**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sentry- One of Earth's Strongest heroes. One of MCOC's weakest?

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Anybody else notice the trolls have weak accounts?
  • adamjakubiadamjakubi Posts: 42
    edited January 2018
    Not trolling. Just sick of people’s whinging!!! Oh, Kabam - Ice Phoenix is too hard make her weaker! Oh, Kabam why don’t I get a full catalyst everytime I complete x quest? Oh, Kabam you’re game went down for an hour I want 100,000 5*shards! Stop complaining and play the damn game ffs!!!

Kabam - if you read this - thanks for introducing new champs on a regular basis. I can’t imagine how hard it is to get everything right in a 2d fighter with as many complexities as MCOC... let alone how you deal with entitled kids who just always want more. Keep it up. I’ll be stoked when I finally land Sentry as I am whenever I open a crystal with a character I don’t have already... looking forward to seeing who you introduce next month 👊
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Kabam reps themselves have said their goal was for every character to have his/her utility and be a good champ, that they wanted everyone to be happy (if not overjoyed, at least content) no matter who they pulled. I don't think it helps anyone and it definitely doesn't help Kabam achieve their goals if we don't share our feedback, be it disappointment or glee at a new character.

Also maybe people would stop "whinging" once a mod responds to feedback.. Whatever that response is.. Agree or not with our sentiment, will they take it to the team and if they do, what they would recommend.. Acknowledgement goes a long way, even if they just said "we hear you, but we think he is fine as is, thanks for your feedback", rather than not have any useful input. If we knew it was a closed case, we wouldn't have any reason to keep talking about it. I'd just put it to bed.
  • Anonymous2354Anonymous2354 Posts: 44
    @Tempest even if the number of hits is not the problem changing states 40 times and only proccing a benefit 2-3 times is crazy. No point having 5 reality warps if you aren't able to take advantage of them.
    Most of the "whinging" has come from people that play at a higher level and have lots of knowledge about the game, Not saying you don't btw, for the most part has lead to a better game game for everyone involved. I agree that sometimes it gets carried away and often there are complaints from people that have no clue. Sentry is just plain horrible. If we just accepted everything kabam gave us we would still be living in a 12.0 game which would be worse for everyone. This Is another legitimate complaint and as a customer we have every reason to voice a loud concern. In the long run it's better for the game and everyone involved.
  • Share it - please - I agree - let kabam know... but then move along... and they have responded - they have moved convos on this very subject OUT of the ‘bugs’ part of this forum... that means he isn’t bugged... so you’ve had your say - there doesn’t need to be 500,000 topics about this same thing. This is sentry - like it or not... next subject, PLEASE. All this does is clog the forums with rubbish and makes it harder for people to find actual useful information in this place!!
  • The fact the you guys ‘flag’ anything you don’t like just proves my point... entitled little children who complain about everything that doesn’t suit them... shame the community who plays this game isn’t as great as the game itself...
    Honestly I don't understand the constant flagging.
    1. Moving it out of bugs means they've read it, but they haven't actually given an actual response. It just means the thread is in the wrong section. I'm curious as to what they are thinking, if anything.
    2. We haven't "had our say " until there is an actual response
    3. People clog the forums because there isn't a response
    4. See where I am going?

I don't really care personally, I didn't pour tons of resources into him. It's the principle. The community should discuss, and keep discussing. We shouldn't move on as long as it's a topic of interest. Some people spend tons of money in this game, it means enough for them to be vocal.

People kept asking for rank down tickets. Personally I don't like them and think they are bad. But people kept asking and asking and got them.. I guess it worked. Lol
  • Cortez101Cortez101 Posts: 3
    So to be any good he basically need his other half Void to be worthwhile? Why make a champ so complex without having everything we need to make him plus why would an end game player want him? Most have completed the long fights content.
  • Anonymous2354Anonymous2354 Posts: 44
    @Kabam Miike with the amount of feedback you guys have gotten I think it would be safe to go to the devs. It should not take a r4 champion over 400-600 hits to down ROL ws. This not the "long fight" material stated in the spot light thread. There have been pictures of a 400 hit ROL ws fight where Sentry only procced a states benefit twice. There's no need to a massive buff but please consider taking into consideration changing him slightly. Such as increasing the chances to proc a states benefit from 30% to 50%. Nothing that will break the game and make him ridiculously powerful just a buff that will match his intention to be good at long fights. I implore you and the other mods to look at the community feed back and take some sort of action accordingly. If you do read this thank you for taking the time and please as I have repeated one billion times in this post take it into consideration! Meant to tag you earlier but I stuffed it up
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    After testing him, something definitely is off with him

Don't know if it was intended or not but he has abdno utility at all

Yes given he has at least a bit more damage than carnage but as he was hyped up during the storyline in quest, I expected him to be at least decent if not great. Now I'm not saying I'm going to complain and ask for a refund because it's pointless because at least you can build the combo and spam L1 for the fury
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    There’s an image of a two star SL out performing a five star sentry being used properly. Cmon
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Guys but according to @Kabam Miike he has a niche. I am still searching for any possible area that he is even serviceable. Other than void even his synergies are garbage. Atleast Modok has utility and numerous great synergies. I think I shall rename him “Hobo Man” cause he is so useless he will never find a roster spot.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Grub wrote: »
    Guys but according to @Kabam Miike he has a niche. I am still searching for any possible area that he is even serviceable. Other than void even his synergies are garbage. Atleast Modok has utility and numerous great synergies. I think I shall rename him “Hobo Man” cause he is so useless he will never find a roster spot.

