**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Red Hulk

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
Would appreciate an honest appraisal of the Beta changes considered for Red Hulk. I’ve never used my 3/4*, but recently acquired the 5*. And I’ve paid zero attention to the forums re: his possible changes. But what I hear from chats I’m in is wildly divergent. Just looking for some additional reliable data points.

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2018
    We are two! i just opened a 5* Red Hulk lol.

As for the videos i've seen of the beta:

-They got completely rid of the overheat mechanic. and the charges stacks limit is 10 instead of 7. he can do over 2k extra energy damage with 10 charges.
    -He's a possible Mephisto counter, because with each heat charge he gains Incinerate resistance. he also gains the usual physical resistance. this is his dupe ability.
    -He gets a small regen with his SP2.

so far even Unduped he seems like an Awesome champ imo.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    He hits harder and has a way to get back some HP at a cost of 2 heat charges. He also causes more direct damage than before, and with a limit of 10 heat charges he does more damage in form of direct damage than the actual hit.
    But anything can be changed at the time his new abilities get released ...
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I ranked him to 5/50 and took him into RoL with a mutant crit team.
    226 hits later I gave up with WS still at about 70% health. My 4/40 Starlord only takes 200 hits to beat him.
    In saying that, he is much better for quests. Still not top tier though.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    226 hits later I gave up with WS still at about 70% health. My 4/40 Starlord only takes 200 hits to beat him.

That's not what I wanted to hear. I thought he was going to be the better of the two. I wasn't in beta so just a guess.
  • Options
    WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    He doesn't have to hit as hard as starlord. If he has some utility that would be great. Healing and better damange sounds alright. Could potentially use him in AQ.
  • Options
    GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    Sounds like a good improvement even if he's not making it to Demi-God
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Thanks to all of you. I have my science R4 (Quake) and don’t see my Rhulk getting many cats right away. But he seems potentially useful if he gets buffed—and at least pulling him doesn’t feel like as much of a groin kick as (near) back to back 5* Groots did. Appreciate the insight.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Duped, he is a very viable counter to Mephisto's Incinerate, as vs Mystic he has a 60% chance of converting any attack he blocks into a charge, so that + his L1 adding the 2 charges means he gains effective immunity very quickly.
    My 4* 40 RH cleared RoL WS in 538 hits, so while not exactly super-impressive, it means he is A) Better than Sentry in long fights (and probably short ones too), and I imagine a 4* 50 could do it in ~100 fewer hits. Not terrible for Class Disadvantage, but not top tier. Extra damage is now Physical rather than Energy, but at top charges, he does quite respectable damage that is not buff/debuff dependent. Also, 100% chance to convert a poison OR Incinerate effect into a Heat Charge.
    Regen is minor, good for a little topping off from Parry/Block damage towards end of fight, but otherwise not impactful.
    If changes are kept, I think he goes from a dud used only if you have no other poison immune champs, to a decent-good pull for certain quest fights. And will get better when they add Incinerate nodes to go with the current Bleed/Poison ones.
  • Options
    GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    edited January 2018
    Snizzbar wrote: »

This on beta? Cause i've seen people ram over RoL WS with 300ish hits using 5/50 Rulk
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    A lot better than I did, but mine was lower ranked, and I know I used up a lot of his L2 charges playing with his regen. And also did not bring a full synergy team as I brought Luke 'Swrrt Christmas!' Cage along for the ride, but I now feel ashamed I took so many hits to down him, ha.
    Gb, that is a 4* 50, right?
  • Options
    chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Thanks to all of you. I have my science R4 (Quake) and don’t see my Rhulk getting many cats right away. But he seems potentially useful if he gets buffed—and at least pulling him doesn’t feel like as much of a groin kick as (near) back to back 5* Groots did. Appreciate the insight.

Dr. Zola

Agreed. I feel the same way about my first 5* pull now too (Luke Cage... man my groin still hurts to this day :D ). I am hoping his changes are good too.

Fingers crossed they go forward with the buffs on both and both are finally usable!