**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Monthly subscription service?

Did kabam ever consider monthly subscription packages for regular players?

For eg:- 50$ per month gives you 500 energy refills and certain phc or t1a shards etc.

100$ per month...unlimited energy refills and certain 4* shards every day

200$ per month- 100$ deal + t4cc and 5* shards

You guys need to work on something like this...

Id instantly subscribe just for the energy refills. And fixed monthly income for kabam.no more worries about hitting those sales benchmarks with deal offers.

Comments

• Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Do you mean 500 energy, or 500 full energy refills?

Because if you mean energy refills that's super out of line with the current cost.
    500 x 30= 15k
    15k units is about 5 Odin's, so around 500 bucks.

Anything more then 50 refills for that price seems crazy out of touch, and even that seems like something you would get for one month to quickly run through some content and then stop the subscription.

They already have monthly cards that give shards for catalysts, imo t1a should get one of these card offers too. And they have energy budles where you pay 300 units for 6 refills that, as a non spender, I love very much myself.

In my opinion, unlimited energy would break the game, especially if it's only 100 dollars. This would translate to 110 euros and I would consider buying it in the summer when I have a few weeks off, run through everything. It would make me stop spending units on refills until that time and just ignore story for a while. Resulting in a big stash of units which would make act 5 so much easier. The price you suggest just doesn't match with anything they offer.
  • Options
    RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Those are hypothetical prices. Current 30 units for a refill is anyways too steep. Or else kabam should standardize every tile everywhere to just 1 energy per tile.

With the current consumption of energy and amount needed to play the game its pretty unaffordable.

If i were to spend soo much money on just energy refills , where do i get money for new characters/cats and mastery cores?

Id be getting much more value for money buying a ps4 console and a few titles ...one time investment and dont have to shell out money for literally everything
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I think it's not a terrible idea. But I also think that the subscription based model is not one that kabam really wants to get into.

Wish I knew more as to why companies don't use it.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    The idea is phrased as subscription to make it sound nice.

In essence, it's just another player asking for a reduced price tag for in-game resources.

They already have a subscription: 500 energy refills is 15,000 units, which is 5 odins. So pay $500 a month to get 500 energy refills.
  • Options
    It takes 6 hrs to fully charge all energy and only 10 mins to consume it...how can i play without spending almost a minimum of 300 units per day or 1 star lord bag?

And this is just to move around in the content of the game .all other new champs, cats ,pots , revives and mastery cores are still remaining.

We dont have a lot of money or this game is indeed for the whales
  • Options
    Rajuteda wrote: »
    It takes 6 hrs to fully charge all energy and only 10 mins to consume it...how can i play without spending almost a minimum of 300 units per day or 1 star lord bag?

And this is just to move around in the content of the game .all other new champs, cats ,pots , revives and mastery cores are still remaining.

7 hours, not 6 hours. Arena grinding gives you units, solo event gives u units. Farm those units.

If you are complaining about not being able to play often enough:
    1) rinse through your champs every 2 hours in arena for units and battlechips
    2) duel 5 times every 25 hours for battlechips
    3) play MODOK lab every 8 hours

That should give u plenty of game time.

Heck, last month we literally have too much content and not enough time to play.
  • Options

In essence, it's just another player asking for a reduced price tag for in-game resources.

They already have a subscription: 500 energy refills is 15,000 units, which is 5 odins. So pay $500 a month to get 500 energy refills.

500$ every month just to play ingame content? And how much more $ for mastery cores/pots/revies/new champz/cats?

Does that make the game even financially viable?

Consoles are much more value for money it seems then.

This is a mobile app and agreed there are no hardware costs like physical dvds or a console itself, just paying soo much for the application itself is ridiculous.

90% of the people dnt have that kind of money my friend and there is a life outside this game where things need to be looked after and money needs to be spent

Kabam can easily make this game a lot more affordable considering the huge player base that they have.

Simple economics
  • Options

7 hours, not 6 hours. Arena grinding gives you units, solo event gives u units. Farm those units.

Heck, last month we literally have too much content and not enough time to play.

Not everyone has the time and luxury to play the whole day.many of us are working professionals where we get a couple of hours after work to play so what youre suggesting dosent work for everyone.

The model i suggested lets the user maximize their experience with the time they have available.

And why should anyone be pressed to farm for certain things when other things can be done in the game and it all comes down to units?

Btw are you from kabam? Or you actually have a lot of time to play the game :smile:
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    $200/month for a mobile game? Wow! Are people too rich these days to throw away money like this?
  • Options

Not everyone has the time and luxury to play the whole day.many of us are working professionals where we get a couple of hours after work to play so what youre suggesting dosent work for everyone.

