**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Good Counter To M.O.D.O.K.?

Does anyone know any champions that are a good counter to M.O.D.O.K.?

Comments

• Josh51700Josh51700 Posts: 88
    Not many are a great counter for MODOK but using Archangel does amazing against him. You never have to deal with MODOKs auto block because Archangel does tons of damage without even having to touch him when you put neurotoxins on him. You can use Archangel unduped, I used mine unduped and it worked great.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Quake is pretty good too.
  • Blade??? With the GR and spark synergy.. 80+% ability accuracy reduction.. and also high damage due to danger sense..
  • + not to forget.. class advantage.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Maverick wrote: »
    Blade??? With the GR and spark synergy.. 80+% ability accuracy reduction.. and also high damage due to danger sense..

MODOK is dimensional?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    My Crossbones has done well vs Modok.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Black Widow
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Archangel is great because one counter to him is to parry heavy, and when you do that with AA, you inflict bleed which can then inflict poison and ultimately inflict neurotoxin on him, which would reduce his forcefield chance trigger and hence reduce autoblock triggering.

Another popular choice is BW, as autoblock counts as a defensive ability, hence her sig ability can greatly reduce the chance of autoblock triggering. Furthermore, she gains a class advantage and hence gives you more damage and more ability accuracy reduction.

Just make sure that both are duped, otherwise they will not be as effective. There's a bigger list, but by far the 2 champs above are my favourite ones to bring in against MODOK.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    My archangel is rank 4 duped 4 star is that alright for uncollected modok and taskmaster?
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    My archangel is rank 4 duped 4 star is that alright for uncollected modok and taskmaster?

You gotta make sure you parry every single time, and be prepared for a long fight. It's really difficult, but it's possible
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I took full team of ability reduction, all r5/r3. last 3 times didn't need to revive,(today controls aren't lagging for me like yesterday) was usually archangel or stark spidey that did it (just evading the l1s automatically helps a lot) next best was elektra then Hyperion and voodoo, (voodoo was mainly for getting to them without any deaths) as mentioned parry then heavy, only hit in 4 combos, and don't intercept he has an evade punch which is possibly a bug. (unless he's properly stunned) and yeah aa r4 could probably do a lot but the block damage is massive so once he's neurotoxined you can switch to intercepts
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Quake and blade.

You’re welcome
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Ability accuracy....not a champ but it’s how to bypass his auto block.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Will a duped GP work?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    xNig wrote: »
    Will a duped GP work?
    You’ll have a long time to build up enough ability accuracy reduction to get past auto block.

Should also note that he will gain his shield slower (.8 seconds?) and auto block less with more dead champs in your roster.
  • The answer to every "who can counter....?" question is only one
    Blade
    You have blade? you will have a good time
    You don't have blade? you are screwed
    Really not enjoining how this 5.4 is based on a single champ for 80/85% of it, and i'm not alone
    No 4/55 blade = almost no chance to try a legend run
    Thank you so much
  • Kayser2705Kayser2705 Posts: 96
    Elektra using her special 1, don’t use her until you fight modok
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Archangel is great because one counter to him is to parry heavy, and when you do that with AA, you inflict bleed which can then inflict poison and ultimately inflict neurotoxin on him, which would reduce his forcefield chance trigger and hence reduce autoblock triggering.

Another popular choice is BW, as autoblock counts as a defensive ability, hence her sig ability can greatly reduce the chance of autoblock triggering. Furthermore, she gains a class advantage and hence gives you more damage and more ability accuracy reduction.

Just make sure that both are duped, otherwise they will not be as effective. There's a bigger list, but by far the 2 champs above are my favourite ones to bring in against MODOK.

A team of 5* Quake, 4* quake, 3* quake and sig99 BW would prevent MODOK from ever triggering auto-block against BW
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    Archangel, keep parrying MODOK and use heavy attack.
    Gwenpool, with her defensive ability reduction. You also get class advantage.
    Quake, with her heavy attack charges.
    Electra, Black Widow, Blade etc.
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    And what about CB to counter auto-block?
  • Modok ability Counts same like a spidey.

Any that reduce ability have a chance to prevent the autoblock. GP, bw, CB, Elektra, other good against him AA,

Modok is similar to a spidey.. be carefull when u fight him.. Do only 2-3 combos... except when he just autoblock and u can get a hit within a sec then ur able to do full combo.. (altho i wud still be carefull)
    Reason why AA is really good against him is he dont evade but block therefor AA will still be able to do is Parry-heavy attack.

• Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Use a high signature BW with Hawkeye and Quake--a 99 BW would have about a 97% chance to stop his auto block. Quake can do well against him too. Throw in Hulk for that 25% stun synergy and then add AA and you have the perfect 5 to take down Humpty Dumpty, I mean Modok.
  • zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    What i dont get is how he can interupt a 5hit combo. This is a connecting combo. Pretty much ****.
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    OK, let's summarize: Any ability reducer (even Voodoo) will help a lot to mitigate auto-block. I'm sure Quake would do great as she usually does against tricky bosses.
    Really any champ if you're patient enough to do short combos off parries and practice evading his specials. I also had good luck with Hyperion (L2 OK off a parry but not L1 it got blocked).
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

A team of 5* Quake, 4* quake, 3* quake and sig99 BW would prevent MODOK from ever triggering auto-block against BW

Careful with the word ever .... I don't think it is an additive thing ... I have had ultron on me with BW, Quake and Haweye team

It is multiplicative. However, with the synergies from 2 Quakes (you don't actually need a 3* Quake since she doesn't have a synergy with BW. I got that wrong there) and extra +15% (additive) against science champs, BW's ability accuracy reduction becomes 106% (2×0.15×70+70+15)
    The situation with BW+Quake+HE is a bit sketchy. No one from Kabam ever addressed it. How some players explain it is that BW ability accuracy reduction accuracy (I know it sounds weird) is already at 100% so the Quake-HE synergy doesn't affect it. However, the potency of BW's ability accuracy reduction is at 70% at sig99 (or 85% against Science champs). The Quake-BW synergy boosts this potency