**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Select Champions

Saving shards and opening crystals and not getting the champion you want is soul crushing. Allow players to select the champions they want by saving shards. Even if the amount is 10x the amount for a random champ.

20,000 3* shards for a 3* Select Champion
20,000 4* shards for a 4* Select Champion
100,000 5* shards for a 5* Select Champion

If you get two of the same champion - it is only a 1x dupe.

You still would have the option to spin for Basic or Featured champs but you also would now have a choice of a Select champ.

I believe this type of offering would greatly increase morale and make us feel like we have a real chance at the champions we really want if we work hard for them. The harder you grind and the more you participate - the faster you get the champions you want. Hard work and dedication should be rewarded.

Comments

• Options
    Evil_TwinEvil_Twin Posts: 66
    I really love this idea. It empowers us on some level. Right now I am pretty burnt out and cynical about crystal openings. This would breathe new life into the game for me.
  • Options
    NyaleNyale Posts: 136
    10x is overkill it means saving a year for a champion they might nerf at a whim, but 2x-3x should be fair
  • Options
    100k 5 star shards for a champ i want?? ill pass
  • Options
    ARKANG3L_2099ARKANG3L_2099 Posts: 129
    I love this idea, two others have had very similar ideas in the past 3 days.

Okay so we got PHC for 2000 shards (I open at least 10 a week)
    The 3* and 4 * are also 2000 shards and are less frequent to gain.
    And then 10000 or 15000 for a 5*.
    So...
    PHC 2000 shard to spin.
    I would not allow this crystal to give selections given it ranges 2-4 star heroes.
    3* Crystal 2000 shard to spin.
    10000 shard to select a 3 star.
    4* Crystal 2000 shard to spin.
    20000 to select a 4 star.
    5* Crystal 10000 - 15000 shard per spin.
    25000 shard to select 5 star.

This is based off of how long it would take me to get that many shards casually. It might actually need to be more to slow the higher tier players down.
    I think that is fair for player and Kabam too.
    It wont be a walk in the park and it will make player need to take the time to get the crystal shards required.

The biggest problem is Crystals are pre-determined. The second you hit 'buy' the champion is already selected so it doesnt matter if you watch the animation or just 'open now'.
    So the issue is that heroes are already pre-selected, it would mean has to create a new piece in that system so players can select who they want.
    Note: i would recommend this as a nerf to it but as people who watch the opening animation know, the hero wheel spins and lands on the prize, the idea is that players could just rotate the wheel themselves to select a prize. The nerf is, that not every champion is in the selection, only say 15-25 different champions.
    Which means that it still might take a few attempts at getting the desired champion. But nothing as long as it is now.

Note; i do not hate players or the game for offerering nerfs. i say this all in the realism that even if Kabam did this they would still need to find some money in it as well as ensure players spend time on the game.
  • Options
    I think that it should be hard to choose your champions - that is why I proposed such a high number. Otherwise we would be overrun with just the top champions. And you don't have to choose this option, so if the price is too high then keep spinning.

I propose a different set of "nerfs" (as ARKANG3L_2099 called them):

I would suggest a monthly highlight - the way they do features champs now. So you have to wait to get the champ you want. That is not ideal but again it would prevent an overrun of the strongest champs.

In order to keep the game balanced - maybe make it so you can't buy a dupe of the champion.

And/or another option is to make it very rare - offer the ability to buy a champ once a year - say around Xmas time.

Finally, if you really want to limit this - then just allow each player only 1 chance to buy a champ of their choice for each level - 3*, 4* and 5* using the amounts I proposed.
  • Options
    CyberCCyberC Posts: 13
    Or at the very least give us a smaller pool of options like class specific. I for one have a serious deficit of skill and tech champs.
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    No thanks
  • Options
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    No thanks

Not every offer is intended for all players. Sorry, couldn't resist :)
  • Options
    I love this idea and I beg Kabam to put this feature in as I know for a fact that there is that one hero that we don’t have, but extremely want.
    Honestly, I’d go to hell and back just to get my favourite champion. Laban, If you are reading this, please, consider this as I have consistently been attempting to receive a Rocket Raccoon and I am sure many people have been trying to receive their favourite hero too.