**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does BPCW have an Unstoppable Effect?

dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
I know that BPCW has the counter stun deal whenever he has an armor effect up. That's not what I'm referring to.

Instead, I was doing the boss in the 4th wing of the challenge event, using my 5* Hypy, and I nailed him with a SP2 that triggered a stun. I know that stuns from specials don't trigger BPCW's counter, so I went in and hit him with a combo, and knowing that standard AI with no masteries would be stunned long enough to do either a second combo, or a heavy, I elected to do a heavy to try to build a few fury stacks.

Instead, I watched what looked like the Unstoppable buff trigger rapidly on BPCW, and he launched into me mid heavy. I checked his node buffs, didn't see anything, and I wasn't aware that the standard BPCW had such a thing.

So what caused this?

Comments

• WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    elgwze8z3y74.png

His Sig it flashes as unstoppable when he absorbs the attack

I believe its only with heavy attacks!
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Doh, so it is! I've never used a heavy on him before, due the nature of parries to setup the heavy against him being dangerous, so I guess I never encountered that before. And since Hypy's heavy is a flurry of punches, that explains why I saw the buff flash about 3 or 4 times.

Silly me!

Well, lessons learned, and I'll keep that in mind next runs and just combo his face off.
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    dkatryl wrote: »
    Doh, so it is! I've never used a heavy on him before, due the nature of parries to setup the heavy against him being dangerous, so I guess I never encountered that before. And since Hypy's heavy is a flurry of punches, that explains why I saw the buff flash about 3 or 4 times.

Silly me!

Well, lessons learned, and I'll keep that in mind next runs and just combo his face off.

LOL, no worries and great plan!!!!