**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Public Service Announcement - Never go for a new feature champ

2»

Comments

• TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I just think there is too much criticism in general, especially with any Champ that isn't overly-OP straight out the gate. The Champ gets released, people jump into a Fight or two, then come back and say they suck. There isn't ample time to get to know them put behind these critiques. I also think that the game has some Champs that are brute force, and others that have complex and buildable strengths. Some will end a Fight quickly, and others are more useful for longer Fights. I think the climate is colder because it was a while since we had a Science Champ before M.O.D.O.K., so Players are looking for "The One".

@GroundedWisdom while i agree wholeheartedly with this statement, it doesn't take away from the fact that Sentry is a very weak character. I've tested him out, and others have too, and he just has little in the way of redeeming qualities. he was heralded as a great damage dealer for long fights, but even at 5 reality warps and bonus active, he isn't doing terribly much, plus at 30% you don't proc more often than you do. And you have to line up your attacks with the corresponding state. It's a lot of work for little payoff. Add to that, he lacks immunities or other utility such as power control or ability reduction. His regen is extremely weak and comes at the cost of a warp, which you had to deal 40 hits to achieve. His fury and armor breaks are also weak.

Am I wrong here? Please correct me if I am. Let's forget about comparing with very OP characters that are highly regarded in the game.. but let's compare with any decent character and even then he doesn't match up. Even Taskmaster is better. We don't mind putting in the work, dealing 200 hits to get the max warps and having the fight drag on to wait for the state to proc, but at that point, there should be payoff... but there isn't.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    I honestly don’t understand how champs are being released so under par.

What happened to the beta testing program that was supposed be introduced?

They’re gun-shy of releasing another champ that’s too good on attack. They’d rather err on the side of caution and make him bad with good prestige.

I wouldn't say they're gun-shy. Just that not every Champ will be that way.

Why can’t they all be decent?

Why can’t they look at a champion and say
    “Ok let’s make this champion super high damage, but to balance it let’s make him really fragile or make people jump through a few hoops to make him get to that point” for example.

There’s so many factors that make a champion good.

Damage: normal hits/bleeds/shock/incinerate and also passive auras

Survivability: high health
    /immunities/evade/armour/regen

Utility: counters to any defensive/offensive abilities/power control/stuns

And then counters to any of those things.

Surely they could take some points from a few categories and then have weaknesses to other things. Then balance the other things around it. And then tweak it to hit the sweet spot.

There’s absolutely zero reason to have a terrible champ. Each one should have strengths and weaknesses.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    ArmandStar wrote: »

“Ok let’s make this champion super high damage, but to balance it let’s make him really fragile or make people jump through a few hoops to make him get to that point” for example.

correct me if i'm wrong but, that description sounds like what i've been told about Iron Fist: he's a champion that deals high damage, and to balance it, he's fragile, and he is considered not-that-good precisely because he's fragile.

Actually that describes sparky to a T
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited January 2018

correct me if i'm wrong but, that description sounds like what i've been told about Iron Fist: he's a champion that deals high damage, and to balance it, he's fragile, and he is considered not-that-good precisely because he's fragile.

He used to be high damage. It’s woeful now..

There’s also more factors to take into consideration. My example was just a basic overview.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    And u Can never ikow How he is If peppel dont. Try to get him.

Bro, where are you from? Your Grammer and spelling crazy
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

you're wrong. nobody considers him "not-so-good" because he is fragile. People consider him "not-so-good" because there are champions who do what he excels at (damage) much better than him (e.g. Starky) who coincidentally, is fragile as well but has a much better damage output and utility (power drain, taunt, special attack evasion)