**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

0/13 for featured 5* character - should i throw in the towel or what

ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
im a little stubborn and figured i might as well go for 0/14 and make it a nice even number

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Isn't there a well known saying 14th time lucky?
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    Isn't there a well known saying 14th time lucky?

not in my country but maybe somewhere
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Well, Featured Drops are rare. The rarest I've seen. In the whole time I've been playing, I've landed two. A 4* and a 3*. I won't say how many I've bought. Let's just say it's been costly. I just keep that in mind when I buy them, and if I feel like trying for it, I try. I wouldn't drop a significant amount unless I really wanted the Champ, and even then, it's just a chance.
    Side Note: Bought one since I'm on my way out the door. Landed a 4* Gambit. I may buy a few more in the next couple days, but Grinding is the only semi-guarantee.
    Well, Featured Drops are rare. The rarest I've seen. In the whole time I've been playing, I've landed two. A 4* and a 3*. I won't say how many I've bought. Let's just say it's been costly. I just keep that in mind when I buy them, and if I feel like trying for it, I try. I wouldn't drop a significant amount unless I really wanted the Champ, and even then, it's just a chance.
    Side Note: Bought one since I'm on my way out the door. Landed a 4* Gambit. I may buy a few more in the next couple days, but Grinding is the only semi-guarantee.

my bad i should have stated its for a five star, four stars i have more than enough
  • Thechamp8556Thechamp8556 Posts: 33
    Apache wrote: »
    im a little stubborn and figured i might as well go for 0/14 and make it a nice even number
    No don't quit continue to spend
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Might aswell stop on 15...
  • JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    You could have had 6.5 5* chances more by not going for the featured. I would stop.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Features or bust! I'm on a cold streak, missed last 5. But you'll be so pumped when you hit!
    No don't quit continue to spend

I stopped spending just for the reason of my cold streak and basically barely playing now since I have no motivation
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    My situation isn't as dire as yours. I'm 0/3 on featured 5* champs. But until I can get a worthwhile 5* champ to help my prestige, I'm dead in the water. I have to keep farming 5* shards, then cross my fingers that the RNG gods will bless me with something I can actually use. I have 12 5* champs right now. The only one that's worth anything (Star Lord) is already r4. The game has suddenly slowed to a crawl. I'm stuck until they give me a little bit of good luck.
    spumington wrote: »
    My situation isn't as dire as yours. I'm 0/3 on featured 5* champs. But until I can get a worthwhile 5* champ to help my prestige, I'm dead in the water. I have to keep farming 5* shards, then cross my fingers that the RNG gods will bless me with something I can actually use. I have 12 5* champs right now. The only one that's worth anything (Star Lord) is already r4. The game has suddenly slowed to a crawl. I'm stuck until they give me a little bit of good luck.

Sucks man. Hope your luck isn't as worse as mine and you don't get to the point where I'm at and just play casually and not expecting much from this game

Sucks man. Hope your luck isn't as worse as mine and you don't get to the point where I'm at and just play casually and not expecting much from this game

You've given me a little bit of hope though. When I go 0/4 on featured crystals, at least I can say to myself, "Well, it could be worse. At least you're not Apache."
    Had a friend go 0/5 on cable. He then pulled Phoenix, Voodoo, and Gwenpool over the next few months. Chin up, fellas

You've given me a little bit of hope though. When I go 0/4 on featured crystals, at least I can say to myself, "Well, it could be worse. At least you're not Apache."

lol that's the spirit
  • AtlasAtlas Posts: 34
    i am at 3/9 now. Went for
    nc 1/2
    Voodoo 2/5
    Nebula 0/1
    Carnage 0/1
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    I went 1/2 on dormamu. Now, i am going all basic since they are adding new 5* to basic. Besides I have no T2 alpha left and none in sight so no rush to get the top tier 5*. I can wait until they come out in basic.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Who did you get instead? I was lucky (unlucky) enough to get Carnage... and my first impression is that he sucks.

You might have dodged a bullet.
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Who did you get instead? I was lucky (unlucky) enough to get Carnage... and my first impression is that he sucks.

You might have dodged a bullet.

Last one I got was hulk buster. I haven't pulled this time (only at 5k five star shards) since I dropped to a lower alliance where I'm barely getting five star shards. I'm kind of on the road out I guess
  • ARKANG3L_2099ARKANG3L_2099 Posts: 129
    I opened 6 of them.
    On the 6th it landed on 4* Carnage then as it bursts open i only got a 3* Cable.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    0/12 quake
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    It definitely seems harder to dupe now with a larger pool of basics...
    We are Told (I stress Told because we don't know and have to go by what they say) that the chance to get the feature is fixed no matter how many basics are available. So the first filter is if you get the feature, then it goes through a filter to see if you get sub-feature (if yes, then choose champ), then goes to the basic pool.
    edited June 2017
    Immortal wrote: »
    It definitely seems harder to dupe now with a larger pool of basics...

This is one of the unfortunate side effects of adding new champions every couple of weeks.
  • eteodoro7eteodoro7 Posts: 17
    I think with more heroes in 5-star crystal it's extremely difficult to duplicate one. I opened 5 crystals today and got only useless heroes. My suggestion is a trading system ...

Save your shards until one happy happy day we get us a 5* awakening gem. Pop all your shards on a featured of the class of your awakening gem.

I did that. I'm still sitting on a mystic awakening gem.
    Save your shards until one happy happy day we get us a 5* awakening gem. Pop all your shards on a featured of the class of your awakening gem.

I did that. I'm still sitting on a mystic awakening gem.

hope you have a few hundred saved up for that offer
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    This is one good reason why I won't lay a finger on a 5* featured crystal, not worth the risk for a chance at the 5* featured by sacrificing 5000 more 5* shards
    it seems all risk/reward obviously. I've opened all features, and I have voodoo/crossbones/cable/Falcon to show for it. It's a much more unique and fun lineup to me, I have champs that most players never had a shot at (though they will soon).
    I also have antman/MK/mags/duped rhino (among others) and I paid a premium for them. I'm okay with that chance, it's the only thing I look forward to right now in the game.
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    it seems all risk/reward obviously. I've opened all features, and I have voodoo/crossbones/cable/Falcon to show for it. It's a much more unique and fun lineup to me, I have champs that most players never had a shot at (though they will soon).
    I also have antman/MK/mags/duped rhino (among others) and I paid a premium for them. I'm okay with that chance, it's the only thing I look forward to right now in the game.
    Mikeself9 wrote: »

See what you said a fun lineup. That's why I go for features mostly. A new fun character for me to use and rank.