She is not Star Lord or Taskmaster, she's not Hood, she doesn't become more powerful or useful or even change at all once she gets duped.

That being said, OP, she's an amazing character and I'm jealous of your five-star. I have her as a four-star 4/40 and will likely 5/50 her unless my five-star pulls become better than what they have been. She hits like a brick, has stacking/overlapping regeneration. She gains armour, fury, precision and aptitude depending on her power bar. Her specials also stack these buffs too depending on the level... originally I thought to myself 'Spam SP1 and stack fury!!" but now, I find it's actually much better to just let her power grow and store as she gains buffs passively based off her power. For each critical hit she also duplicates those buffs and when she crits it's for insane damage, especially once these buffs really stack.

During/up to the first bar Angela will have armour and gain fury, using SP1 will give you another application of fury but she can gain this naturally - if you allow the power bar to continue to fill then at two she will automatically gain precision and once you hit a full power bar her fury, armour and precision buff durations are all increased by a percentage.

She also gains resilience counters for each 10% health lost and, as I mentioned before, gains overlapping regeneration buffs. Her heavy attack is a critical monster - but yeah, it's far more efficient and effective to simply fight with her and allow your power bar to charge. Her specials are nothing compared to her normal damage output and SP1 in particular often leaves her really open to a counter attack.

SP3 deals MASSIVE damage if you have a lot of buffs, but I'd never use it unless you're ending the fight or the buffs are about to expire.

Once again I will stress: her sig is useless and certainly not applicable for all scenarios, DO NOT use any stones on awakening/raising her sig. Each buff on her reduces the chance of all nullify abilities to trigger against her by a percentage - the scenarios in which you will need this are few and even those, it wont matter because of her proc rate.

One minor annoyance of mine though is a constant wondering of how/why she doesn't have bleed.

She's absolutely a five-star I would invest in. Medusa or Hyperion may be considered better Cosmic champions, but Angela is so fun to play and she's just a straight-forward beast who only gets better as the fight progresses.
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    TonyStark wrote: »
    CONGRATS!

Most of the Cosmic champs are not very good attackers except Hyperion, Medusa, Duped Thor, Ms Marvel OG. And Angela is one of them.

you can argue Symbiote Spiderman is one of the best cosmics in the game. i'll prefer him over Captain or Ms Marvel. lot of crit rate and a guaranteed crit SP2. i have him as a r4 5*.

To OP, lucky! Angela can finish most of fights really fast if you know how to use her! she also has a little regen.
  • Options
    xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    One of my favourite champs. Just don't use her in AW against Mystic defenders. You gonna have a bad time against MD.
  • Options
    VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★

actually her duped ability is useless
  • Options
    Hellstorm_Hellstorm_ Posts: 172
    Thanks guys for your kind words
  • Options
    Hellstorm_Hellstorm_ Posts: 172
    You guys r so nice... it warms my heart 😃😃😃😃😎👍
  • Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Rank her dude. Her dupe only makes her resistant to nullify, so she’s very effective unduped.
    She hits like a truck and can constantly regen with the right masteries.

I got her 5* last week and I ranked her to R3. She’s been putting in work in modok labs.

I’m planning on ranking her for LoL
  • Options
    KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    she is a great 5 star bcz you dont need to wait for her to be duped
  • Options
    VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    TonyStark wrote: »
    CONGRATS!

i love my five star symbiote spidey
  • Options
    Angela sucks! Totally worthless Champ. Needs to be duped just to function, her buffs are **** and she hits like a wet noodle. I'd take a 5* Groot any day over Angela. By far the worst Cosmic champ in the game. I don't know why I even bothered to take my 4* of her to R4. Should have R4'd Groot or Carnage instead. Total waste of resources.