5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

1232426282948

Comments

  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 6,661 ★★★★★
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    Kabam, do you think we are blind? This is clearly an attempt to encourage us to purchase the 300 unit crystals. Shameful in all respects

    There is no evidence to support this because there's nothing that says the drop rate of the 5* Featured is higher in those Crystals.

    It's not about drop rate, it's about wanting a specific champ.
    Correct. The reason for rolling a Featured is. I'm talking about the drop rate because a GMC is more rare than a Featured, at least theoretically since I don't know the actual numbers. I'm sure people will try it, but I don't see it as a more enticing offer.

    My personal experience is 0-14 on Featured 5* crystals. Got Blade for 3k units from GM. What I have observed is that most people are either lucky or unlucky at both which gives the lie to the Kabam position on drop rates. But most people would rather take their chances on a better chance at a champ they want than an equal chance for 20+ champs that they know they don't want. This is a horrible crystal and I'd be stunned if it isn't an abject failure.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 828 ★★★
    This reminds me very much of 12.0.. they announce something.. pretty much the whole community says no.. they go live with it.. the whole community says no.. then they have to back track.. why not just listen to the community up front..
  • If I were to purchase a 5* blade crystal and saved it after the new 5* featured changes come, would my saved 5* blade crystal be the old way of pulling the champion or new system? I like saving crystals for big openings, hope it wouldn’t ruin my chances. @Kabam Miike
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,723 ★★★★★
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    Kabam, do you think we are blind? This is clearly an attempt to encourage us to purchase the 300 unit crystals. Shameful in all respects

    There is no evidence to support this because there's nothing that says the drop rate of the 5* Featured is higher in those Crystals.

    It's not about drop rate, it's about wanting a specific champ.
    Correct. The reason for rolling a Featured is. I'm talking about the drop rate because a GMC is more rare than a Featured, at least theoretically since I don't know the actual numbers. I'm sure people will try it, but I don't see it as a more enticing offer.

    My personal experience is 0-14 on Featured 5* crystals. Got Blade for 3k units from GM. What I have observed is that most people are either lucky or unlucky at both which gives the lie to the Kabam position on drop rates. But most people would rather take their chances on a better chance at a champ they want than an equal chance for 20+ champs that they know they don't want. This is a horrible crystal and I'd be stunned if it isn't an abject failure.

    With 6 Champs that are new in it, that's a 25% possibility of a Featured. You're correct that it's luck, but I don't see the GMC having better drop rates than that. I think it will just be like any other situation where people chance for themselves if they think it's worth it or not.
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    Kabam, do you think we are blind? This is clearly an attempt to encourage us to purchase the 300 unit crystals. Shameful in all respects

    There is no evidence to support this because there's nothing that says the drop rate of the 5* Featured is higher in those Crystals.

    Do you even hear what you are saying? It has nothing to do with drop rates.
    I hear what I'm saying. People are conjecturing that this has something to do with the GMC sales. It does not, and there is no evidence that would even be a lucrative move, or that it would be a viable option. People aren't going to buy them thinking they have a better chance because there is no evidence or results to support they do. It's common on the Forum. Enter - Change we don't like, Output - Must be for money.

    @GroundedWisdom Does Kabam have an Academy where they train their employees their employees to think the **** they are saying makes any sense?

    I contacted Kabam Support for verification of Miikes claim that the drop rates for champions from any crystal was exactly the same every time, unless stated otherwise in the crystal description.
    That statement contradicted the info Customer Svc had sent me about crystal drop rates.
    Miikes claim that outcomes are random **** definitely untrue regarding PHC 3* and 4* crystals.
    As for Feature GM Crystals, I was told every specialty Crystal uses in game factors to determine the drop rates of the available champs. I have no idea whatll these factors are, but I have seen different types of players consistently get very different results. If Kabam follows through with this plan for featured 5*s I will never buy 1 again.
    I agree with several posts in this thread which Speculate that Kabam wants to stop the flow of LoL capable champs into the game.
    Look at the pool of 24 champs chosen for the first feature crystal after Blade. None of them are champs suited for LoL. And a lot of them (even the bad ones need to be duped or awakened to have any use at all. Thor, Hela and Loki need their mutual synergies and their sig abilities to help in any difficult content.
    The thing that makes no sense at all, is how Kabam doesn’t recognize that nerfing the featured crystal is going to break the assurances given to players when you pre announced 6* champions.
    Also please tell the game team to put some effort into fixing the game.

