**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

END STAR DESIGNATIONS FOR CHAMPIONS

2»

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    To late to introduce this kind of system, how do you compensate a player that's spent 3 years under the current system ranking and levelling 1-5* champs?

This is also what I was kinda getting at. I, and many other players will straight up quit if our years of hard work and cash spent means nothing, in order to appease a new audience who decides they don't like the style of the game that we like and have invested so much because we like it just fine.

They don't mean anything anyway as we never even use our 1/2/3* and soon to be 4*
  • YotzYotz Posts: 117
    Everyone bashing on the newb for having a fresh perspective. It would absolutely be better for us the players to not have multiple champions of different star levels, but it's not good for the long term money machine that this game is. If we were to simply rank champions to other star levels, we wouldn't be spinning crystals for new champions, and kabam would have to be designing many more champions for a much larger roster. More expenses, less income. At the end of the day, if kabam makes money, the game stays alive, we get to keep playing.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Lol
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    I do hear what everyone is saying however with 6*'s coming in to the game is it not time to get rid of the 1*champs and move the 2 *'s to the daily crystal and make the Phc and featured crystals min 3*'s with a chance for 4&5* champions for everyone in the veteran bracket they could do this as they have already with the uncollected crystals this would be a lot fairer because come on who still uses there 2*'s anyway.
    I know I will be moaned at for these suggestions but remember the only way to get 6* shards is to be completing act 5 or duping 5* champions but they won't drop the amount of shards for a crystal and are not giving as many as they really should if they want player to get these new champions just my thoughts on this matter.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    I see your point. But part of this game is the excitement of being one of the first with a new champ with said stars. So if 6 star Blade comes out, those of us who saved up shards and getting him can be more excited about it. If every one already has Blade then nothing exciting Bout it.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Yea it doesn’t make sense that Kabam choose not to go with a shard system.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    I see your point. But part of this game is the excitement of being one of the first with a new champ with said stars. So if 6 star Blade comes out, those of us who saved up shards and getting him can be more excited about it. If every one already has Blade then nothing exciting Bout it.

They were also excited about being the first to have a 5* 5/65. Let's face it, it was ridiculous seeing T5B as a rank up material and having no way of getting it.

To be honest, I would have liked to have seen them extend 5* champs, so you get 6/75 before we saw 6* champs. We fall in love with our favourite champs and casting them aside for a newer model once they can't be ranked any further makes all that time and effort going to ranking them up seem like a waste. I know that it's not the case because you needed 2*s to get 3*, 3*s to get 4*s and so forth.

@gypsyfrank I don't disagree with the sentiment, but this cash cow is based on planned obsolescence. Crystal pulling for champs is the exciting reward for grinding, not pulling catalysts.

• xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited January 2018
    Never gonna happen. The very best players made the company money but then the ceiling hit, so introduce new harder content, would be standard policy to help grease open those wallets

You can't even imagine how much money those crappy 2 star make kabam. Why does the reel exist? It's called Gamblers Fate. False hope of maybe something better even though result is already determined.

The less 2* the quicker people advance, the less money spent, some people don't have patience to waste hours upon hours per week grinding so they spend.

Why as a new player are you complaining? I remember 2 years ago, those times were tough now the new players generally get the newest most omni Champs immediately, reasoning is to hook them. It's standard business practice. No matter what you say, it has no voice until people stop paying. This game generates over $2 million a day, so clearly many people don't care. Especially the credit card fraud kings
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    When have 1* been in premium crystals

Only question I got
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    To late to introduce this kind of system, how do you compensate a player that's spent 3 years under the current system ranking and levelling 1-5* champs?

This is also what I was kinda getting at. I, and many other players will straight up quit if our years of hard work and cash spent means nothing, in order to appease a new audience who decides they don't like the style of the game that we like and have invested so much because we like it just fine.

They don't mean anything anyway as we never even use our 1/2/3* and soon to be 4*

I seriously doubt 4*s will be obsolete any time soon. Amd i still use my maxed 3*s quite regularly.

The whole 6* hype hasn't hit me at all. I won't pay them any kind of mind until I have enough shards for 3 of them. My 4* r4 and 5 and my 5*s are what I'm focused on. Personally, I think they are introducing 6*s way too early, should have waited at least another 1.5-2 yrs. But that's just my opinion.
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    Never been in the phc but they are in the daily crystal but are still obsolete and need to be retired