**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to defeat uncollected Hyperion in 2.2

beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
I was fighting against this super annoying Hyperion yesterday (special quest, uncollected 2.2). He power gains too fast for my champs, so the key was Ronan. This works because Hyperion seems to stack more buffs under attack or stunned and that makes Ronan ability more effective.

My team was Medusa, Karnak, Black Bolt, Archangel and Ronan. (Black Bolt and Karnak were there only for synergies for Medusa). My heavy hitters are actually Medusa and Archangel (5 stars unawakened).

What you basically have to do is survive a couple of seconds until you get your first bar of power, do not be afraid of letting Hyperion go red, you will perma-stun him with the now classic 2 heavies + 4 light + 1 special.

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    I just used magik, he uses his specials a lot, so it isn't like he just goes to sp3 every time.

But yeah, use magik, or vision, power drain champs
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    I have a 5* r5 guillotine...didnt really need ronan, lol
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I just used magik, he uses his specials a lot, so it isn't like he just goes to sp3 every time.

But yeah, use magik, or vision, power drain champs

The reason I didn't go with Vision is that Hyperion gains a bar of power when you use your specials. And he already has power surge.

Magik is different because I believe she has Power Lock. In any case, just stunning him did the job.
    Scottryan wrote: »
    I have a 5* r5 guillotine...didnt really need ronan, lol

Guillotine has power control abilities? :open_mouth:
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Scarlet Witch is my Hype killer. Don't use her specials and just bash away. On the odd chance he gets to a SP1, it's easy to bait and resume bashing.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Scarlet Witch is my Hype killer. Don't use her specials and just bash away. On the odd chance he gets to a SP1, it's easy to bait and resume bashing.

My witch is usually at AQ, so she is not available for these quests :p
  • qwweqwwe Posts: 15
    did it with dupe gwenpool he can use sp3 all day she killed him 1 shot..
    one more option is dormammu use 2 mid attack until you get 2 bars and from there is sp2 spam..
  • ss1100ss1100 Posts: 365
    qwwe wrote: »
    did it with dupe gwenpool he can use sp3 all day she killed him 1 shot..
    one more option is dormammu use 2 mid attack until you get 2 bars and from there is sp2 spam..

not in the big boys (uncollected) league yet. but yeah dormu in master level. total lockdown
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Use a champ that stuns 100% all the time like Starky,Gambit,Ronan, Hyperion, or a power drain champ like Hawkeye, Magik, Vision.
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Use a champ that stuns 100% all the time like Starky,Gambit,Ronan, Hyperion, or a power drain champ like Hawkeye, Magik, Vision.

But are Vison and Hawkeye effective here? I tried Hawkeye and it was a total failure. His special gives hyperion one bar of power, so even if he drains, let's say 40% of his power, he is giving him an extra more (and hyperion has Power Surge anyway). The only good power control champs against this Hyperion are the ones that have power lock or a constant power steal.

The fact alone that he has power surge makes the power drain kind of useless. It has to be locked.