  • Sorry about the long post but its my first comment and wanted to express to kabam my opinions, since I'm not very happy about this change. In the last year I have spent a few hundred dollars on this game mostly for upgrading my roster.

    I'm an alright player who has been playing for about 2 years. My first group of 5* I opened up were bp, sup im, bpcw. Then I got SL and was told he was a game changer if I dupe him but until then he was trash. My great excitement and ranking up the great SL to r3 was now overblown and realized maybe I ranked him up to quick.

    I then decided to save on a featured crystal that did not need to be duped. I was beyond ecstatic and happy about 5* featured when I opened the iceman and got hulk when I only had 30k shards. I ranked them up as quick as possible.

    Then I decided to save for another great hero to make it easier for me to complete end game content. I saved and spent on some 5* shard deals over the months and even more on the 5* gem deal which I got a skill gem, and finally after months of saving to go for blade.

    With 120k shards saved up now since the 2nd iceman opening I realize I should be able to dupe blade with the gem but after that my chances of getting a hero I really want have decreased from 20-25% to about 4%.

    It's really frustrating to see this announcement when you have put in a lot of time and money to get 5* shards for the hero you want for aq, aw, and end game content. I'm hoping in the future better communication from Mcoc and a hope that we will be listened too. Yes it's true games can change at any time but the 5* featured has been around forever and this seems like a drastic change to game players and especially for players at my level.

    From what I am reading this does not seem to be a popular choice, some people want to compromise on 6* crystals but I only currently have 6 5* and unfortunately won't get a 6* in awhile and to see the same thing happen with and those as my 5* initial roster would be really disheartening.

    I have decided I will not spend on the grandmaster 5* or any money deals until I feel there is a better camaraderie with the players. There have been changes upon changes that seem to be less of what the players want for the game. I understand it's a business but when a lot of fun has left the game because of the changes it gets harder to put in our time and money into the game.
  • Jx13Jx13 Posts: 26
    @Kabam Miike : Will The Featured GMC still last the same amount of time for each new featured hero ?

    i.e. 7 days when first out and the next week for one day?

    Will there be any changes to this scheduling ?
  • xRemyLeBeauxxRemyLeBeaux Posts: 17
    edited January 2018
    @Kabam Miike
    Why don't you just make this crystal once a month with an increased chance to get 2 features? Add to them s subfeatures and basics. The system that we have now is better in terms of the amount of shards this crystal will cost. Maybe if there was only 10 champions..

    I'm sorry to hear it, because I liked the features that we have now. Maybe we had only 3 weeks, but its better than 3 months for the same prize and chance for all. It won't be appealing to any player.

    I would absolutely boycott this crystal, but I don't have any power to start such thing.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    For once can't they make a decision that's good for the long term enjoyment of players? Why does everything have to be a cheap transparent ploy to get us to spend?

    The **** that you're giving us, we don't want it! Challenger rating, 6* champions, changes to war, changes the feature crystals. None of it is good for us!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,723 ★★★★★
    ViperKingV wrote: »
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    Kabam, do you think we are blind? This is clearly an attempt to encourage us to purchase the 300 unit crystals. Shameful in all respects

    There is no evidence to support this because there's nothing that says the drop rate of the 5* Featured is higher in those Crystals.

    Do you even hear what you are saying? It has nothing to do with drop rates.
    I hear what I'm saying. People are conjecturing that this has something to do with the GMC sales. It does not, and there is no evidence that would even be a lucrative move, or that it would be a viable option. People aren't going to buy them thinking they have a better chance because there is no evidence or results to support they do. It's common on the Forum. Enter - Change we don't like, Output - Must be for money.

    @GroundedWisdom Does Kabam have an Academy where they train their employees their employees to think the **** they are saying makes any sense?

