**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* champs & their Sig ability scaling

Hoping that someone at kabam reads this.

But to the point.
I have observed that some 5* champs sig ablities doesnt scale at all compared to their 4* counterparts, while some champs sig scale enourmously.

Lets take a look at few examples here.
First is Magik
2tdc357acg2q.pngpckfhwa72vm3.png
A 4* Sig 99 magik will have a 100% multiplied chance to proc limbo.
But a 5* sig 200 magik, will only initially hit the same 100% mark.
Shouldnt this scale to be like 150%-200% or so?

Next we have Hyperion.
qhu06hpjebnz.jpg
8kqrlws0z77b.png

A 4* sig 99 Hyperion will hit a50% longer buff duration.
But a 5* sig 40 will surpass that at such a low sig and will already hit 72% longer buff duration.

So as we see Magiks sig doesnt scale at all as a 5* champ, but Hyperions sig scaled enormously.

Why is it like that? Shouldnt all 5* champs sig scald to be bigger that their 4* counterparts?
Wasnt that the whole point of going from sig99 to sig200?
Or did their prestiqe change when you made these changes?

Dont know about other champs. Or is this just a problem with the old/OG champs?

Would be nice if a mod would clarify this.

Comments

• TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    It’s probably because they’re ranked differently. The 4* Hyperion is R3 and the 5* is rank 4?

My rank 5 4* hyperion sig 99 is also 50%

To the op the 5* magik has a base25% chance compared to the 4* which is 20% so even though the sig level increase shows a lower % when it is an increase of the initial higher % value it is higher
  • Dude. The reason 5* go to 200 isnt to make them scale more. It is to make them harder to scale. Every level in a 4* sig is 2 in 5* sig. So lvl 100 5* is equivalent lvl 50 4*. The 200 is to make it harder to get better sig
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Hoping that someone at kabam reads this.

But to the point.
    I have observed that some 5* champs sig ablities doesnt scale at all compared to their 4* counterparts, while some champs sig scale enourmously.

Lets take a look at few examples here.
    First is Magik
    2tdc357acg2q.pngpckfhwa72vm3.png
    A 4* Sig 99 magik will have a 100% multiplied chance to proc limbo.
    But a 5* sig 200 magik, will only initially hit the same 100% mark.
    Shouldnt this scale to be like 150%-200% or so?

Next we have Hyperion.
    qhu06hpjebnz.jpg
    8kqrlws0z77b.png

A 4* sig 99 Hyperion will hit a50% longer buff duration.
    But a 5* sig 40 will surpass that at such a low sig and will already hit 72% longer buff duration.

So as we see Magiks sig doesnt scale at all as a 5* champ, but Hyperions sig scaled enormously.

Why is it like that? Shouldnt all 5* champs sig scald to be bigger that their 4* counterparts?
    Wasnt that the whole point of going from sig99 to sig200?
    Or did their prestiqe change when you made these changes?

Dont know about other champs. Or is this just a problem with the old/OG champs?

Would be nice if a mod would clarify this.

This question has come up many times in the past. (not knocking you for posting it, as it has been a long time since I have seen one of these threads)
    In the past, mods have explained that the scaling quirks are intentional to account for the higher base attack/health of 5*s.
    (not saying it is right or wrong, just saying that has been the response)
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Dude. The reason 5* go to 200 isnt to make them scale more. It is to make them harder to scale. Every level in a 4* sig is 2 in 5* sig. So lvl 100 5* is equivalent lvl 50 4*. The 200 is to make it harder to get better sig

Explain Hyperion then
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Dude. The reason 5* go to 200 isnt to make them scale more. It is to make them harder to scale. Every level in a 4* sig is 2 in 5* sig. So lvl 100 5* is equivalent lvl 50 4*. The 200 is to make it harder to get better sig

Explain Hyperion then

This is exactly my point, why some champs scale but others dont?
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291

Another example is DV
    As a 4* sig99 he will hit 100% buff/debuff duration
    But as a 5* sig200 he will reach 125% buff/debuff duration.

So my question stands, why some champs abilitys scale and some dont?
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Ok clearly I didn't explain well enough for you to understand
    In the magik example you have given the chance for the 5* to trigger limbo at 1 bar is .25×1.9132=0.4783
    So a 47.83% chance to trigger
    For the 4* it is .2×1.9842=0.39684
    So a 39.684% chance to trigger
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    At max sig, some 5*s have identical sigs as their 4* counterparts while some champs have a better sig. It's upto Kabam to decide what they'll do with the 5* sigs. No specific reason for choosing to do so
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Wow. Intriguingly interested.