**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Regarding "weak champions in need of an update", exactly how low are they on the priority list?

ArmandStarArmandStar Posts: 1,129 ★★★
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
for those of us who were on a topic called "if you can nerf champs fast why can't you buff them just as fast".
if you weren't, read it, is an interesting discussion.

now, let's get straight to the point: as you can see it is locked. and the reason i'm making this topic (apart from wanting to discuss how long does it take for buffs to come up) is because i am extremely disappointed/dissatisfied with the reason given for the lock.
the... ñet's say "flaw" of the topic was that it focused a specific champion, and the mod locked it because there were already plenty of discussions about said champion. now, i don't know if they just wanted an excuse to lock it, or if they only read the title and didn't bother to read the comments. the mod locked it with the excuse that we already had plenty of talk on that champion and said they'd keep deleting dupe topics.

the mod even linked to a topic to the champion's spotlight and said to continue the discussion there.

and that is perfectly fine... if the discussion was only about said champ, which it wasn't.
anyone who read the whole thing will realize that the main focus of the topic was the talk about how long it takes them to fix bugs / release updates.

i can keep going, but i really think is best if you read the thread yourselves. it might be a bit long but it's worth to read. the main discussion was locked down and left like that because the mods only saw the topic as being a discussion on a specific champ.

SO, i'll rescue a small fragment of the topic: X champion is weak and is in need of an update to be buffed. how long would it take for that buff to be implemented? let's say the champion needs a buff, we came to that conclusion today, today kabam agreed to buff it. in how many months can we expect the update to happen?

there were similar points in the locked topic, all ignored. however, you get an idea of what the original point was: just read the title of the thread.

when the topic was locked, the reason given was literally "there is already a stickied thread dedicated to this hero. The thread is located *here* (insert link to champion spotlight here) "

seriously, is like if they don't bother reading any comments and just go by what the thread is named...

or maybe...

Discuss

Comments

• Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    The champs in this game are greatly imbalanced. There are a handful of great champs and a vast majority of trash ones. The game team is well aware of this since they allegedly play the game. Thus, this is their intended design/plan. They want everyone going for Stark Spidey or Blade or the highest prestige champs. Right now the trio of Blade, GR & Stark Spidey are a tremendous advantage to those who have them. Blade himself is head and shoulders ahead of many champs. That is presumably the intended design. Same as requiring SL to be virtually the only means for most players to do LOL was the intended design.

People are salty right now because they had those useless R5 science awakening gems sitting in their inventory and jumped on Sentry before they knew he just another trash/useless champ. I feel for them. However, history has shown us you should hold out on going for a new champ until there has been adequate testing performed.
  • Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    1: Bug creation
    2: Lag generation
    3: Coming up with new unavoidable damage methods.
    4: Server crashes/Maintenance
    75: Bases.
    100000: character balance
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    The point I made in the other Thread was that they take time to gather data, most typically, before they buff new Champs. When I made reference to Exploits being a high priority, that's pretty much standard for many games. It's not so much that character revision is on a priority list so much as it is the fact that they don't make changes that lightly, unless there's a significant reason. Possible exploitation would be one. Otherwise they allow the Champ to perform and analyze how they do. This is not a matter of taking them into a Fight with ROL WS. It takes a long time to gather sufficient data in all different game modes.
  • Options
    Well, we had umpteen discussions open about Sentry, and for all intents and purposes, it was about him. Besides that, it started going south towards the end.
  • Options
    Well, the word that came back from NYCC was that they were looking to this year. Having not been there, I can't confirm this for sure, but Carnage is complex. Which is why he was too buffed at first, and overcooked after. When you have a Champ with complex Abilities or mechanics, any tweak can have larger effects. So it's possible they are working on tweaking him. Realizing that they went too far is one thing. Having a workable solution is another.
  • Options
    Apparently I say well alot. XD
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    @Hubris_hater

They dont have to make every champ awesome, but when they make a significant number of useless champs then, yeah, that is frustrating.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    The priority is lower than or at the same level as alliance bases.
  • Options
    nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Buff Carnage
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Would love to get an official update on champ updates and balancing, not sure how much data you really need to collect to see that LC, IP, Colossus still suck and certain other champs which don’t need to be mentioned are OP AF. And I don’t really buy the argument that they don’t want to make champs too good because a vast majority of abilities have been well vetted as could be sprinkled thru the have nots without causing much disturbance.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Would love to get an official update on champ updates and balancing, not sure how much data you really need to collect to see that LC, IP, Colossus still suck and certain other champs which don’t need to be mentioned are OP AF. And I don’t really buy the argument that they don’t want to make champs too good because a vast majority of abilities have been well vetted as could be sprinkled thru the have nots without causing much disturbance.

Sorry i'm quite new, what is OP and AF? I knoe LC is Luke Cage, and IP is Iron Patriot.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Over Powered, As F***. Lol (Laugh Out Loud)
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    @ArmandStar

Can you tell me one champ they nerfed "quickly" please? You cant say Carnage, as he is as he was released, not nerfed, so who else is there?

BUT, not every champ can be great, not every one God-tier, not every one fantastic. We have moaners moaning when a great champ is released that they are OP, need nerfing, leave the older champs behind etc. When a not-great one is released we have threads like this

Seriously, what can Kabam do that will keep everyone happy? The answers is nothing. Each champ is different, that's what makes the game. You dont like this one, then pick one of the many others there are

To answer your other point, why are bugs that are bad for Kabam fixed quicker. Firstly, we have no actual stats and proof of that at all, not just one problem, we need dates and times for all fixes to be accurate. We dont have that. I mean, Icemans S3 kep his armor on forever when used, bad for Kabam, not fixed for months. Dax, his combo meant he could beat evade, bad for Kabam and not as he was designed. Took over a year at least to fix that one. GP, being able to keep opponent trapped with no chance of escaping at all, bad for Kabam, took 10 months to fix

But a new champ that is weaker than you wanted them to be, thats not a bug at all. Its just something you dont like, and doesnt need a fix

We all see what we want to see, thats the problem

But from a practical approach, say you run a business. You have 2 problems happen at the same time, one costs you money, the other saves you money. Which would you fix first? Not saying its right or wrong, just saying its the most logical thing to do when its your business

The fact that Carnage was nerfed before he was released doesn't mean he wasn't nerfed. The devs even admitted that they nerfed him too hard. This actually highlights the point in the closed thread: Kabam is able to nerf champs very quickly when the need arises but the buffs can take a year or more.
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Sentry, Sentry, Sentry
  • Options
    Phoenix is by far the most powerful comic-wise (without amps) and the only multiverse being(only one) based on champions currently in game, but she's weak af