The model i suggested lets the user maximize their experience with the time they have available.

And why should anyone be pressed to farm for certain things when other things can be done in the game and it all comes down to units?

Btw are you from kabam? Or you actually have a lot of time to play the game :smile:

So you don't want to play the game too much, or can't. Then the arrangement of wait 7 hours to play 30 minutes is perfect for you.

You seem to want to play the game more based on your OP, but when suggested to play more arena or duels, you say you can't play the game more.

Which is it?
  • Options
    I cant play too much and even for the 2 odd hours i get everyday to play do i grind arena for units or do i do daily events or monthly events or story mode with just that limited energy?

Even if i wanted to i cannot play the game due to this ridiculous energy system / cost.

Anyways this was a suggestion for kabam and even if they do launch a subscription service for working professionals like me , it wont be mandatory for everyone to subscribe and people who have the time to play the game for the whole day and grind for units can still continue doing so.

Peace..
  • Options
    500 energy refills is crazy. For 50 bucks it’s just insane. That you can’t see this request is seriously messed up is messed up. And also, I don’t think anyone would spend 100 bucks on unlimited energy if they could get 500 refills for half that price.

Please think about it. And actually think about it, because Kabam is a game. This game needs to make money. To make money it needs to keep people interested in spending money. Which means the game needs to be interesting and always make players want to do a little bit more. Or want something to happen a little bit faster. It can’t go to fast because then no one would buy stuff, it can’t go to slow because then people lose interest. There should be enough to do so people with lots of time can play all day, but there also needs to be a way for people with small amounts of time to progress.
  • Options
    As said those prices are hypothetical and 30 units for a energy refill is indeed steep considering how quickly it gets used up and how much of those are needed.

Infact everything in the game should be a standard 1 energy per tile..then maybe 30 units looks fair
  • Options
    So just to be clear, this thread is not about a subscription at all but just about lowering energy cost/refill cost?
  • Options
    Both
  • Options
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    So just to be clear, this thread is not about a subscription at all but just about lowering energy cost/refill cost?

See my post as extracted below:

Nothing to see here, just another beggar.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Wow..thats a nice way of showing respect and courtesy to fellow members! Is that how you treat everyone or how everyone else treats you?

I am a customer of kabam and whats wrong in putting forward a suggestion or feedback? If somebody dosent like it please refrain from commenting as it was addressed to kabam and not anyone else!

If you have shitloads of money go ahead and spend , im not even making an attempt to stop you from spending , neither am I asking you for any money

As a customer i do have the right to voice my opinion right?

Its not always about money bro , sometimes its about fair and unfair.

Peace
  • Options
    Furthermore if i dont see improvement or changes with what i suggested , i might eventually stop playing this game and head back to console games where money isint asked for every basic thing.

There is a life outside mcoc too, whats there to worry about so much?
  • Options

Wow..thats a nice way of showing respect and courtesy to fellow members! Is that how you treat everyone or how everyone else treats you?

I am a customer of kabam and whats wrong in putting forward a suggestion or feedback? If somebody dosent like it please refrain from commenting as it was addressed to kabam and not anyone else!

If you have shitloads of money go ahead and spend , im not even making an attempt to stop you from spending , neither am I asking you for any money

As a customer i do have the right to voice my opinion right?

Its not always about money bro , sometimes its about fair and unfair.

Peace

You're not allowed to adress Kabam directly. Go read the forum rules.

Also, you're just asking for a lower price of of energy. You're asking for it to be 500 refills = 50 bucks instead of the current 500 refills = 15k units. Basically what you want is 50 bucks = 15k units (spendable on energy refills only). 50 bucks gives 1450 units right now.

Yes, you can voice your opinion and ask for cheaper stuff, but to talk about fair and unfair when you want a 90% price reduction is ridiculous.

Seriously, make the subscription idea more in line with the current cost of stuff. Maybe something like pay 50 bucks to have a slightly faster refill time for a while (a week or month, depending on how much faster the energy refreshes) and then we have an actual new idea. Something where a subscription makes sense.

Or name the thread differently and talk about how energy costs to much and possible ways to make it better (less energy needed per tile, good for all players, cheaper refills, good for all, cheaper refills when bought with money, good for the spenders).

It might have been voiced rude, but it's right. All you did was complain about the cost of stuff and pack it up in a nice sounding but ridiculous out of touch request that makes no sense and would be really, really bad for the game.
  • Options
    What part of hypothetical do you not understand mate? And obviously whatever i may say, kabam if they choose to implement will price things that are viable to them

Nobody is holding the company to ransom, lol...

