**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Doc Oct bugged? [Not A Bug]

13_Dub13_Dub Posts: 28
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Trying to understand why when doc oct is duped, he doesn’t power lock when it says power lock? Can I get some clarification please
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Awakened? He doesn't power lock, he power drains and power steals. There is a difference. Unawakened he power locks.

I also assume you mean after the breakthrough triggers - step 1.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    His dupe changes how his abilities work. It's no longer a power lock. It becomes a power steal. It's not a big power steal but it steals back all the power your opponent gains from the attack plus a little extra. It can actually be a little problematic against some champs like Cable and Magik because it can push them over a bar of power then back down repeatability.
    His heal block becomes a health steal also with a dupe so you can regen from Cable and Magik though. It's an odd trade off.
  • Options
    KaanG95KaanG95 Posts: 74
    I think you are wrong guys. I always use awakened doctor octopus and he usually does power lock on 4th hit or during the fight. Im sure that duped octopus can power lock the enemy.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    KaanG95 wrote: »
    I think you are wrong guys. I always use awakened doctor octopus and he usually does power lock on 4th hit or during the fight. Im sure that duped octopus can power lock the enemy.

Nope. Read his sig. When awakened he "Drains 100% of power gained and Steals X% of the Power Drained." This is not "Power Lock". With power drain, the opponent gains the power, but immediately looses it (and Doc steals a percentage of it). When awakened, his breakthrough abilities at the top of the description override those of the passive abilities when not awakened.

It operates in much the same way. However, when awakened you have to be careful of the breakthrough when fighting someone like Magik. If you hit the breakthrough with just under a bar of power on Magik, then power drain will cause her to gain power (just above the bar, which is immediately drained) and potentially land you in a vicious cycle of limbo.
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Without his Signature Ability, Doctor Octopus CANNOT RESEARCH PHYSICS during it’s Breakthrough and gains less power. It is an improvement on his base power lock in every way. If you find yourself getting Limboed to death it’s your fault for not paying attention; use a heavy attack to remove all breakthroughs should you find yourself in this predicament.

This^^^^^^
  • Options
    Without his Signature Ability, Doctor Octopus CANNOT RESEARCH PHYSICS during it’s Breakthrough and gains less power. It is an improvement on his base power lock in every way. If you find yourself getting Limboed to death it’s your fault for not paying attention; use a heavy attack to remove all breakthroughs should you find yourself in this predicament.

Agreed.
  • Options
    SenorPantsSenorPants Posts: 101

OK, help a brother out here. I have my Doc 5* unduped at r4, and he's an awesome utility/denial champ as he is. I've hesitated to awaken him (I have a tech gem, holding in case I ever get SL) because of all the "against Magik you'll get caught in infinite limbo" chatter." I get what you're saying about the slower power gain when unduped Doc lands Power Lock, but can't see how his duped physics ability would help against Magik.

So if you have a moment to share, how do you fight a stun immune Magik with md4 or 5 in war with duped Doctorpus and keep her out of Limbo?
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey guys. Just stepping in to confirm that the previous comments are correct here. Duped Doc Ock no longer does Power Lock.

Also @SenorPants, that's something you'd want to ask in Strategies and Tips. I'm going to go ahead and close out this thread since the OP's issue is not a bug. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.