**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Scarlet Witch - Power Steal is taking her own power [Under Investigation]

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Mods have commented on various threads today in general discussion and in the bug section, but this was ignored. Just let us know something. An update on when this will be fixed would be ideal. Under investigation for a month is bogus; it happens every time SW triggers power steal.
  • BallcrusherBallcrusher Posts: 8
    edited January 2018
    A few people including kabam wolf have stated this is only bugged while taking damage. That was true for at least a year now that I know of. Since December I've watched my own videos and realized I wasn't seeing things. If I get a double crit and the second being the 4th hit in a combo (procing pd) then we both lose power. This isn't from taking damage so that team investigating this needs to better inform the public liasons
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Power STEAL and power DRAIN are different.

Power STEAL is currently bugged.
    A few people including kabam wolf have stated this is only bugged while taking damage. That was true for at least a year now that I know of. Since December I've watched my own videos and realized I wasn't seeing things. If I get a double crit and the second being the 4th hit in a combo (procing pd) then we both lose power. This isn't from taking damage so that team investigating this needs to better inform the public liasons

You are describing something completely different; Power Drain , which effects both players and is working as intended.

The issue I am trying to highlight and have posted vids about is Power Steal. As shows by the vids on the first page, Scarlet Witch’s Power Steal “steals” her own power.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey all. It looks like that team is close to a fix on this one. I'll will post an update once I know a fix version. Thanks!
  • SenorPantsSenorPants Posts: 101
    Thanks. This has been super annoying.
    Are we really going to have to wait until a February update for this to be fixed ? By then it will be 8 weeks ,2 months of a bugged ability.
  • So it's taken 3 years to fix this? Because honestly ever since she was able to be duped when you power drain you lose power too randomly. So I don't see this as being a bug. She has always worked this way. But if Kabam wants to buff SW again by all means do so.
  • Firelord_OzaiFirelord_Ozai Posts: 42
    edited January 2018
    There are plenty of other bugged champions that have been bugged for over a year now. Mordo parry.. rogue power copy.. and other things totally ignored by Kabam like Pure skill ( 4560 units wasted). I do hope more champions get fixed and useless expensive abilities do too.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me. I’m glad they’re working on it.
    edited January 2018
    So it's taken 3 years to fix this? Because honestly ever since she was able to be duped when you power drain you lose power too randomly. So I don't see this as being a bug. She has always worked this way. But if Kabam wants to buff SW again by all means do so.

That is NOT the issue. Power drain takes all energy from both fighters. Power STEAL is what is bugged. Did you even watch the videos?
  • XeroluqXeroluq Posts: 16
    Yeah, she always power drains both on her hit. Thought it was part of their nerf when they killed Dr strange. 12 I believe
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Wow that was a bug? It's been so long that I thought it was intended and kabam just screwed up the wording like they always do.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Really hadn't noticed this until I did my ROL run last night. Really don't notice it happens unless you're right at the limits of each special attack.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Any update on the fix for this?
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Dexman1349. No update just yet, but I will post in here asap. Thanks!
    edited January 2018
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @Dexman1349. No update just yet, but I will post in here asap. Thanks!

We're going on 7 weeks now. Between this and Cap Marvel issues, it's just absurd.

• AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    Still going on. Beautiful. How can she be bugged being such an older character?? Just wtf? Seriously? Can't get her code right STILL?? Just love dealing with this issue as well as not even being able to control my SW. Or any other character anymore.
  • Almost every single fight I use switch in it's a gamble if her specials will fire by the time I hit the button as she drains both their power frequently, and this is mid combo while I'm attacking and not getting hit. I assumed it was by design, now I know differemt (she uses chaos magik, as her ability, so it seemed to fit as it is chaotic by nature). I love getting plastered after tapping the button and then realizing my power is gone...
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I only just noticed this today

Power Steal is taking both Champions power
  • Nemsa_M4nNemsa_M4n Posts: 97
    The amount of you who don't know the difference between power drain when receiving a hit and power steal while hitting the opponent is worrying.
    Nemsa_M4n wrote: »
    The amount of you who don't know the difference between power drain when receiving a hit and power steal while hitting the opponent is worrying.

Seriously... and it derails the thread from the proper issue.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I just had this happen to me a few minutes ago in the event quests, just another bug in a long list of them which are growing and growing by the minute and basically being ignored by kabam.
  • RawwryDRawwryD Posts: 25
    I thought I noticed this happening. Glad I am not Crazy.
This discussion has been closed.