Hypothetical my friend ..please read carefully
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions and constructive feedback!

Please remember that it's totally ok to discuss and even debate these things, but don't make it personal.

If you disagree with the OP, please share your reasons why constructively and with perhaps a counter-suggestion, while leaving the name calling out. Thanks!
  • Options
    WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    The figures seems to be off for me but I love the idea!!!
    Its a great way to get more for your buck and an almost guaranteed monthly income for Kabam!!
    No point discussing figures (that's on Kabam if they decide to go with this) but again, great idea! My opinion!

• Options
    TrojanX05 wrote: »
    This is a ridiculous idea. If they implement this, I won't subscribe..

How would you not be gaining mate? Its a win win situation for both !!!
  • Options

No, it’s not.

First of all, quests would only recuire more energy to push the selling of energy subscriptions. Especially with the amounts you suggest.

Second of all, free to play players suffer immensely. Their progress will fall behind like crazy because they would have to spend even more of their hard earned units on energy refills.

Thirdly, you’re thinking it’s fun, but unlimited energy would mean there is no longer a drive to log in before your energy is full. You don’t have to, because you can just spend more energy once a day to get everything done, so why log in during the day to walk a bit of energy away quickly? Kabam needs our drive to log in multiple times a day. It’s build on that. Removing that drive would be bad for their business. Most players would quickly lose the fun if we could run quest endlessly, farming everything we need, most of it on autobattle.
  • Options

No, it’s not.

First of all, quests would only recuire more energy to push the selling of energy subscriptions. Especially with the amounts you suggest.

Second of all, free to play players suffer immensely. Their progress will fall behind like crazy because they would have to spend even more of their hard earned units on energy refills.

Thirdly, you’re thinking it’s fun, but unlimited energy would mean there is no longer a drive to log in before your energy is full. You don’t have to, because you can just spend more energy once a day to get everything done, so why log in during the day to walk a bit of energy away quickly? Kabam needs our drive to log in multiple times a day. It’s build on that. Removing that drive would be bad for their business. Most players would quickly lose the fun if we could run quest endlessly, farming everything we need, most of it on autobattle.

Then i guess the game isint really meant for working professionals !!!

Imagine logging into your game several times a day from office and the pink slips's coming sooner then the salary !!!

I guess this game's target audience are young kids and teenagers who have nothing to do all day and can give this game all their time and energy

Im used to the console format where you could play whenever you wanted and for how long you wanted.
  • Options

No, it’s not.

Imagine logging into your game several times a day from office and the pink slips's coming sooner then the salary !!!

I guess this game's target audience are young kids and teenagers who have nothing to do all day and can give this game all their time and energy

Im used to the console format where you could play whenever you wanted and for how long you wanted.

You can right now. You can play however long you want. Or short. Once a day, or 10 times a day. You can focus in quests or on arena or both. Or only do alliance events. Or play allianceless and focus on the solo events. Or just log in a few times a week while playing in a casual alliance. There’s a lot of options.

If you want to only run quests, it sounds like this is where your interest lies, you can buy the questing bundles that they offer once a month. Those help a lot. If you’re in an active alliance and you sit down in the evenings to play your quests, you have 90 energies to spend (70 from yourself, 20 from the help request you can press before your energy is empty). Even in a 3 energy quests this is 30 steps. Without a single refills.

If you want to do nothing but quests, you will run into a problem, obviously. Because you’ll spend more units on refills then you’ll get back from those quests. But work in a little bit of arena, just to hit a few milestones, and you can buy a couple of refills no issue.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★

No, it’s not.

I really do like your idea for a monthly energy package, do not see Kabam implementing it with the extreme discount you mentioned, but it would be cool to have some sort of monthly energy package.

As far as comparing this game to most console games, those are two very different things. The "free to play" model is not for people looking for a console experience, it has different needs. (Kabam does not get 60 dollars from each player like a console game would...and running a worldwide online game with a million players is expensive...plus you know Marvel gets a significant cut for licensing) The game depends on spenders to cover the cost of running the game for non-spenders. (Absolutely not insulting non-spenders here, Brian Grant is awesome) Considering this 3 year old game is still at the top of many "top grossing app" charts, Kabam has created a system that is profitably working for them and is unlikely to make significant changes.

Trying to play this game as a "console experience" requires either money or patience. If you are a newer player to this game, at least take some solace that progression for you is faster than it was for us "old-timers". I hope you stick with it, even though it can be VERY frustrating at times...it is also still quite a bit of fun. :)