**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Announcing Event Quest: The Age of Sentry [Updated: Jan 2nd - 21:18 pm PDT]

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    What I am seeing is Crybaby's that refuse to run map 3 for the resources because they are too focused on trying to max out champs that they will use for one purpose then turn around and cry for rank down tickets. If your only focus is the 5* champs then just stop playing and do everyone a favor. When map 6 was introduced the mods even said it is not intended to be ran all 5 days of the week. You want revives and potions play map 2. You want alphas play map 3, you want glory and chances at t4 basics and t4cc then play map 5. You want something to complain about play map 6 and cry you dont have other resources.

With the revised T1A glory costs, I don't think it makes sense to drop down to run Map 3. The glory costs to buy five T1A per AQ week is 2320. That's more glory than you're likely to earn running Map 3x5 and (likely) staying in advanced tier. My estimate for the maximum glory for a Map 3x5 alliance was about 1350. That will buy you on average about 3.4 T1A per AQ week if you spend all of your glory on T1A. Across all your Map 3 crystals you will probably be averaging 3.6 T1A per week. That's seven T1A assuming you spend all of your glory on T1A and nothing else. An alliance that stays in expert tier can probably spend all of their glory on T1A and get five a week on top of all other AQ rewards. That seems to be a very bad trade for two more T1A per AQ week.

There was a thread with a lot of mathy discussion on the subject here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/227467. The last post in the thread has my updated glory calculations.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Play map 5 and keep getting t4cc and more glory
    Or
    Play map 3 get lots of t1A and less glory.....

Seing as though you say you have an overflow of t4cc obviously you dont need more ASAP. Obviously the extra glory from map5 isnt getting you enough alphas....

Simple

Map 3 crystals will give you t1A coming out the wazoo.... play 1 or 2 map3 per week until you buildnup some alphas. Play map3 entirely for a couple of weeks.

Whatever the solution is here for you
    The means to get t1a exists
    Play the aq map that suits yur demands at the current time
    Or not
    Wahtever works for you but stop complaing for no reason....
    You need something and there is a waynyou
    Can get that... it is not kabams problem you dun wanna do that...
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Will there be an unavoidable damage+heal block combo again like the ice Phoenix?
  • MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
    Hate to rain on the optimists' parade but, C'mon.. these rewards are the epitome of monotony! True, accumulation does equal progression (in some form), but to be honest, the rate at which we acquire these resources, the balances and infrequencies of similar ranking materials, and the time put into this game (both life and money wise), is by no means a fair an unbiased approach to the way we are viewed as a customer base. This is the perfect example of a company that has gotten super large and doesn't care about its foundation as much anymore. They only want to keep us playing. I totally get they have to be profitable to be able to reinvest in the game in order to keep it running, but excess is excess. I don't even need to speak on that part; we all know what it is. Waiting years to acquire in game content is nonsense when you put in tons of hours and money. It's just crazy. And to hear some of you keep settling for mediocrity vs true innovation is exactly why we'll never realize this game to its fullest potential. It'll forever be cat vs mouse. Notice in any PSA, they never highlight the importance of us, who play the game dedicatedly? Ever wonder why? I don't mind supporting or investing in a platform that gives some sort of reciprocity or ROI, but don't keep telling me I don't have to spend, just play for free -when its blatantly obvious, with all the whiffs, glitches, inconsistencies, double standards, and drop rates, that the intent of the game is actually NOT free-to-play! Tell me this; so if these rewards are so great and allows everyone to fully enjoy the game with no need to spend, what if everyone stops spending and just collects the rewards that are "so awesome"; you know - adopting that true "free-to-play" concept? Exactly. We wouldn't even be in these forums right now because they probably wouldn't exist. Think about that. The extent of them saying "maintaining the rarity of champs and resources" or "conserving the integrity of the game" is just another way to say "greedy."
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    MSpawn wrote: »
    Hate to rain on the optimists' parade but, C'mon.. these rewards are the epitome of monotony! True, accumulation does equal progression (in some form), but to be honest, the rate at which we acquire these resources, the balances and infrequencies of similar ranking materials, and the time put into this game (both life and money wise), is by no means a fair an unbiased approach to the way we are viewed as a customer base. This is the perfect example of a company that has gotten super large and doesn't care about its foundation as much anymore. They only want to keep us playing. I totally get they have to be profitable to be able to reinvest in the game in order to keep it running, but excess is excess. I don't even need to speak on that part; we all know what it is. Waiting years to acquire in game content is nonsense when you put in tons of hours and money. It's just crazy. And to hear some of you keep settling for mediocrity vs true innovation is exactly why we'll never realize this game to its fullest potential. It'll forever be cat vs mouse. Notice in any PSA, they never highlight the importance of us, who play the game dedicatedly? Ever wonder why? I don't mind supporting or investing in a platform that gives some sort of reciprocity or ROI, but don't keep telling me I don't have to spend, just play for free -when its blatantly obvious, with all the whiffs, glitches, inconsistencies, double standards, and drop rates, that the intent of the game is actually NOT free-to-play! Tell me this; so if these rewards are so great and allows everyone to fully enjoy the game with no need to spend, what if everyone stops spending and just collects the rewards that are "so awesome"; you know - adopting that true "free-to-play" concept? Exactly. We wouldn't even be in these forums right now because they probably wouldn't exist. Think about that. The extent of them saying "maintaining the rarity of champs and resources" or "conserving the integrity of the game" is just another way to say "greedy."

