**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Ice Armor working properly? [Not A Bug]

UC439UC439 Posts: 261
edited January 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Ice armor is not protecting against multihit sp1 or sp2s. Like punisher or doctor strange's sp2. Special attacks should be considered as a "single source" right?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Sp1 and Sp2 doesnt count as a single hit, only the Sp3 (should) count, tho thats not the case with Gwenpool....
  • Options
    So against safeguard nodes all sp1 & sp2 does normal damage?
  • Options
    Against safeguard nodes the opponent doesn't take more than 1% damage from a "single source". As far as I know specials also do 1% damage against safeguard nodes unless over time damage effect is associated.

Ice armor also states the same but instead of 1% its 5%. So he shouldn't also take more than 5% damage from any special attacks. But he only does the same when struck by sp3 or songle component sp1 or sp2. Should that be the case? That's my question.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    UC439 wrote: »
    Against safeguard nodes the opponent doesn't take more than 1% damage from a "single source". As far as I know specials also do 1% damage against safeguard nodes unless over time damage effect is associated.

Ice armor also states the same but instead of 1% its 5%. So he shouldn't also take more than 5% damage from any special attacks. But he only does the same when struck by sp3 or songle component sp1 or sp2. Should that be the case? That's my question.

A single 'hit' is a source. A multiple-hit special or heavy attack is therefore a multiple source except for special 3. So fighting an opponent with Safeguard with Captain Marvel, her heavy attack (with the damage spread over 3 or 4 hits, I forget which) will do up to 3-4% damage, whereas her S1 can only inflict 1%.

Special three attacks are the exception in that when the damage is calculated, (regardless of the effect they have on your combo meter) they always count as a single strike and can't trigger critical hits. Therefore effects such as Safeguard, Magneto's refraction or Iceman's Ice Armour are very effective against them.

A few characters whose abilities are directly affected by the combo meter (Star Lord, Joe Fixit, Cyclops, and now Void/Sentry) might well have some beneficial effects triggered by the rising combo counter; but the actual damage inflicted is nevertheless calculated as a single hit with no criticals.

So if you're fighting someone with Safeguard, don't ever use your S3 attack; choose characters with multi-hit heavy and special attacks; and ideally also with damage over time effects. X-23 is ideal, as she fills all those criteria; and you can either choose to spam the S1 for maximum damage, or to save up power for better regeneration.

Hope that helps clarify things for you!
  • Options
    UC439 wrote: »

A single 'hit' is a source. A multiple-hit special or heavy attack is therefore a multiple source except for special 3. So fighting an opponent with Safeguard with Captain Marvel, her heavy attack (with the damage spread over 3 or 4 hits, I forget which) will do up to 3-4% damage, whereas her S1 can only inflict 1%.

Special three attacks are the exception in that when the damage is calculated, (regardless of the effect they have on your combo meter) they always count as a single strike and can't trigger critical hits. Therefore effects such as Safeguard, Magneto's refraction or Iceman's Ice Armour are very effective against them.

A few characters whose abilities are directly affected by the combo meter (Star Lord, Joe Fixit, Cyclops, and now Void/Sentry) might well have some beneficial effects triggered by the rising combo counter; but the actual damage inflicted is nevertheless calculated as a single hit with no criticals.

So if you're fighting someone with Safeguard, don't ever use your S3 attack; choose characters with multi-hit heavy and special attacks; and ideally also with damage over time effects. X-23 is ideal, as she fills all those criteria; and you can either choose to spam the S1 for maximum damage, or to save up power for better regeneration.

Hope that helps clarify things for you!

nice explanation. Got it thanks!
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey all. I'm glad everyone chipped in to explain this. Since it's not a bug, I'm going to go ahead and close out the thread. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.