The Contest has changed, as should we.

I have a few talking points today, but I'll address the big one first:

Updates to the Apple App Store

Apple has updated their App Store Review Guidelines in light of recent talks across Europe which resulted in including loot boxes under the "gambling" umbrealla. To address this and adapt to the situation, they've added a bullet in Section 3.1.1 (In-App Purchases) stating that, "Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase." What does this mean for us? It means that we'll finally get to definitively know the going rate for 4* champions out of Premium Hero Crystals (among a lot of other odds). There will be a grace period before Apple starts enforcing the guidelines, but I see no reason for Kabam to delay this information since it's inevitable.

Alliance Wars

When the big Defender Diversity update came out, alliances quickly adapted and started bringing a large variety of champions, meaning Defender Rating dropped as people scooped. This made wars too easy, and we quickly received an update that made all the individual nodes more difficult. Recently we received another large update which dialed back Defender Diversity by a lot. Players began bringing their best for defense again. In my opinion this has caused wars to be too difficult. While difficult node combinations were fun against a 4/40 Kamala Khan, they're pretty damning against 20 5/50 Nightcrawlers.

Alliance Bases

How "soon" is "Coming Soon?" This feature has been in development for so long that it hasn't even been mentioned in any of the recent major updates. Personally, I'd be happier to see it removed if there are no intentions of implementing it. If it is still being worked on, maybe mention it once in a while?

Comments

• wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Member Posts: 366 ★★
    PvP is not meant to be easy. If you want easy play Act 1.
  • rwhackrwhack Member Posts: 1,058 ★★★
    I'll tell you right now in spite of their denials the pulls are not and have never been random. I'm now 1 for 36 on featured pulls. I got 3 new champs and duped all 3. There were 80+ champs possible and pulled 3 of the same 3 times. There is nothing that screams not random more than that.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Member Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I like the fact that wars have returned to the point that 100% exploration in AW isn't as common anymore. Every alliance should not expect to get 100% every time. We've all gotten spoiled with being able to fully explore a map every time.

The only thing I wish would get changed with wars is that each ally essentially has to 100% a map in order to get a boss kill. Aside from a couple nodes at the beginning, the ally has to effectively kill 80% of the map just to unlock the nodes to the boss. The final 30% is all inter-linked and required to fully unlock the boss. There really is no way for an alliance to make a late-war decision between exploring and getting the boss kill.

For defense placement, that means all you have to do is shut down one line and your boss will be fine.
  • BornBorn Member Posts: 228 ★★
    I have a few talking points today, but I'll address the big one first:

Updates to the Apple App Store

Apple has updated their App Store Review Guidelines in light of recent talks across Europe which resulted in including loot boxes under the "gambling" umbrealla. To address this and adapt to the situation, they've added a bullet in Section 3.1.1 (In-App Purchases) stating that, "Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase." What does this mean for us? It means that we'll finally get to definitively know the going rate for 4* champions out of Premium Hero Crystals (among a lot of other odds). There will be a grace period before Apple starts enforcing the guidelines, but I see no reason for Kabam to delay this information since it's inevitable.

Alliance Wars

When the big Defender Diversity update came out, alliances quickly adapted and started bringing a large variety of champions, meaning Defender Rating dropped as people scooped. This made wars too easy, and we quickly received an update that made all the individual nodes more difficult. Recently we received another large update which dialed back Defender Diversity by a lot. Players began bringing their best for defense again. In my opinion this has caused wars to be too difficult. While difficult node combinations were fun against a 4/40 Kamala Khan, they're pretty damning against 20 5/50 Nightcrawlers.

Alliance Bases

How "soon" is "Coming Soon?" This feature has been in development for so long that it hasn't even been mentioned in any of the recent major updates. Personally, I'd be happier to see it removed if there are no intentions of implementing it. If it is still being worked on, maybe mention it once in a while?

As long as they don’t sell crystals for money they won’t need to reveal anything. PHC are purchased with units,
    In game currency that can be collected by grinding. 4 and 5* crystals as well. None of these require you to purchase them with real money.
  • ZenioZenio Member Posts: 106
    Just wanna say tier 1 or 2 items shouldn’t be in a four star chest
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Member Posts: 639 ★★★
    AW is really easy
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Member Posts: 292
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    AW is really easy

Says someone in a very low war tier. Alliance Rating of half my profile.

Wars being easy or hard is subjective to the player, tier, alliance and opponent.