**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

2018 should be the year of direct buffs

Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
Ok 2018 should be the year of buffs and I'm not talking about buffing characters through synergies. No straight up fixing characters. I'll use my boy Dr. Strange as an example. He's been almost worthless ever since 12.0. Y'all never fixed him but you guys fixed Thor and Scarlet Witch after that whole situation in the next update 12.1.

Dr. Strange and his regen/damage output have never been revisited and its time for him and other champions like Black Bolt, Luke Cage, Venom, Carnage, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool X- Force, Colossus, She-Hulk, Iron Fist and others some use in the game. I know not every character can be in the top tier but give them a use.

Short List of Fix Suggestions
Dr. Strange : Buff his Damage Output and make his Regen stronger. Preferably go back to what he was Pre 12.0 update.

Luke Cage : Make him become indestructible after a 15-20 hit combo. Give him resistance to bullet damage. Buff his damage output

Black Bolt : His sig ability flip the way it works. For every critical he lands give him the fury and cruelty buffs instead of the other way around. I know he has a synergy that does this but this shouldn't be required to make him good to fight with.

Ms. Marvel : Fix that special 2. (I know the fix is coming but when?)

Colossus : Give him Incinerate and Poison Immunity

Like I said before I know every character can't be top tier but at least make some champions useful in some way.

Comments

• CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Sick of the flaggers...
    Good post mate.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Sick of the flaggers...
    Good post mate.

Idk why people stay flagging stuff.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Dr. Strange : Buff his Damage Output and make his Regen stronger. Preferably go back to what he was Pre 12.0 update.
    They did modify him, but just not to levels that he was before. I think the regen is adequate, but the problem is that the timer is way to long. Reset his timer back to what it was and it will give the players more options than what we currently have with DS.
    Luke Cage : Make him become indestructible after a 15-20 hit combo. Give him resistance to bullet damage. Buff his damage output
    I agree LC needs some major improvements. His indestructible should activate more than once per fight. He should eithdr have it activate after a special like juggernaut or randomly throughout the fight based on a percentage. Also, his damage output could be better.
    Yet another champ that specializes in defense that could use a defensive upgrade. I like the ideas of making him incinerate and poison immune. He should also get some type of offensive boost like maybe concussion or stun.
    Jwallace25 wrote: »
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    They did modify him, but just not to levels that he was before. I think the regen is adequate, but the problem is that the timer is way to long. Reset his timer back to what it was and it will give the players more options than what we currently have with DS.
    I agree LC needs some major improvements. His indestructible should activate more than once per fight. He should eithdr have it activate after a special like juggernaut or randomly throughout the fight based on a percentage. Also, his damage output could be better.
    Yet another champ that specializes in defense that could use a defensive upgrade. I like the ideas of making him incinerate and poison immune. He should also get some type of offensive boost like maybe concussion or stun.

Love the feedback. These champs gotta be better.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    The ironic thing about the flaggers is that they are essentially guaranteeing that a mod will see your post, increasing the chance of it being fed back to the dev team.

So the jokes on them really, they’re actually doing you a favour. Good post btw dude. Some of the older characters could use a bit of love.
    The ironic thing about the flaggers is that they are essentially guaranteeing that a mod will see your post, increasing the chance of it being fed back to the dev team.

So the jokes on them really, they’re actually doing you a favour. Good post btw dude. Some of the older characters could use a bit of love.

Honestly thanks dude.
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    I do think Colossus should be poison and incinerate immune, heck give him shock immune too and make him the first one to ever be shock immune. Hes organic steel, which has the ability to go past adamantium, (character only). I do understand the balance but a robot i can see setting on fire, shocking but a walking metal man should outright screan road block in defensive purposes. His offensive really doesnt need too much work if any imo
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I think dr.strange’s biggest problem is his power gain. It’s way to slow. He has the slowest power gain in the game and after they nerfed he’s power gain saying it was op they introduced hype and mordo hypocrites
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Does anyone have any ideas how they could buff carnage and venom?
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited January 2018

Better bleed damage been a while since I last looked at a carnage so don’t remember all his stuff but give Him something along the lines of venom as well where he can duplicate buffs
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Before Kabam starts mass-buffing champions for balance (or even to make all of them remotely useful in any area of game), first they should improve the way they release new champions - start testing them better before release.

Because what's good in fixing 2 champions every few months, if they release more broken champions at higher rate, champions which are not good in any mode in the game?

