HIdden Defenders in AW

I was pretty sure that removing the hidden information on defenders in war was only a temp thing. Is this getting fixed/ coming back any time soon, or did I miss the message that this was gone forever?

Comments

  • Wow, would have thought someone would have said something by now. :V
  • ccriderccrider Posts: 17
    Not being able to hide defenders makes DOT champs useless, ppl will just bring immune champs accordingly. Talk ab lack of prep on that move.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,114
    I'd love to get an update on when non-boss/mini-boss AW defenders will go back to being hidden - @Kabam Miike
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 136
    Here here
  • LoPresti wrote: »
    I like it this way, haven't had to spend in AW in forever.

    It's definitely double edged. Defenders are less effective and attackers that are risky when going in blind are now viable, so attacking is easier/cheaper. However, it sucks when you're someone that ranked up good, tricky defenders and now everyone sees them coming so you don't get many kills anymore.
  • I would prefer if the war hid mini bosses only IMHO...
  • Yeah idk what the deal is.. prefer hidden champs for sure. If you can't clear a path then double it up.. the better alliance will win because they deserve the win...
  • LiquidButtLiquidButt Posts: 133
    edited January 2018
    Kreap_805 wrote: »
    Yeah idk what the deal is.. prefer hidden champs for sure. If you can't clear a path then double it up.. the better alliance will win because they deserve the win...

    Agreed...non hidden champs is a huge advantage for the less skilled alliance
  • MikeHockMikeHock Posts: 1,176
    Hey all,

    We are getting close to being able to hide Alliance Wars Defenders again. You can expect this to return in our next update!

    Why is only node 49 hidden in all 3 BG of our war?

    o7yfhfy91hxu.jpg
    auh03vnmkp3y.jpg

    posted here:
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/36654/alliance-wars-discussion-thread/p9

  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 215
    guess we are going back to the days of guessing who the champ.
    with all the new champs out there and the specific champ you need in order to counter them and avoid "unavoidable" damage, i don't think hiding them is the right thing to do.
    this is just another thing that take out skill.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 2,858
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    guess we are going back to the days of guessing who the champ.
    with all the new champs out there and the specific champ you need in order to counter them and avoid "unavoidable" damage, i don't think hiding them is the right thing to do.
    this is just another thing that take out skill.

    I disagree. The definition of real skill is being able to beat any champ with your top attackers.

    With the nodes visible, it's like building a landmine field but then handing the map to the attackers.

    The only issue I foresee is that the players have complained about the difficulty (or lack thereof) while the nodes are visible, so Kabam has buffed the nodes to make them harder. Once they go dark again, they may be buffed too much for a blind attack and absolutely crush attackers so that completion is all but eliminated.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,068
    Have people all figured out void will be the end of running suicides on attack when this goes back
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 215
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    guess we are going back to the days of guessing who the champ.
    with all the new champs out there and the specific champ you need in order to counter them and avoid "unavoidable" damage, i don't think hiding them is the right thing to do.
    this is just another thing that take out skill.

    I disagree. The definition of real skill is being able to beat any champ with your top attackers.

    With the nodes visible, it's like building a landmine field but then handing the map to the attackers.

    The only issue I foresee is that the players have complained about the difficulty (or lack thereof) while the nodes are visible, so Kabam has buffed the nodes to make them harder. Once they go dark again, they may be buffed too much for a blind attack and absolutely crush attackers so that completion is all but eliminated.

    This is exactly the problem. Nodes are tough for blind fight.
    If you fight Magik with wrong champ you die just from limbo.
    Modok is almost impossible to fight without specific champ and/synergy.
    It’s just my opinion... I enjoy more fighting when I don’t die to unavoidable damage node.
  • Carmel1 wrote: »
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    guess we are going back to the days of guessing who the champ.
    with all the new champs out there and the specific champ you need in order to counter them and avoid "unavoidable" damage, i don't think hiding them is the right thing to do.
    this is just another thing that take out skill.

    I disagree. The definition of real skill is being able to beat any champ with your top attackers.

    With the nodes visible, it's like building a landmine field but then handing the map to the attackers.

    The only issue I foresee is that the players have complained about the difficulty (or lack thereof) while the nodes are visible, so Kabam has buffed the nodes to make them harder. Once they go dark again, they may be buffed too much for a blind attack and absolutely crush attackers so that completion is all but eliminated.

    This is exactly the problem. Nodes are tough for blind fight.
    If you fight Magik with wrong champ you die just from limbo.
    Modok is almost impossible to fight without specific champ and/synergy.
    It’s just my opinion... I enjoy more fighting when I don’t die to unavoidable damage node.

