**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Recent bans.....

Alot of people are wondering what Kabam intent todo regarding the latest Unit Scam violations that have hit the Contest Of Champion community.

The last time this happened, people where banned but given the opportunity to pay back Kabam to get there accounts reactivated for the units that where purchased. However if i recall there was big uproar from the entire community and you guys said that this would never happen again.

Now around 2 years later we are in the same boat, however the ramifications are alot worse to accounts now than they where 2 years ago. Why? Mainly because of 2 things, this has come right after a gifting event, which hands out massive account forwarding rewards like T1A, T2A, T4B and 5* Shards. Secondly because of the Featured Grandmaster Crystal. Noone knows for sure how much accounts have spent at a discounted rated that have let them progress there accounts beyond there spending limits.

Need a blade at lvl 120? No problem i will keep opening crystal after crystal until i get him there because these units are not costing me full price. Need a Thor at 200? No Problem i can pop crystals till i drop because yet again these units are not costing full price.

So the accounts have been banned for 7 days if rumours are to be believed.. however is that entirely fair on the entire MCOC Community that these accounts are allowed to carry on past this point without any further penalties?

I know you guys do not comment on bans, however this really needs to be addressed further.

Comments

• OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    edited January 2018
    I too would like to know. We know who they are and it looks like it's just a 7 day ban. Should have been permanent.
  • They do not ban whales,i guess
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    What should happen is they should give everyone who doesn't cheat 3 odins for free.

The stupid thing about bans, is it seems people can hack to do LoL, get a week ban and come back to the account...

Now how is that ever fair?!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Kabam really needs to show us that they mean it when they say they’re trying to be more transparent. The community needs this.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I don’t think a week long ban is fair and that the punishment should be a permanent ban. However, it should probably stay the way it is because when Kabam goes ban crazy, a lot of players who haven’t done anything wrong get caught in the crossfire
  • FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    If it only was a 7 day ban - I also feel that does not even come close to being fair.

I would love to see some response on this to reassure the community that stuff like this wont be allowed, but doubt it
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    A 7 day ban just tells the community, "Hey, if you cheat, don't worry, nothing particularly bad will happen."

The offenders will be laughing in this case, and understandably so.

Kabam should be making an example of these people.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    Discussing these things is shaky ground because actions on Accounts is not permitted here. However, what seems common is there seems to be a temporary ban lately that is followed up with a permanent ban following an investigation, if there is sufficient evidence found I suppose. This is based on reports from Players, so I have no idea for sure. What I'm almost positive of is that no one was given an option to buy their Account back.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    I'm not a Moderator. I just pay attention.
This discussion has been closed.