**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Been playing for 3 weeks... Should I save my 5* shards for blade or open the basic 5* crystal?

nield04nield04 Posts: 27
edited January 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I am a new player who has been playing MCOC for 3 weeks. I don't know whether to save for Blade or just open my regular 5* crystal. Apparently Blade is god tier but I don't really want to chance an extra 5k shards.

Been playing for 3 weeks... Should I save my 5* shards for blade or open the basic 5* crystal? 67 votes

Save shards for Blade
49%
NevvBBartRagamugginGunnerCYNDRDBODYSpity68DropfaithStewmanJets44Superman69CoolGuy_McFlymr_brown1GAM3RGUYPe3kSungjJulzR4GEStark78AlfaItempasSpiritOfVengeanceG0311 33 votes
Open Basic 5*
50%
JOHNOSA1995LeNoirFaineantSMiller80Chris_L_HJJ4302Vision_41CavalierHeroBoltsyZane22PsychoakumapacothemanGQuantaonebAtomic_WolfCptMuffinatbatmatt10IAmNotUrMomNOOOOOOOOPEEEEEDOKTOROKTOPUSRCunha 34 votes

Comments

• WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    All new players should focus on expanding their roster before going for Elite champs!!
    You need a big roster to grind arena for resources and new champs!!
    You have a long way to go before needing a champ like Blade to clear harder contents!!!
  • Open Basic 5*
    Just understand that there is a CHANCE for blade. So you might save and get another random, in this case you lost 5000 shards
  • GrinchhhGrinchhh Posts: 70
    Save shards for Blade
    even tho this isn't a good choice for a new summoner, while the featureds aren't being changed on Blade's crystals you still have a high chance on getting him(20-25% to get a featured is high in kabam's terms and in MCOC).
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Lol. Players getting 5* within 3 weeks. Took forever to get my first 4*. Another example 4* are dying. Save for Blade then don't go for a featured for a long time.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Lol. Players getting 5* within 3 weeks. Took forever to get my first 4*. Another example 4* are dying. Save for Blade then don't go for a featured for a long time.

This, just this o_O
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I didn't get my first 4 STAR until I finished Act 3 after like 5 months of playing. Didn't get a 5 star for over a year after that. Now they are handing them out like candy, I guess.
  • Open Basic 5*
    6*s are the new future
  • Atomic_WolfAtomic_Wolf Posts: 59
    Open Basic 5*
    You should open a basic but wait until next month when Blade will be added to the regular pool. You might get lucky and pull Blade from the featured, but I wouldn't risk the extra 5k. Focus on increasing your roster size first.
  • Save shards for Blade
    One truly elite champ makes a big difference. He's an exceptional champ and worth the chance.
  • CoolGuy_McFlyCoolGuy_McFly Posts: 14
    Save shards for Blade
    He's a pretty great champ and if you do get him, you'll have a pretty good way to breeze through the game for a pretty good amount of time. However, if you don't, you'd basically have wasted an extra 5k shards. There's plenty of good champions in the subfeatured pool that would also be pretty worth it if they aren't already added to the basic 5* crystal when the 5* Blade crystal comes back around. The chances to get him from the crystal would be fairly high anyways as well so I'd say it's fairly worth it. And if you don't get him, you still get a 5* character just 3 weeks into the game, which is more than I had until almost 6 months of playing.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Open Basic 5*
    If you have been playing for 3 weeks you won't have enough 5* shards for Blade by the time his crystal is gone.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited January 2018
    It's up to you. I popped my first 2 (got Luke Cage then Mordo)... but now I am saving for just one shot at Blade as if you were to get him it would be super worth it. And if you don't get him its only 5,000 shards one time.

Road to a Million Arena. He must have caught and done some of it. So yeah just a circumstance of when he started. I have been playing like 4 months and it took me like over 2 to save up enough shards (not including the road to a million arena... that gave me one a week earlier so I go 2 in that short span due to that, another couple weeks later now I have 12,100 so I could get one more but saving for one shot at Blade myself).
    If you have been playing for 3 weeks you won't have enough 5* shards for Blade by the time his crystal is gone.

Road to a Million Arena... he very will could be if he did even part of that.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

He obviously already has 10K or more (as he states he can "just open a regular crystal")... So it IS indeed conceivable that he will have another 5K by Feb 22. The "mystery items left on the calendar in January are probably another 5K or more.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Open Basic 5*
    chev327fox wrote: »
    It's up to you. I popped my first 2 (got Luke Cage then Mordo)... but now I am saving for just one shot at Blade as if you were to get him it would be super worth it. And if you don't get him its only 5,000 shards one time.

Road to a Million Arena. He must have caught and done some of it. So yeah just a circumstance of when he started. I have been playing like 4 months and it took me like over 2 to save up enough shards (not including the road to a million arena... that gave me one a week earlier so I go 2 in that short span due to that, another couple weeks later now I have 12,100 so I could get one more but saving for one shot at Blade myself).

Road to a Million Arena... he very will could be if he did even part of that.

Road to a Million Arena ended on the 17th of December. While I agree that would be the most logical way for him to have gotten 10k 5* shards, I think it is more likely that he has been playing longer than 3 weeks.
  • CoolGuy_McFlyCoolGuy_McFly Posts: 14
    Save shards for Blade
    He's a pretty great champ and if you do get him, you'll have a pretty good way to breeze through the game for a pretty good amount of time. However, if you don't, you'd basically have wasted an extra 5k shards. There's a few good champions in the subfeatured pool that could be worth the extra 5k 5* shards but it all depends on what you'd value as a "good" pull.
  • Ajjohnsbb8Ajjohnsbb8 Posts: 191
    Open Basic 5*
    Hey You are very new to the game.... I think you need to open basic because you need to expand before getting a featured. I am not quite sure how three weeks gives you a five star considering I didn't get my first 4* untill 3+ months of playing, and my first five star Venom (ugh) took me at least a good 5-6 months. I hope you find this useful :wink: ps what is your accounts name?
  • ItempasItempas Posts: 57
    Save shards for Blade
    I'm kind of in a similar boat. Started in July, but only really became active in November.
    BIG MISTAKE!! lol...
    Anyways I've opened 2 Basic 5* and got KG and RR....really don't want another meh 5*. Maybe the extra 5k might hurt me later if I don't get Blade, but it's a hard gamble to pass up.
  • Moving this to a more appropriate section for this topic. Thank you!
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    Save shards for Blade
    Man, the game has changed since I started to play if someone is debating whether to buy a 10k or 15k crystal after 3 weeks. Took me months to save up for my first 5*.

took me almost a year