Green Goblin, Kingpin, Sentry? Do they have any purpose for their existance in game, besides making people feel bad when they pull them? And they are new champions.
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 210
    LUKE CAGE 17.0 CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT

Base Stats & Abilities
    *All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 16572
    Attack: 1159
    Max PI:
    Without Signature: 3552
    With Signature (99): 4353

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 33227
    Attack: 2324
    Max PI:
    Without Signature: 7165
    With Signature (99): 9816

Basic Abilities - Bleed Immunity, Resist Physical, Exhaustion, Stun

Passive
    Bulletproof and near impenetrable skin provides immunity to Bleeding.
    +1333 Physical Resistance against non-Critical Hits.

All Attacks
    Luke Cage gains +521 Attack Rating for each Debuff on the opponent.

Light Attacks
    30% chance to Exhaust the opponent, reducing Critical Hit Damage Rating by 84 and the potency of their Power Gain effects by 25% for 10 seconds.

Signature Ability - “Tough it Out”
    When Attacked
    Bullet-proof skin allows Luke Cage to become Indestructible and ignore all incoming damage for 1~2.4 seconds.
    This ability can be activated again after a 45~26 seconds cooldown.

Special Attacks

Special 1
    57% chance to Stun the opponent for 2.5 seconds, plus 10% chance for each stack of Exhaustion on the target has, up to 30%.

Special 2
    Consumes all Exhaustion Debuffs to inflict Concussion, reducing the opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 25% per Debuff converted for 13 seconds.

Special 3
    Inflicts 4 Exhaustion Debuffs, each reducing Critical Hit Damage Rating by 84 and the potency of their Power Gain effects by 25% for 18 seconds.

@Isman1998 Is the Indestructible ability every 26 seconds not enough for you? You want it more often?
    LUKE CAGE 17.0 CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT

Base Stats & Abilities
    *All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 16572
    Attack: 1159
    Max PI:
    Without Signature: 3552
    With Signature (99): 4353

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 33227
    Attack: 2324
    Max PI:
    Without Signature: 7165
    With Signature (99): 9816

Basic Abilities - Bleed Immunity, Resist Physical, Exhaustion, Stun

Passive
    Bulletproof and near impenetrable skin provides immunity to Bleeding.
    +1333 Physical Resistance against non-Critical Hits.

All Attacks
    Luke Cage gains +521 Attack Rating for each Debuff on the opponent.

Light Attacks
    30% chance to Exhaust the opponent, reducing Critical Hit Damage Rating by 84 and the potency of their Power Gain effects by 25% for 10 seconds.

Signature Ability - “Tough it Out”
    When Attacked
    Bullet-proof skin allows Luke Cage to become Indestructible and ignore all incoming damage for 1~2.4 seconds.
    This ability can be activated again after a 45~26 seconds cooldown.

Special Attacks

Special 1
    57% chance to Stun the opponent for 2.5 seconds, plus 10% chance for each stack of Exhaustion on the target has, up to 30%.

Special 2
    Consumes all Exhaustion Debuffs to inflict Concussion, reducing the opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 25% per Debuff converted for 13 seconds.

Special 3
    Inflicts 4 Exhaustion Debuffs, each reducing Critical Hit Damage Rating by 84 and the potency of their Power Gain effects by 25% for 18 seconds.

@Isman1998 Is the Indestructible ability every 26 seconds not enough for you? You want it more often?

I made this post way before they said they were buffing Luke Cage and Red Hulk. I'm cool with every 26 seconds. Anything to make him better.
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    Venom needs to be a spidey killer spidey sense doesn’t detect venom so venom should be able to stop Spider-Man’s evade give him more damage and a better bleed and buff venompools Regen and bleed
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited January 2018

I think all symbiotes need an accuracy reduction ability. Even if it’s just an evade counter. But more would be better. The symbiotes in the comics are good because they can adapt, which gives them a lot potential within these game mechanics.

Venoms generally quite good, he’s just outdated and has no real utility, buffs take too long to build up and are quite random.

If they added some form of accuracy reduction. Maybe when the target is bleeding or just a base one like AV, he already becomes more useful.

They need to also increase his buff copy chance to 100% on specials. Possibly more than 1 buff or maybe longer durations too.

Maybe also have a way to increase his passive buff gain. Get one on each special, or maybe just reduce the timer for the next one if he target is bleeding or something.

