**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why are characters that are powerful in the comics under powered in the game?

I know that it’s not easy to create balance in the game, but there are obviously some character that are better than others. The thing I don’t get is why this isn’t based more on their power levels in the comics. Blade, Stark Spidey, Gwenpool and SL are some of the absolute best in the game, but their power levels in the comics aren’t on par with Hulk and Phoenix to name a couple who are super powerful.

I know Hulk has gotten a little buff in the past and was improved, but Phoenix is not useful for any game mode, I’ve never seen her brought to AW or AQ. The two of them amount others should be the characters at the top of the game rather than the champs I mentioned being at the top.

I feel like Hyperion hits that sweet spot where he is really powerful in the comics and a great champ in the game.

Comments

• RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 144 ★★
    He’s another great example, didn’t even think of him though.

Pretty funny meme
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    I completely agree, this drives me crazy.

Sentry, void, dorm, hype, thor, Phoenix, and others are characters that have god-like powers in the comics.

I wish they would just make them extremely hard to get, but when you get someone like that it should
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    Groot, Thanos, Kang, Dr Strange, black bolt, Magneto, Ronan, cyclops, and Loki, for ones not mentioned yet.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Because it would completely destroy the balance of the game. Even if those champs are super rare, no matter who pulls them, they've basically won the game. This leaves 99.9% of the players unhappy, which will make players leave in droves or simply not pick up the game.

Forget alliance war as well, it will be limited to those that are lucky enough to have members that pull the god tier champs.

Or you simply don't pull ground level fighters in the game, which would basically mean most people's favourite characters don't make it into the game. Forget any iterations of Spiderman, Daredevil, Captain America, Ironman even Wolverine or Deadpool.

In general, I think Kabam do a decent job of at least making it seem like the different power levels of champs could conceivably fight it out in an arena. Sure some of the power levels seem off, but outside of Black Widow telling Hulk a soothing poem she can't beat him, one punch and she would be splattered.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    This isnt the same universe as the comics
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited January 2018
    A Wizard did it.

Well. It's a fact they cannot have the same power scale that in the comics because it would not be a fighting game but a massacre. An unfunny one.

Plus, usually the main champs are the most powerful in the comics, because they're the main heros and they kick every single ass. So if the main champs are the most powerful and the most loved, who would want to play with average champs nobody heard cared them before?.

However I can understand the disappoint if the most powerful champs are meh here.
    Hyperion is a good example about how it should be made, he's almost god in the comics but is good here w/o breaking anything.
    Sentry is another example in the other way, he's the god in the comics (and he's the god in the MCoC's cannon) but... well you know. He should be Hyperion level at least.