**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unevadable specials

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I could make a pretty good argument that we take significantly less block damage now than we did pre 12.0... no more crits though block...
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I think we take much less block damage as well. I'm practicing for an LOL run and rh barely does anything with blocked hits on my 4* sl
  • Options
    PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    edited June 2017
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    @PhillyEaglesS I take the path in aw with the unblockable sp2. My alliance is top 50 in aw and has been in tier 1 a long time. I know what I'm talking about. I don't bring in regen champs because they are usless in aw except for voodoo. I also run map 6 at least twice a week in aq. Without regen champs you will take damage in aq just from parries

That's the path I run as well and let's just say there's a big difference between champs/rank you see top 50 and champs you see top 10-20.

And let's just say have fun in LoL against champs you can't evade specials, it's a blast :)
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    I could make a pretty good argument that we take significantly less block damage now than we did pre 12.0... no more crits though block...
    Fair point. But my opinion on unevadable specials remains the same
  • Options
    I bet LOL will be a blast. I love challenging content that tests my skills. I know I can't evade certain specials and that's alright with me
  • Options

Yeah I'm not a fan of unavoidable damage either but I think the larger issue now is all the limbo/cold snap/degen **** they keep cramming into the game. I feel like the champs that have an unevadable special usually have 1 that is evadable so I can typically game plan and get around the damage, but with **** like limbo there is little to no counter.
  • Options

Yeah I'm not a fan of unavoidable damage either but I think the larger issue now is all the limbo/cold snap/degen **** they keep cramming into the game. I feel like the champs that have an unevadable special usually have 1 that is evadable so I can typically game plan and get around the damage, but with **** like limbo there is little to no counter.

Punisher and collector don't.
  • Options

I did type "usually" didn't I... coulda sworn I used that word right..

1.5 champs out of the 20 or 30 that have this problem is hardly anything to **** about.
  • Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Have you tried using OG Daredevil?

If you play at high tiers good luck having success with him. Using maxed 4* against champs is like trying to knock down a brick wall with a wet noodle. Yes, there's specific 4* that are useful even with the very low comparable damage output, but Daredevil does not fit that criteria. I haven't seen one of those in AW in ages, for good reason.

At no point OP hasn't mention AW on first. I thought we were discussing general content.

AW is a different story. Though Kabam knows OG DD would be a choice for AW... reason why he is left out, out the new 5*
  • Options

1.5 champs out of the 20 or 30 that have this problem is hardly anything to **** about.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be provocative. I'm just annoyed that this problem exists when it really shouldn't. Again apologies if I came across a certain way.
    I think 1/20 is a problem. 20 fights in a quest, even one of them in act 5.2 if you come up against them you're losing a couple of champs to unavoidable damage.

Especially collector. When I fight him, 9/10 times I get KO by his soecial 1 through my block. That shouldn't be how it is
  • Options

Sorry I wasn't trying to be provocative. I'm just annoyed that this problem exists when it really shouldn't. Again apologies if I came across a certain way.
    I think 1/20 is a problem. 20 fights in a quest, even one of them in act 5.2 if you come up against them you're losing a couple of champs to unavoidable damage.

Especially collector. When I fight him, 9/10 times I get KO by his soecial 1 through my block. That shouldn't be how it is

Yeah I get it. It's frustrating to lose fights and use items for content that seems like it's designed to give us no fighting chance. I'm guilty of getting irritated and coming here and **** too. It happens. I just don't share your sentiment that this is a major issue. If you want to say "unavoidable damage" is an issue as a whole then I'll jump aboard that all day, but with the removal of crits through blocks, the damage from unevadable specials just seems minuscule in comparison to me.
  • Options
    wrote: »

I guess unevadable specials come under the umbrella term of unavoidable damage. Since you can't avoid damage from WS L2 (yes I know daredevil, but technically magik limbo is avoidable, psylocke can keep her at 0 power or elektra can reduce ability etc)
  • Options

I guess unevadable specials come under the umbrella term of unavoidable damage. Since you can't avoid damage from WS L2 (yes I know daredevil, but technically magik limbo is avoidable, psylocke can keep her at 0 power or elektra can reduce ability etc)

I'm not sure what happened to my post but you are right. There are some counters out there but not enough.
  • Options

I'm not sure what happened to my post but you are right. There are some counters out there but not enough.

Not sure either, said something about BBcode not being copied. Ah well.