    I contacted Kabam Support for verification of Miikes claim that the drop rates for champions from any crystal was exactly the same every time, unless stated otherwise in the crystal description.
    That statement contradicted the info Customer Svc had sent me about crystal drop rates.
    Miikes claim that outcomes are random **** definitely untrue regarding PHC 3* and 4* crystals.
    As for Feature GM Crystals, I was told every specialty Crystal uses in game factors to determine the drop rates of the available champs. I have no idea whatll these factors are, but I have seen different types of players consistently get very different results. If Kabam follows through with this plan for featured 5*s I will never buy 1 again.
    I agree with several posts in this thread which Speculate that Kabam wants to stop the flow of LoL capable champs into the game.
    Look at the pool of 24 champs chosen for the first feature crystal after Blade. None of them are champs suited for LoL. And a lot of them (even the bad ones need to be duped or awakened to have any use at all. Thor, Hela and Loki need their mutual synergies and their sig abilities to help in any difficult content.
    The thing that makes no sense at all, is how Kabam doesn’t recognize that nerfing the featured crystal is going to break the assurances given to players when you pre announced 6* champions.
    Also please tell the game team to put some effort into fixing the game.
    I'm aware of the response you're referring to, and you're either misinterpreting it, conjecturing it, or both. The response was that many factors go into it. This is not the first time you've brought it up. Besides being a generic response, it's also broad. There are no spending factors or Account specifics that go into your drops. What the TL:DR of it is, different Crystals have their own rates. Meaning depending on the type of Crystal, those rates can vary. Which is exactly what we already know. Case in point, the current Featured 5* has a higher drop rate than the 4* Featured. I'm sorry, but you're stretching the response. It's the same pool for everyone and in the case of the 5* Basic, 4* Crystal, 3*, 2*, and the new Featured, rates are equally the same, for everyone. You've got a straw man here.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,723 ★★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    Kabam, do you think we are blind? This is clearly an attempt to encourage us to purchase the 300 unit crystals. Shameful in all respects

    There is no evidence to support this because there's nothing that says the drop rate of the 5* Featured is higher in those Crystals.

    It's not about drop rate, it's about wanting a specific champ.
    Correct. The reason for rolling a Featured is. I'm talking about the drop rate because a GMC is more rare than a Featured, at least theoretically since I don't know the actual numbers. I'm sure people will try it, but I don't see it as a more enticing offer.

    My personal experience is 0-14 on Featured 5* crystals. Got Blade for 3k units from GM. What I have observed is that most people are either lucky or unlucky at both which gives the lie to the Kabam position on drop rates. But most people would rather take their chances on a better chance at a champ they want than an equal chance for 20+ champs that they know they don't want. This is a horrible crystal and I'd be stunned if it isn't an abject failure.

    With 6 Champs that are new in it, that's a 25% possibility of a Featured. You're correct that it's luck, but I don't see the GMC having better drop rates than that. I think it will just be like any other situation where people chance for themselves if they think it's worth it or not.

    That would assume all 6 are of equal value.. they aren't by any means

    That's a matter of preference. They're new, hence Featured. Those will change in 3 months when 6 newer Champs are added.
  • SkymastrSkymastr Posts: 46
    Rip most of players who doesnt spend like big blue whale. Everything they did on this future **** cause of GMC sells if u are not whale u cant access new champ thats it. All wellcome the new marvel contest of whales.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,570 ★★★★
    I mean, it's 15k shards... Grandmaster is supposed to be helping and still chucks in an Ant-Man!!

    Could you not just make it so all the 15k crystals JUST include featured champs!?

    It's not fair saving to pull an Ant-Man, I mean even if they are all featured inside... some new champs aren't great, so you could still pull someone rubbish, but at least it would of been a previously featured/new champion.
  • CristalmanCristalman Posts: 399 ★★★
    MCOC= Money Contest Of Champions
  • The pool of 18 are mostly underwhelming, but that wouldn’t matter so much if the 6 featured champs were worth the risk. However, it looks like a really bad month to implement this when the featured champs are mainly poor.

    If you look at the 6 featured champs added in previous months there are plenty there who would be worth the risk:

    1
    Hyperion
    Gwenpool
    Hood
    Dormammu

    2
    Archangel
    Psylocke
    Iceman
    Angela

    3
    Yondu
    Stark Spidey
    Green Goblin

    4
    Doc Oc
    Medusa
    Memphisto
    Morningstar
    Blade

    If any of those months had been added to the 6 pool it would be worth the risk as even if you missed out on the champ you wanted, there was still a chance of getting a good backup option. This month doesn’t seem anywhere near as good for featured champs.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    You aren't getting an increased chance at Ant-Man.