Venom is close to being good. He just falls short everywhere.

Carbage needs a bit more work.

He needs his base stats increased.

He needs his bleed generation improved. Chance on hit/crit, like BP or AA or a long one on every special like punisher/WS. I do like the short bleeds on crit in already bleeding targets.

Bleeds need to be improved. Possibly just by increasing his base stats.

His Sig ability needs to be improved also. I would make him steal health and energy from a bleeding target (% of bleed damage or a flat amount per bleed stack per hit or something) , instead of the terrible power gain increase that he has now.
    This will give him some longevity, and a small amount of power control, by reducing the power an enemy gains and also increasing his own power gain. Doesn’t have to be huge, but it would be nice to make him work well when used agressively. Fits his whole chaos psycho serial killer personality.

Carnage also needs his victory pose changed/improved. Even if it is him throwing his hands back and screaming with tentacles flapping about like in his L3. He’s not gunna walk up and pose like Captain America after he dismembers Someone.

It’s disappointing that the 2 original and fan favourite symbiote champs are overshadowed by venompool and AV.
    Cuteshelf wrote: »

I think all symbiotes need an accuracy reduction ability. Even if it’s just an evade counter. But more would be better. The symbiotes in the comics are good because they can adapt, which gives them a lot potential within these game mechanics.

Venoms generally quite good, he’s just outdated and has no real utility, buffs take too long to build up and are quite random.

If they added some form of accuracy reduction. Maybe when the target is bleeding or just a base one like AV, he already becomes more useful.

They need to also increase his buff copy chance to 100% on specials. Possibly more than 1 buff or maybe longer durations too.

Maybe also have a way to increase his passive buff gain. Get one on each special, or maybe just reduce the timer for the next one if he target is bleeding or something.

Venom is close to being good. He just falls short everywhere.

Carbage needs a bit more work.

He needs his base stats increased.

He needs his bleed generation improved. Chance on hit/crit, like BP or AA or a long one on every special like punisher/WS. I do like the short bleeds on crit in already bleeding targets.

Bleeds need to be improved. Possibly just by increasing his base stats.

His Sig ability needs to be improved also. I would make him steal health and energy from a bleeding target (% of bleed damage or a flat amount per bleed stack per hit or something) , instead of the terrible power gain increase that he has now.
    This will give him some longevity, and a small amount of power control, by reducing the power an enemy gains and also increasing his own power gain. Doesn’t have to be huge, but it would be nice to make him work well when used agressively. Fits his whole chaos psycho serial killer personality.

Carnage also needs his victory pose changed/improved. Even if it is him throwing his hands back and screaming with tentacles flapping about like in his L3. He’s not gunna walk up and pose like Captain America after he dismembers Someone.

It’s disappointing that the 2 original and fan favourite symbiote champs are overshadowed by venompool and AV.

Honestly. Hopefully they get buffed in the future.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Green Goblin, Kingpin, Sentry? Do they have any purpose for their existance in game, besides making people feel bad when they pull them? And they are new champions.

Kingpin not good in any part of the game? He was my MVP against Void uncollected and Magneto Boss Rush Challenge.

Against Void:
    His sp1 causes 45% ability reduction.
    And he can passively converts debuffs to rage buffs by 50%. With hood/joe fixit synergy, he gets an additional 15% almost rivaling that of Agent Venom’s 70%.
    So against Void, spam SP1. That allowed me not to get hit by some of his debuffs. And if that didnt work, i have another 65% chance to shrug off debuffs and convert them to rage buffs.
    And if those still dont work, then i resort to the 10th hit combo. But honestly, my 4* r5 kingpin rarely had a debuff on him.

Against Magneto Boss Rush,
    As long as I can hit him with SP1, thorn gets turned off. And it’s not hard to keep that black ISO on your opponent for the whole fight. Although it’s not 85% ability reduction like that of elektra, definitely way easier to keep on because it’s 12 second long. AND 45% is more than enough against thorns.

Is Kingpin godtier?
    Definitely not. But does he have no use in the game? Definitely not as well.

Re green goblin:
    I just duped mine so im still testing him but definitely not useless either. His power control is different that it’s not a debuff. You cant shrug off his cunning (yes, his Sp1 can drain. But that’s not his main mode of power control). And his SP2 hits really hard.

Is GG godtier? - No
    Is he useless? - No

Sentry? - No idea :smiley: I dont have him :smiley: