**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Baiting specials

Can't beat an opponent if they don't use specials. Just saying..... not new, I know how to bait.

Comments

• Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Yup, you got to master it.
  • AlphaKratosAlphaKratos Posts: 18
    Exactly it takes twice maybe thrice the time to bait specials now than it used to and in a fight of around 3 mins if you gonna spend 40-50 secs to just specials its not good for our champs.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I haven't noticed any difference. The AI in arena has always leaned all or nothing at a few points when building a streak depending on the teams you choose but, as I said, it always has. AQ/War/Story are the same. Where are you noticing a difference?
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Rogue42 wrote: »

Of course I've mastered baiting. Not new....
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    AQ is very problematic for baiting specials on some nodes, particularly map 5. It’s using the same passive AI as arena.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    The only one who gives me a hard time is rhino mini boss on map5. Sometimes I spend half the fight dancing backwards and forwards trying to bait and avoid his unblockable charge
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Try it against bane on uncollected.
    7 seconds of baiting and you're dead
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    absolutely. it's like 0% chance for the opponents to use sp1 & sp2, no matter how much u try but 101% for sp3. I've experienced this in eq.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    The only one who gives me a hard time is rhino mini boss on map5. Sometimes I spend half the fight dancing backwards and forwards trying to bait and avoid his unblockable charge

Rhino is pretty easy for me. Mordo can be problematic at times to bait but everyone is different.
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270

The answer to this is, you don't. Push to his l2 instead cuz it's easier to evade
  • KUROKURO Posts: 104
    There’s some time they’ll never use specials at all, how many times you bait especially in arena (crucial streak before you passed to the safe zone).
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Rogue42 wrote: »

I see what you did there.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    The point of this discussion....?
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited January 2018
    I find this to be the worst part of the mid to late game. It is cheap artificial difficulty IMO... just as bad as the AI make decisions based on what you did a millisecond before and rolling you becasue of its inhuman reaction time or the inhuman way of playing.

Not to mention it is just boring and frustrating baiting, bating, bating, bating, attack, attack, bating, bating, bating, baiting, attack, bating, baiting, get caught, die.

Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    The point of this discussion....?

To get you to post asking what it's about. Hey! It worked! :D

• dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Even beyond baiting, the biggest problem is at the core of how power is gained in the game, and that is being hit generates more power than actually doing the hitting. Which is 100% illogical.

If you are fighting, getting punched in the face is not going to give you an tactical advantage. So why would standing there and getting punched in the face 20 times in a row suddenly let you unleash some ultimate move that can't be blocked, can't be avoided, and in the case of AQ/AW/buffed nodes, does more damage than the 20 hits you just took?

Really, power gain should only come from hitting opponents, not from being hit. I would take it a step further, and getting hit should actually COST you power.

Certain power gain champions (Hyperion, Mordo, OG Vison, etc) would be the wild card exceptions to this, but you should never have to completely halt your offense and do this stupid ass baiting dance because if you don't, you'll get nuked by unavoidable damage.

But, the core gameplay won't be changed, so we just have to live with the stupid baiting dance.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    dkatryl wrote: »
    Even beyond baiting, the biggest problem is at the core of how power is gained in the game, and that is being hit generates more power than actually doing the hitting. Which is 100% illogical.

I actually disagree with that. If you are getting hit you are taking all the damage so it is good to give that person more power so they have a chance to come back (fighting games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat all do it this way as well... its a staple of the genre).