**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I go for Blade?

Captain_2goodCaptain_2good Posts: 145
edited January 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Hey all! So so far I’ve only opened four 5* Crystals. The luck has been decent so far. I’ve gotten Hulk, Symbiote Spider-Man, Dormammu, and Doctor Voodoo in that order. As of right now I’m sitting at a little over 7800 5* Shards. I should be able to get enough shards for one shot at Blade by the time he comes out. So, my question is, do I take the chance and go for Blade? Or should I focus on expanding my roster first? I wasn’t planning on going for him, but with the upcoming changes to the 5* Featured Crystal it’s pretty much now or never. I’m currently Level 47 and exploring Act 4, if you are wondering. Anyways, I really appreciate any advice you may have, and thanks in advance!

Captain

Should I go for Blade? 49 votes

Go for one shot at Blade
63%
GamerRagamugginGunnerVavasourBigMoSpity68Fireballs5Jets44TonyStarkBuckeyeKPSuperman69Zane22LambertSnaggleShaheerFIazvinniegainzIronBlaze09PandamanTanSgtAnime1AhitlawCurtleTurtle 31 votes
Don’t go for Blade, it’s not worth the risk/Expand your roster with Basics
36%
2StarKingVision_41unknownHeroBoltsySpeedbumpRandom_NoobGAM3RGUYTheMageHunterFoxhero007JohnyzeroZiprianoSpiritOfVengeanceNiteAndDaeBobomanTheHoodedDormammuXFA_RebootedGladiator09Fook_u_kabam 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    Go for one shot at Blade
    I know this is a poll, but I would also really appreciate if you could give a little bit of insight as to why you chose what you did :)
  • Options
    GAM3RGUYGAM3RGUY Posts: 203
    Don’t go for Blade, it’s not worth the risk/Expand your roster with Basics
    U see for blade u need to have him duped and u need GR and SE to get his best use u need him on a decent rank as well so in order to gain his crit rate on sp2 but in basics I don't think even a Luke cage would be bad
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Go for one shot at Blade
    He does not need to be duped <<<this is the deciding factor for me on whether to go for the featured champ or not. But he will need spark + GR for synergies, but even 3*s will work.

However, I am one to believe that there is no point to pulling 5*s unless they will advance your roster. A high duped 4* @5/50 would be much more useful for you than a 5* unduped that is only good when duped. Blade does not need to be duped.

I used mostly 4/40s for act4 and to be uncollected. Started getting 5/50s and continued act5. I have only gone for featured crystals. Fast forward and I have 5* spark, blade, and even a duped medusa (took me 4 or 5 shots to pull and dupe). Has my luck been good? I think so considering i am 4/12 on featureds or 25%, which is greater than the presumed 20% chance at featureds.

The basic pool is so large that I would rather pay the extra 5k shards for a high chance at getting a 5* that will advance my roster even unduped.
  • Options
    Go for one shot at Blade
    He does not need to be duped <<<this is the deciding factor for me on whether to go for the featured champ or not. But he will need spark + GR for synergies, but even 3*s will work.

However, I am one to believe that there is no point to pulling 5*s unless they will advance your roster. A high duped 4* @5/50 would be much more useful for you than a 5* unduped that is only good when duped. Blade does not need to be duped.

I used mostly 4/40s for act4 and to be uncollected. Started getting 5/50s and continued act5. I have only gone for featured crystals. Fast forward and I have 5* spark, blade, and even a duped medusa (took me 4 or 5 shots to pull and dupe). Has my luck been good? I think so considering i am 4/12 on featureds or 25%, which is greater than the presumed 20% chance at featureds.

The basic pool is so large that I would rather pay the extra 5k shards for a high chance at getting a 5* that will advance my roster even unduped.

Thanks for the advice! As of right now I’m sorta leaning towards taking the chance and going for him. Also, I used 2 4/40’s and 3 3/30’s when I first completed Act 4, which was a little over a month ago. I just recently finished exploring Chapter 1. Exploration takes foreverrrr. My current Questing team is 5/50 SL, 4/40 Voodoo, and 4/40 Gwenpool. The remaining spots are usually filled with whoever I got left after AQ and AW champs are placed. So, it would be nice if I could get another god tier to add to the Questing team. Do you think I should start Act 5 completion? Or should I wait until I have a full team of 5/50’s like you did? Thanks again!

Captain
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Go for one shot at Blade

Thanks for the advice! As of right now I’m sorta leaning towards taking the chance and going for him. Also, I used 2 4/40’s and 3 3/30’s when I first completed Act 4, which was a little over a month ago. I just recently finished exploring Chapter 1. Exploration takes foreverrrr. My current Questing team is 5/50 SL, 4/40 Voodoo, and 4/40 Gwenpool. The remaining spots are usually filled with whoever I got left after AQ and AW champs are placed. So, it would be nice if I could get another god tier to add to the Questing team. Do you think I should start Act 5 completion? Or should I wait until I have a full team of 5/50’s like you did? Thanks again!

Captain

You should try to push to become uncollected, it can be done with 4/40s. Act 5.3 is not too terrible to do one run through, however I do recommend a very diverse roster as each subchapter willl reduce the attack of every class but one. Act 5.4 I was able to do an initial run through with 5/50s and 3/45s. Oddly enough I spent significantly less potions to do 5.3 and 5.4 than the collector. While having a better roster did help, just be prepared to dump units on the collector (honestly still think hes the hardest boss of all of act5).

Definately do uncollected before 100% act 4 imo
    The daily crystals and 4hr ones really add up so the sooner you start getting those the better.
  • Options
    Go for one shot at Blade

[/quote]

You should try to push to become uncollected, it can be done with 4/40s. Act 5.3 is not too terrible to do one run through, however I do recommend a very diverse roster as each subchapter willl reduce the attack of every class but one. Act 5.4 I was able to do an initial run through with 5/50s and 3/45s. Oddly enough I spent significantly less potions to do 5.3 and 5.4 than the collector. While having a better roster did help, just be prepared to dump units on the collector (honestly still think hes the hardest boss of all of act5).

Definately do uncollected before 100% act 4 imo
    The daily crystals and 4hr ones really add up so the sooner you start getting those the better.[/quote]

Should I start my journey to becoming uncollected now with 5/50 SL and 4 4/40’s?