CHANGES TO ARENA AND BRACKETS FOR A BETTER GAME EXPERIENCE

ZiliorZilior Member Posts: 10
Hello,

I was thinking about arena and how it could be improved for everyone, discussing with a friend about all the pros and cons of the current arena I came to a conclusion on how I think it could be changed to better suit everyone in the game, from players that currently are in the "end-game" to fresh new beginners.

FIRST I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE CURRENT ARENA PROBLEMS:

I'm a relatively new player, my account has just about 4 months and there's so many players much more advanced in the game than me, when I go to arena I compete face to face with all this players, as day passes the cutoffs of arena gets bigger and bigger because everyone in the game wants the rewards from arenas and that include the "end-game" players too, they grind for shards and units in every single arena from the 2 STAR to the 4/5 STAR one, as days passes more players enter that position, they reach a game state where they can easily grind in each arena with their strong roster of heroes, pushing the cutoffs even more forward.

That is the main problem, I as a new player cannot compete in the featured arena because the game is old enough with several hundreds of players that put in a big amount of points that I can't even dream about.
I can't compete in the "basic" 4* arena because "end-game" players push several hundreds of points there to get those rank rewards, that pushes the amount of points necessary for a new player to get that new champ to a standard that they cannot achieve with their limited account.
The only arena that I can compete is the 3*one only when it is not a featured champ, if it's a featured 3* hero, guess what, the cutoff goes pretty high because EVERYONE compete there, and that brings us to another problem;

THE POINT SYSTEM:

Currently, the points you get from each fight are based on three things: the streak you are at, the rarity of your hero and the PI of your hero. Let's assume that I have 30 3* heroes at base rank, got it from the PHC/3* crystal and feed them a few ISO(remember, ISO are extremely limited in the earlier stages of the game), got them to level 10 and 500 PI more or less, the amount of points I'll get from that hero in a fight will be 900-1.3k, then you apply the streak multiplier, if I am at a 5+ streak I’ll get a 3x multiplier, so that champ will give me about 3k points, lets round it.
When a "end-game" player fights in that same arena, they use a fully maxed 3* hero with a buffed PI AND his account has the high-end masteries too, pushing the PI of his champs even higher... that same 3* hero will give him much more points per fight than I'll get with whatever champ I use(unless I use a maxed champ too), that person will get about 5k points per hero used in the same arena as me, almost twice the points I am able to get... how is that fair? how can I compete with a person like that? we have limited time to fight in those arenas, we have the arena time itself and the time a hero takes to be avaliable to fight again, even if I fight with all my champs everytime they are avaliable I could not compete with a veteran player.

THE CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS:

I have thought in two different ways that arenas could be changed, I'll talk about them from now on;

FIRST WAY:

Change the bracket system, make them to not be based in the account creation time as it is right now. Currently, if your account have 0 to 1 month, you are in the beginner’s bracket, if your account have 1 to 2 months, you are in the intermediary bracket, 3+ you move to the veteran’s bracket. Now I ask, how can a person with 3 months of playtime have an account good enough to compete in the same arena that a 1-year old player plays? It’s not possible (well, I guess a unlimited amount of money solves the problem right?).

My suggestion for this is to make the brackets based in the "TOTAL BASE HERO RATING" number. That is the perfect metric to decide if a person can compete in the same arena as the other. My account as I said before are 4 months old and I have a total base hero rating number of 73,350k, how can I compete with someone that have 300k of hero rating....it's the definition of unfairness.
I do not have a good number to give but I'm sure you guys have the data to decide a good divisor number for each bracket, if I would guess what bracket should my account be in, I would say the intermediary one. Making this change will give players the tools to compete in the arena and get that so desirable hero that he want and worked for and progressively expand their roster.

SECOND WAY:

Change the points system, as it is right now, the more strong your hero are, more points it gives per fight.... that is another extremely limiting factor when it comes to play in the arenas, because as I said above, we have limited time to get the points we need, with the current point system I don't have time to get as many points a veteran can because his heroes are much stronger and give him much more points per fight, that's a big issue when it comes to time-based content.

My suggestion is to change the points system to be based only in HERO RARITY, for example, if I fight with a 3* VS 3*, victory will give me 3k points, no matter how strong your champ is, if I won a fight with a 4* VS 4*, I'll get 5k points, you got the idea.... get rid of infinite streaks, make the fight progression to start matching your heroes power and be 10% harder every fight you won, this way you still can get fights stronger as you progress with the streaks and eventually lose if you use a weak champ, as it is right now, resetting the whole thing again.
That would give the medium and veteran players a somewhat reasonable way to compete and bring the cutoffs to a human standard, no ones want to grind arena the whole day again and again....

Forgive me if I have extended myself too much, I really wanted to take point by point and explain why I am suggesting this, I hope it can be understandable, I am not a English native speaker, sorry for any typos...