MODOK is on a different level to Sentry
    Well we have a response, they aren't going to change him. That's it, no use beating a dead horse. His one use may be that he'll be needed to make void super op. Lol. If you're unhappy just stop spending, talk with your wallet... Best feedback 😆
  • AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    players may take it as a complain but as a kabam employer they should take this as a customer feedback, customer feedback is valuable on the market, example u get free chips and drinks on ur next purchase in kfc if u log in ur feedback towards ur experience online. while others organization spending to get them, kabam is getting them FREE now...so i would not take this as a complain dou...
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★

Sentry can go up against people like galactus...and yet someone like black widow not only hits way harder than him but she also has much more utility. Also her evade has a better chance to trigger than his modes (once every 30 hits vs once every 40 hits). Sentry needs to be revamped. 30%chance to do something that sometimes boosts his damage by a bit is horrible. He needs to be fixed
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    players may take it as a complain but as a kabam employer they should take this as a customer feedback, customer feedback is valuable on the market, example u get free chips and drinks on ur next purchase in kfc if u log in ur feedback towards ur experience online. while others organization spending to get them, kabam is getting them FREE now...so i would not take this as a complain dou...

Well. I've noticed they removed most of the new topics in regards to Sentry feedback. Even with this one, I've seen them remove not so good feedback on Sentry. Is to bad when free speech is hindered by people removing topics.

• Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    I can’t believe it but for once I’m agreeing with GroundedWisdom. For those of you who love him as a character in the comics and that went for and got and invested resources into Sentry, I’m sorry that he’s so bad, I really am, but at least he has high prestige. I understand that in the comics he’s an insanely powerful character, and he was one of the most highly anticipated champions for this game and that he is a massive disappointment. But not every character has to be good, and I think that even just reading his abilities prior to going for him is enough to at least make you skeptical of how strong he is in the game. If every champ were God tier, no champ would be God tier. Sentry is deserving of that status, but unfortunately it’s not the direction Kabam decided to take with him.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Sentry is so bad. so, so, so bad. Like, lulz bad.

Every time I see a Sentry post I laugh and laugh. Whenever I fight him in this monthly quest I laugh and laugh.

I have an alliance mate that pulled him in the featured on his one and only try. He was so stoked. He never gets featured pulls. He quickly took him to rank 2/35. And he is so bad. He hates him so much. I laughed then and I laugh still now.

Way to go Kabam. Way to take a super powerful champion, hype him up, and then turn him into a turd.

lmao.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I have him in 5* R3. He's just average, really disappointed. He's one of my favorite Marvel characters and I'll use him for arena and easy quest, but unless they buff him and automatically give him the void synergie, he's just a novelty.r2tzf5ztr4ki.png
    So sentry's synergy with void goes:
    "After a Special 3 attack, Sentry inflicts Fear of the Void. Fear of the Void combines Agility, Fatigue, and Petrify Debuffs, as well as increasing Sentry's Attack Rating by 50% for 40 seconds.

So I have a few thoughts about this...
    1. You need to fire off a special 3 to get this, which means you need to build up to this... is it really useful if you need to go to special 3 before anything fun happens? Sounds like ragThor to me, and most people don't view him as a good champ
    2. Would greatly depend on potent these debuffs are. If they are weak, then Sentry would still suck as bad as he does now
    3. 40 seconds is a very short time considering how long Sentry's fights will drag out

• G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Lol someone flagged me, I guess jealous of my 2 5* Sentry pull hahahahahahahaha
  • DarkDrakeiusDarkDrakeius Posts: 80
    G0311 wrote: »

Dumbasses are gonna flag for no reason, I got 5 flags for just starting this forum post lol.
  • TAETAE Posts: 8
    Man. I feel so bad I used stones and T4C on him. I wish Kabam would respond to paying customers on this issue and buff him more. Why can't they respond?

They just don't care at all...
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    G0311 wrote: »

Dumbasses are gonna flag for no reason, I got 5 flags for just starting this forum post lol.

I wish they’d just close every post that whines about how the champ isn’t just as awesome as they are in the comic book. This is a mobile game with simple gestures created and maintained by a mobile gaming company, not Stan Lee. Adjust your expectations.

Help ! This thread has been invaded by mods !!!
  • Sadly Kabam does not care sentry is bad lol maybe in a year or 2 will they consider “buffing” sentry
  • #buffsentry