Retire then
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Still no t1a as Uncollected rewards? WTF Kabam?
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,134 ★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    Hyperion AGAIN as the 3* normal champion?

Nope. Thanks for catching that, it is a 3-Star Moon Knight.

No units and no t1as in uncollected quest. This needs to change ASAP.
    No reason we shouldn’t get t1as and units are offered in every aspect of the game content why none in the uncollected quest makes no sense.

I agree with this 100%. Tier 1 Alphas need to be more accessible over different aspects of the game.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

If you want a nice game where you can have everything of any value in a couple months at most go play destiny 2, then you’ll realise that there needs to be a carrot on a stick to keep you coming back, to strive towards.

Retire then

Lmao... read it AND think about it, don't just read

If you want a nice game where you can have everything of any value in a couple months at most go play destiny 2, then you’ll realise that there needs to be a carrot on a stick to keep you coming back, to strive towards.

I understand when one comments just to comment. It's apparent you missed some key points there :)

Anything and everything that one needs to do anything
    In the game can be aquired for free.
    It just takes time that is all. There is not a single thing that you need to pay to get. Not a single thing that you cannot do for free

The difference is the greed, impatience and/or entitlement of some individuals that means that have to have the latest and greatest and they have to have the best of he best now... yesterday even....

Yes spending money means you
    Progress faster but that is all...
    Faster... you are not capped at any point by beong free unlike alot of games where there is members only or pay only content.

If you have patience and can wait then you will get everything for free.
    I wish people would stop complaining about kabams greed. They are a buisness and they gove you am option to spend your money. If you dont want to do that then dont. If you do then great.
    But do not try and pass off the fact that you cannot do everything for free.

No reason we shouldn’t get t1as and units are offered in every aspect of the game content why none in the uncollected quest makes no sense.

so say they gave us half the 5 star shards and instead gave 10 t1 alphas, im pretty sure that the majority of people would complain about the number of 5 star shards. t1 alphas is low tier reward dont expect it in a high tier rewards section.

You maybe should double check the requirements to r4 and r5 a 5* champs.
    Maat1985 wrote: »

It just takes time that is all. There is not a single thing that you need to pay to get. Not a single thing that you cannot do for free

The difference is the greed, impatience and/or entitlement of some individuals that means that have to have the latest and greatest and they have to have the best of he best now... yesterday even....

Faster... you are not capped at any point by beong free unlike alot of games where there is members only or pay only content.

I wish people would stop complaining about kabams greed. They are a buisness and they gove you am option to spend your money. If you dont want to do that then dont. If you do then great.

Wrong again

The Uncollected Difficulty rewards are all about collecting Higher Rarity Champions and Rank Up Materials! This is why they're focused on 4-Star, 5-star and 6-Star Hero Crystal Shards, as well as Tier 4 and 5 Catalyst Fragments! Units and Tier 1 Alphas are available in other difficulties.

Ugh, so out of touch. If this was true t1a wouldn't be a requirement to r4 or r5 a 5* champ...in addition to t2a.
    edited January 2018

Wrong again

Care to explain how????
    Rather tham just a one line uninformative useless troll post....
    Explanation for your reasoning would potentially make your statement meaningful...

Brian Grant.... top youtuber for the game.... awesome roster of champs.... totally 100% f2p..... just plays alot....

it is possible

Seatin has done the same with his second account....

There are perfect examples of f2p accounts who have amazing progression and champs

• AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Does it really make sense for Legends to be given out for Heroic and Master anymore?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian

Wrong again

Care to explain how????
    Rather tham just a one line uninformative useless troll post....
    Explanation for your reasoning would potentially make your statement meaningful...

