**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Block dropping

I am holding block and activating regen on Blade and he just starts walking to the middle of the fight. My finger never moved. Again in the same fight I am holding block and it drops and I get combo'd in to oblivion.

AQ middle section Crossbones fight
iPad Pro iOS 11.1.2

Comments

• StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Something similar happened to me a few months ago.
    Holding block and the champs wouldnt block but got hit or started walking forward. I saw it on one of seatin's live streams too. A restart of game worked for me.

I haven't had that bug in a long while. I assumed kabam had fixed it.
  • spaceoakspaceoak Posts: 139
    Str wrote: »
    Something similar happened to me a few months ago.
    Holding block and the champs wouldnt block but got hit or started walking forward. I saw it on one of seatin's live streams too. A restart of game worked for me.

I haven't had that bug in a long while. I assumed kabam had fixed it.

I had the same problem a few months ago as well. I hadn't seen it in months as well until today.
  • spaceoakspaceoak Posts: 139
    Kabam is aware that drop blocks have been an issue the past few months.

According to the mods: “it’s become more difficult than they expected to fix this issue, and they hope we can stay patient”
    Same with computer AI recovery speed.

I have been tracking all those problems. I can fight 100's of fights with no problems. Then video performance and user input seams to not work properly when you get into a fight with an AI that is moving extremely fast and recovering quickly. It is almost as if the AI thread is hogging all the resources and the video output and user input can't get enough resources to do their jobs (hint, hint, hint). Hence the lag, missed parries, missed intercepts, and dropped blocks. Balancing resources and CPU time can be a very complicated problem to debug, but when you get it balanced correctly everything just seams to work correctly. Sometimes you need to hire an outside expert in multi-threaded programming in the environment you are using (unity?) to help get it right (hint, hint, hint).

I have seen your name posting in a bunch of these threads. Thanks for the update.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Its a Bug, its a major issue. ( I have same problem not with blade tho)
  • JstewJstew Posts: 46
    Same issue with iPad air. Some improvement since upgrade but still happening enough to be very annoying
  • JeepettiJeepetti Posts: 79
    Just had this happen to me for the first time. I was literally left with my mouth hanging open in disbelief as my blade got absolutely steam rolled after attempting a regen in no way expecting it to just drop... ouchie
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Yea It's been happening for months now, it's a pretty annoying one that's being compounded by other blocking bugs and combat bugs that are just snowballing into each other and they just don't know how to fix it.

• JstewJstew Posts: 46
    Yea It's been happening for months now, it's a pretty annoying one that's being compounded by other blocking bugs and combat bugs that are just snowballing into each other and they just don't know how to fix it.

Yeah I am not buying into the conspiracy theory it is by design to get us to spend. More likely they do not know how to fix it like you suggest.
  • Kabam didn't fix that because its still happening to me, now its worse. Plus I cant gain power during combos
  • P.S this blocking issue is just not on iPads, it is there on all the devices out there! Game is becoming unplayable for me sometimes. Happens a lot in AQ and AW. Arena’s seem to be ok. Why only higher days of AQ/AW and the tougher content in the game?