I don't think it's that there are too little counters, I think there shouldn't be a need for counters for unavoidable damage in the first place. Although failing that more counters wouldn't go amiss
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    WS you can evade the last half of his barrage so you won't eat all of it, dash block wait dash.

Punisher's SA1 you can evade all of it, triple dash. His SA2 might be the same as WS where you can evade the last portion of the barrage.

Yondu you can evade all of it. Watch the rectile at your feet.

But really like other champions, WM Falcon and AV, the best option is power management so you do not face those specials as often.

Collector is just on crack though....but I did see DDD evade the first half of his SA1 on his live stream. So with timing you should be able to evade all of it.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Actually punishers 1 special can be evaded, takes a lot of practice but I've done it quite a few times now
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,769 ★★★★★
    I agree with OP if taking a helicopter view on the state of the game evolution.

Shortly after I joined, there was the willpower nerf (I don't know if that was the first nerf), but it was certainly a massive one, and then the perfect block nerf and then the Dr Strange and many others nerf.

So for players pre-willpower nerf, the game is heading at unsatisfactory state because the content are getting harder via removing, I don't know what word to use. It may be something like, start with a steel sword and steel shield, then it becomes wood sword and wood shield, then whatever flimsiest material to shape like a sword and shield.

For the newer players and don't know what it means to play with willpower (pre-nerf mastery), perfect block, champion synergies etc, and entering into the state of game where taking damage is the norm, I can see the different view taken.

That was the reason for the frustration that the game is possibly heading back to the initial state via the introductions of gears which the Mods say no such thing or did they?

To take unavoidable damage is unfair.
    If I have a champ with 100 health, I should be allowed to have a fair fighting chance, if I can block without damage and evade any special 1 or 2 (shudders that opponent may start with 3 bars of power) and perhaps win because of skill.
    Now, if my opponent is Iceman, I have zero chance because of his cold snap.

Well ... that is the state of the game now.

• Options
    I was around before all the nerfs and I took damage during quests but I could still finish them without items
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    That brings up a question I have. Is there a planned power plateau? Or are the New Champions just going to keep going up and up in power and number of buffs? And when some of these counters to a buff are introduced...is it necessary for every new champ to have it? Since She Hulk and maybe before suddenly no one can be stunned Each new generation of champs seems to cancel out any of the advantages the older champs and existing skill builds gives a summoner.
  • Options
    GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    I thought Yondu's sp2 is evadable, I dodged the missiles few times maybe I'm wrong
  • Options
    Gunzo wrote: »
    I thought Yondu's sp2 is evadable, I dodged the missiles few times maybe I'm wrong

I faced his L2 about 10 times and couldn't manage it. But I think it's like NC where it hits you wherever you are in the arena unless you evade immediately before. So I gotta sort out the timing.
  • Options
    GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Hmm okay, some of my friends also have problem with Storm's sp2, is it really hard to dodge?
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    Unavoidable damage is an BLATANTLY OBVIOUS MONEY GRAB. I promise you I have noticed the trend.....then there's collector lmao. Absolutely ridiculous. I believe, even if it's a one in a million lucky evade, you should give some way to manage attacks. You shouldn't make specials like that because it's shady, cheap, and undermines the skill required to play against difficult champs like collector. There is no skill that I have seen that makes one difference against him. You fight for 19 seconds, get hit with the craziest degen I have ever seen, or get hit with unavoidable special, or a number of other **** that requires only units. Give the champs a unit throw ability that deals damage according to the amount of units thrown. At least then it would be transparent. Shameful

Like iceman. Fight an iceman in 5.1 and take almost half health without getting hit. It's stupid.
  • Options
    smdam38 wrote: »
    Unavoidable damage is an BLATANTLY OBVIOUS MONEY GRAB. I promise you I have noticed the trend.....then there's collector lmao. Absolutely ridiculous. I believe, even if it's a one in a million lucky evade, you should give some way to manage attacks. You shouldn't make specials like that because it's shady, cheap, and undermines the skill required to play against difficult champs like collector. There is no skill that I have seen that makes one difference against him. You fight for 19 seconds, get hit with the craziest degen I have ever seen, or get hit with unavoidable special, or a number of other **** that requires only units. Give the champs a unit throw ability that deals damage according to the amount of units thrown. At least then it would be transparent. Shameful

Like iceman. Fight an iceman in 5.1 and take almost half health without getting hit. It's stupid.

That's what i brought up. Half health without getting hit? Naw, that's total bs.
  • Options
    Lol, i quoted myself.
  • Options
    Did you forget to log into the account you were trying to use to back yourself up?