Brian Grant.... top youtuber for the game.... awesome roster of champs.... totally 100% f2p..... just plays alot....

it is possible

Seatin has done the same with his second account....

There are perfect examples of f2p accounts who have amazing progression and champs

To be fair it's also their job to play mcoc. Pretty sure if you took the amount of time you spent at work and instead played mcoc for that time you'd have a better roster than you do now.

That's missing the point. The point is that if it is possible to do, the only question is patience. If Brian Grant can do it in three thousand hours of play (let's say), then so can you. Even if you can only play one hour a day and that three thousand hours of play takes you eight years to accumulate, the only difference is how fast do you need to progress.

That's very important because everyone talks about Kabam's greed as if their free to play model "forces" people to spend money, but it does no such thing. It leaves it up to you to decide how much you want to spend, based on how much patience you have and how fast you want to progress in the game. There is no specific roadblock that will stop you from progressing unless you spend money, and that's not true in every F2P game. Some very specifically lock progress behind paywalls where not spending all but makes it impossible to progress and those paywalls can be very high.

In fact, Seatin's F2P account is an even better demonstration of this. Brian's account is F2P but also an extremely high level account built up over a long time. Someone starting now and unable to play for the amount of time he can is unlikely to achieve what he has in any reasonable amount of time. But a new account can achieve the level of progress Seatin's F2P account has to date, even if slower. That account does not have huge amounts of time invested and shows what can be done under the current progression system which is much better for newer players than the game was two and three years ago.

Kabam does not charge for progress. They charge you for impatience. And that charge is far more optional than it is in most F2P games. Brian Grant is absolute irrefutable proof that you can become one of the top players of the game spending zero dollars. Seatin's whalemilker account is absolute irrefutable proof that you could start *today* and with only moderate levels of time and reasonably intelligent play you could become a high level high progress player that is locked out of nothing.

• Hey guys,

This discussion is going way off topic. Please remember to keep this thread about the Age of Sentry event quest. There are other threads on these topics elsewhere. Gonna be cleaning up this thread now.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Where can we get more details about the new champions ?
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Where can we get more details about the new champions ?
    When they spotlight drops

• FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    I still want to hear the argument from Kabam for this. Miike says the rewards in Uncollected difficulty are focused on high-end rank up materials. 5* champs are the highest-end that exist until they release 6*s. You need more Tier 1 Alphas to rank up 5* champions at each rank than any other class and rank in the game. And yet, Tier 1 Alphas are NOT considered "high-end" rank up materials? How is that even possible?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    I like the quasi-throwback storyline. Looking forward to seeing Void. Thanks guys.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    So, what kind of unavaoidable damage and auto trigger defensive abilities does this month's event bring?

Can't wait for fun and interactive mechanics like Ice Phoenix Coldsnap and Modok Autoblock again!

Also, what is Kabam's target for game crashes and emergency maintenance for this event? I'd say 4 crashes within the first week and 2 emergency maintenance for weeks 2, 3, and 4 would be a good start.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    edited January 2018

Tier 1 Alpha Catalysts are available in lots of other places, and we know you all want more of them, but this is not going to be the place to get them. Keep an eye out as we move to make these more available in the future.

In the form of once or twice a month calender rewards? Or available for purchase from the unit store?
    FPC3 wrote: »
    I still want to hear the argument from Kabam for this. Miike says the rewards in Uncollected difficulty are focused on high-end rank up materials. 5* champs are the highest-end that exist until they release 6*s. You need more Tier 1 Alphas to rank up 5* champions at each rank than any other class and rank in the game. And yet, Tier 1 Alphas are NOT considered "high-end" rank up materials? How is that even possible?

You're right! You do need them, but this mode is where you get a lot of things you can't really get anywhere else on a regular basis. Yes, you can still get 4-Star and 5-Star shards in other modes with some regularity, but Tier 2 Alpha Fragments (in this amount), Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments, and 6-Star Hero Crystal Fragments are most readily available here.

Tier 1 Alpha Catalysts are available in lots of other places, and we know you all want more of them, but this is not going to be the place to get them. Keep an eye out as we move to make these more available in the future.

Why have you chosen to make t1a the bottleneck for high tier players? At this point, with a new thread about it every few hours it seems, I can only believe that it's a conscious choice by the dev team.

The only logical reason I can think of, from Kabam's side of things, is the fear of people farming t2a shards from selling t1a. I know that sounds pretty silly but I can't think of any other reason they's choose to make such a basic resource so scarce in comparison to rarer materials.