**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Location specific buffs

Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
It would be cool (at least to me) to have buffs to champions based on the location of the fight
For instance if you are using daredevil in a fight
And the fight begins in the hell's kitchen region, DD would get a +20% increased stun duration buff
Magneto If he's in that aircraft arena would get a +10% increase in magnetite ability against metal opponents and 10% attack against non mental opponents
Thor, Loki,Angela and hela would get +30% in buff duration when fighting in Asgard
The avengers fighting in the avengers tower would gain +10% ability accuracy and +5% power gain

This could add more excitement to players knowing their champs would get buffed if theyre lucky enough to start the fight in the preferred arena

Comments

• Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I am not really fond of this if I am being honest.

I mean what would it be called so like for the avengers their location specific buff would be called home sweet home? Or tower of increased powers? Or buffs for all? Or here is a random synergy? Or here have more abilities only exlusive to the avengers because it is the tower of avengers?

Daredevil kitchen could be called, aroma of buffs only available for daredevil, or this is the place where daredevil fought granting increased stun.

Magneto in the airport surrounded by aircraft would be called, magneto seeing metal planes grants magneto to randomly become motivated to get increased contrll over metal people or magneto the master of planes?

The asgardians in asgard could be called, increased buffs cuz its their original home?

Next if there is an icy arena this grants iceman the ability to grind across the entire place even faster?
  • Options
    I am not really fond of the if I am being honest.

I mean what would it be called so like for the avengers their location specific buff would be called home sweet home? Or tower of increased powers? Or buffs for all? Or here is a random synergy? Or here have more abilities only exlusive to the avengers because it is the tower of avengers?

Daredevil kitchen could be called, aroma of buffs only available for daredevil, or this is the place where daredevil fought granting increased stun.

Magneto in the airport surrounded by aircraft would be called, magneto seeing metal planes grants magneto to randomly become motivated to get increased contrll over metal people or magneto the master of planes?

The asgardians in asgard could be called, increased buffs cuz its their original home?

Next if there is an icy arena this grants iceman the ability to grind across the entire place even faster?

I don't think I understand your point
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Maybe the idea in general sounds good but I think the buffs suggested by you are maybe a bit too rewarding especially when considering there are only a few areas to fight in this game. I took another look and maybe the DD one and the magneto one seems balanced.

Maybe just more thought is required so like this would only work in story and event quests because I don't think a lot of people would like to lose their defence because of the place their opponent is fighting in.
  • Options
    Maybe the idea in general sounds good but I think the buffs suggested by you are maybe a bit too rewarding especially when considering there are only a few areas to fight in this game. I took another look and maybe the DD one and the magneto one seems balanced.

Maybe just more thought is required so like this would only work in story and event quests because I don't think a lot of people would like to lose their defence because of the place their opponent is fighting in.

They are examples tho
    Kabam could change it
    So it doesn't still depend on me
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    It would be cool (at least to me) to have buffs to champions based on the location of the fight
    And the fight begins in the hell's kitchen region, DD would get a +20% increased stun duration buff
    Magneto If he's in that aircraft arena would get a +10% increase in magnetite ability against metal opponents and 10% attack against non mental opponents
    Thor, Loki,Angela and hela would get +30% in buff duration when fighting in Asgard
    The avengers fighting in the avengers tower would gain +10% ability accuracy and +5% power gain

This could add more excitement to players knowing their champs would get buffed if theyre lucky enough to start the fight in the preferred arena

Interesting, this is a fresh idea to me

Just curious, do you know if, when we fight the same OPPONENT a few times on the same node with diff champs, will the LOCATION/VENUE remain unchanged (i.e. either tied to the OPPONENT, or tied to the NODE)? or will the LOCATION/VENUE change randomly?

if the location/venue changes randomly for every new fight, perhaps if this idea is implemented, I can replay till I get a venue that has advantage to my champ
  • Options
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Jh_Dez wrote: »

Interesting, this is a fresh idea to me

Just curious, do you know if, when we fight the same OPPONENT a few times on the same node with diff champs, will the LOCATION/VENUE remain unchanged (i.e. either tied to the OPPONENT, or tied to the NODE)? or will the LOCATION/VENUE change randomly?

if the location/venue changes randomly for every new fight, perhaps if this idea is implemented, I can replay till I get a venue that has advantage to my champ

It will change randomly
    You won't choose Thor and then go into a fight and always fight in Asgard
    For balance it should be random
    When playing for a champ in arena this could at least add a bit of fun and difficulty