    I’ll give you a hand with the math...

    Basic Pool - 84 champions (when the new crystal arrives), one of which is Ant-Man. Therefore, I have a 1/84, or 1.19%, chance to pull him from a basic, 10k shard 5* crystal.

    New Featured Pool - 24 champions, one of which is Antman. From this crystal, I have a 1/24, or 4.16%, chance at pulling him from this awful new Featured 5* Crystal.

    Seems to me that if I want to dupe one of the worst champions in the game for the third time, the featured is the way to go.

    It's not advertised as "Increased Chance At Ant-Man". The probability may be greater, but probability is not concrete when we are dealing with RNG. Actually, your math is correct, but the focus is not right. The current Crystal has a higher Basic probability than anything. That means you currently have a greater chance at a Champ you don't want.

    How is it possible that in this entire thread, this is the most bizarre sequence of words I've read all day.
    People are defocusing on one Champ, Ant-Man. Which for all intensive purposes represents an unfavorable pull. As it stands, the estimated probability of pulling a Basic is much higher than the 4% that represents Ant-Man.

    Seriously still with "intensive purpose

    For all intensive purposes is the eggcorn term. It's commonly used.

    It’s actually ‘for all INTENTS and purposes’
  • @Kabam Miike Thank you for answering our questions. Another one: from Feb 13th to, roughly, May 13th, the featured crystal will include 18 "old" champions and 6 "new" champions, with an even chance to drop any champion. But those "new" champions will be added to the regular 10k crystal in their time, right? So on Feb 13th, Thor (Ragnarok) will only be available from the Featured Crystal, but on Feb 28th, he will be added to the Basic Crystal. Same with the others, and on May 9th, Void will be added to the Basic Crystal, and all the champions in the Featured Crystal will also be available in the Basic Crystal as well, correct? And that's roughly the date when you will change the Featured Crystal to include a new batch of "new" champions, because, well, the "new" champions will not be new anymore. So the value of the Featured Crystal is very time-dependent, because if you wait a few day/weeks, the champions you want will be added in the Basic Crystal and the Featured Crystal may not be worth the cost anymore.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,723 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    I don't care about the featured crystal. All I care about is the owls in tents and porpoises. Probably eating eggcorns. I know GW will back me up on this one.

    That's funny.
  • notornotor Posts: 12
    Instead adding those useless champs into featured crystal use the opportunity to add old missing 5* champs there (SW, Thor, BW, Wolvie etc.)
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Can we get a calendar to see what the future basics will be in advance?

    This rubbish one lasts 3 months(too long) right?

    What’s the next quarters champs like? If it’s Spark, SL, Mephisto, Iceman, GR, AA,etc... I’d buy it...
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★

    With 120k shards saved up now since the 2nd iceman opening I realize I should be able to dupe blade with the gem but after that my chances of getting a hero I really want have decreased from 20-25% to about 4%.

    Blade featured crystal is still the same mate, so you should be good

    Not what he said... he said AFTER blade.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,723 ★★★★★
    Cuteshelf wrote: »

    With 120k shards saved up now since the 2nd iceman opening I realize I should be able to dupe blade with the gem but after that my chances of getting a hero I really want have decreased from 20-25% to about 4%.

    Blade featured crystal is still the same mate, so you should be good

    Not what he said... he said AFTER blade.

    Changes take effect on February 13th but they're also running the Blade Featured on the 22nd of February as scheduled.
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 343 ★★
    Yeah! The logic is clear. One needs to pay real money to get the desired 5* champ from FGMC.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,570 ★★★★
    MEKA5 wrote: »
    Yeah! The logic is clear. One needs to pay real money to get the desired 5* champ from FGMC.

    I've got to agree, it seems like they try and make it look like we are getting something good, but in reality just being milked to buy the 300 unit crystals.

    And they wonder why there is so much outrage.
  • Less and less fun in this game.....
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    There is only one benefit for KABAM with the new 5* Featured crystal: profits from Featured GMC.

    There will be players that can't wait to get a hand on a 5* new champ and will buy a lot of FGMC = profits for KABAM.

    I would really love that if the community don't even spend money on units just to buy FGMC when the new 5* Featured crystal arrives. That's definitely will affect their revenue by a bit and would make them lose their minds. LOL
Sign In or Register to comment.