    This was the same issue when they first rolled out the new war format with no quit penalties for force closing. Everyone bragged about how easy it was and they 1 shot every boss while defenders got 0 kills, so they buffed up the map AND put the penalty back in and immediately we were getting double digit kills again. You can't adjust 2 variables at the same time if you really want to measure the effect of one or the other.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 378
    edited January 2018
    Bottom line, going in blind for those who don't have the right champs yet for attack or to counter any opponent is not right. Those of us with large rosters can manage. For those of you in tier 1 and 2 I do believe it comes down to pure skill. You guys are crazy good to handle what is thrown at you. But tiers 3 and 4 it all comes down to luck. Sure I can complete my path 8 out of 10 times. But only if I'm lucky enough not to get some crazy champ that I don't have a counter for. Being able to see makes this easier to make a decision who too bring. Furthermore it's very boring to bring the exact same attackers to war every single time cause that's all you have. I still believe that more champions need to be updated so we have larger options for attackers.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775
    As the officer that places our defense, I hate the nodes not being hidden. Placing used to be fun. Stacking lines, setting confusing ambushes, and placing strategically to make certain lines the hardest. As it is, it's almost pointless spending time placing and has taken out all the fun . I don't even like the classes being shown. Yeah, it's harder but this is a contest of skill.
  • axelelf_1 wrote: »
    As the officer that places our defense, I hate the nodes not being hidden. Placing used to be fun. Stacking lines, setting confusing ambushes, and placing strategically to make certain lines the hardest. As it is, it's almost pointless spending time placing and has taken out all the fun . I don't even like the classes being shown. Yeah, it's harder but this is a contest of skill.

    Nah it’s not about skill when u have defenders like Medusa. U need someone like SW to nullify those furies or get auto blocked and comboed into oblivion. Until they change these type of defenders then they should be shown and not hidden
  • At this point updating the rewards should be the priority - war rewards are terrible
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 739
    Class won't be hidden again, just the specific character. They dropped the hidden class thing when they rebooted AW.
  • Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Class won't be hidden again, just the specific character. They dropped the hidden class thing when they rebooted AW.

    And yet to reimburse us for the class detection masteries we unlocked.
  • BayouemBayouem Posts: 40
    Is the class still going to be viewable?
  • Hold up. Hiding defenders was great when it was about diversity. Now aw is getting ridiculously hard. In t1 it's really rare to clear all bosses and 100 perfect. We sure we want to hide defenders at this point in aw? Keep in mind it's only a matter of time before we see a bunch of mephistos, modoks, voids, and even more dorms, etc.
  • Amonthir wrote: »
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    As the officer that places our defense, I hate the nodes not being hidden. Placing used to be fun. Stacking lines, setting confusing ambushes, and placing strategically to make certain lines the hardest. As it is, it's almost pointless spending time placing and has taken out all the fun . I don't even like the classes being shown. Yeah, it's harder but this is a contest of skill.

    Nah it’s not about skill when u have defenders like Medusa. U need someone like SW to nullify those furies or get auto blocked and comboed into oblivion. Until they change these type of defenders then they should be shown and not hidden

    Medusa can be worked around by anyone simply by waiting for her Furies to expire, or only hitting her while she is stunned. Most other defenders can as well, and most of those that pose a surprise challenge are either Mystic (get class detection mastery again), or someone like Modok, who at least has (even while hidden) the blue charge counter on him, so you know he is 1 of 4 champs with it. Well, 3, because no one will put Sentry on defense, and even if they do, easy kill.

    Hiding Defenders brings more skill back into the situation, as you need to be ready for anything, and able to adapt. But I will grant that it tends to settle you into a specific set of general use attackers.

    Have u ever even fought her in war? Obviously not cuz auto block works while stunned even with pacify. It takes 9 seconds to get 3 furies and 14 seconds for them to expire. Easier said than done. Why do people post when they haven’t a clue?

    Saw a 5/50 Loki take down our boss Medusa with Zero kills. Use S1 to steal fury buffs
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Amonthir wrote: »
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    As the officer that places our defense, I hate the nodes not being hidden. Placing used to be fun. Stacking lines, setting confusing ambushes, and placing strategically to make certain lines the hardest. As it is, it's almost pointless spending time placing and has taken out all the fun . I don't even like the classes being shown. Yeah, it's harder but this is a contest of skill.

    Nah it’s not about skill when u have defenders like Medusa. U need someone like SW to nullify those furies or get auto blocked and comboed into oblivion. Until they change these type of defenders then they should be shown and not hidden

    Medusa can be worked around by anyone simply by waiting for her Furies to expire, or only hitting her while she is stunned. Most other defenders can as well, and most of those that pose a surprise challenge are either Mystic (get class detection mastery again), or someone like Modok, who at least has (even while hidden) the blue charge counter on him, so you know he is 1 of 4 champs with it. Well, 3, because no one will put Sentry on defense, and even if they do, easy kill.

    Hiding Defenders brings more skill back into the situation, as you need to be ready for anything, and able to adapt. But I will grant that it tends to settle you into a specific set of general use attackers.

    Have u ever even fought her in war? Obviously not cuz auto block works while stunned even with pacify. It takes 9 seconds to get 3 furies and 14 seconds for them to expire. Easier said than done. Why do people post when they haven’t a clue?

    Saw a 5/50 Loki take down our boss Medusa with Zero kills. Use S1 to steal fury buffs

    Any alliance worth its salt will have BKers prepared to bring specific champs for the war bosses. While AW will be hidden again, the bosses will remain revealed and players can still prepare for them. For instance--when I see Spider-Man Classic as main boss, I bring Agent Venom

    Outside of Medusa (and maybe Hyperion), no one will bring 5/50 Loki to deal with Magik, Dormammu, Mephisto, or NC in the boss nodes
  • If they make it harder to 100% complete the map, defender diversity might not be significant anymore?
Sign In or Register to comment.