**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Archangel and magnetism [Not A Bug]

beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
edited January 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Shortly after Archangel was launched I remember a bug fix that specified Kabam was changing Archangel to be "metallic". The main purpose of this was to make him less effective against Magneto.

And I think I saw that working at some point, but I am pretty sure Magnetism doesn't affect Archangel, unless the icon is not displaying.

So, am I misremembering this? Can Archangel be affected by magnetism? Could it be a display bug?

It is odd because there are champions like Black Panther and Captain America that should be metallic as well (not sure about Vibranium, but Cap's shield is an alloy with Iron).

Otherwise, I do not see the advantage of having Magneto sometimes.
I think in any case, when a hero is metallic, Magneto should be able to attract or repel the hero. Perhaps a buff is in place?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    Pretty Sure not man.
  • Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    AA is immune to ability accuracy reduction, so Magneto's magnetism has no effect on him.
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    AA is immune to ability accuracy reduction, so Magneto's magnetism has no effect on him.

In that case it should have some kind of visual cue like "Immune". Or show the icon in grey (as sometimes the number of debuffs applied affects the outcome of a battle).

I know this doesn't really need to be logical... but Magneto was able to rip Apocalypse apart... and I understand Warren's wings are made of the same element.

So, does that mean the immunity is part of this "version" of Archangel's mutant powers?
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    When AA was "magnetized" several months ago, it was reported as a bug since his ability accuracy cannot be reduced. The "easy" fix was to essentially remove the magnetism altogether instead of creating a one-off non-debuff.

Essentially, he's reported as bugged if he is magetized, and also bugged if he isn't.
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Hey folks. Just stepping in to confirm that Archangel can not be magnetized because his Ability Accuracy can not be reduced. Since this is not a Bug, I'm going to close out the thread. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.