**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

#Reduce5StarCrystalCosts

Seriously nothing needs to happen more than this especially with the insane amount of champions that will be introduced into the champion pool. I get not wanting players to have all the things but this is getting absurd to keep hindering players who want good champs especially at the 5* level only for that once a month crystal to yield yet another trash champion and everyone knows which champs are desirable and which champs are well not. I mean seriously at this point I would rather have an item to upgrade my 4*s into 5*s rather than keep gambling hoping to get a good 5* cause heaven forbid I get to make use of an awakening gem or get a champion worthy of those precious T2 alpha cats I still have sitting collecting dust I mean seriously none of this are worth rank 4 by any means or even rank 3 for that matter...
c7m8ob1ozbs6.jpg

Comments

• Options
    eteodoro7eteodoro7 Posts: 17
    I have the same problem... How to dupe a hero now?
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Two years in and I'm 50 shards short of my second 5*

I would welcome a cost reduction.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It going to happen. Will be a lot of complaining since some people have saved a lot of shards and will get more crystals because of it
  • Options
    Second? I've played for 14 months and have 11
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Perhaps he doesn't play as much as you? I'm two years in, play an hour a day, and I've just got my third 5*. Which was Patriot. What a let down :/
  • Options
    That sucks man. Just seems like it takes forever for you guys to get a 5*. Do you war very much?
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Lol it does take forever. About four months between drinks :'(
  • Options
    No regular war for me. Actually, just placed defenders yesterday for our second war in 12 months and second ever lol.

Should probably do it more often.

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    One year in and 13 5*s, 7 duped.

Just be diligent.
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Holy **** you guys have 5*s?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    I don't think you guys can openly admit you barely play while simultaneously complaining you can't get rewards. It's not that you can't get them quickly, you can, if you play. Shards are readily available literally every where in the game.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Drizzits wrote: »
    I don't think you guys can openly admit you barely play while simultaneously complaining you can't get rewards. It's not that you can't get them quickly, you can, if you play. Shards are readily available literally every where in the game.
    I don't play the game "barely" but play the game is not my full job/life and I cannot play always 14 hours/day.

If I play and get every shards available for me, I will get one basic 5* each 4 months.
    I could guess I'll be not happy if I get a ****-champ for that work and time invested.

Some people here can pay mercs while they're resting or doing whatever, but I'll not do it.
  • Options
    If you play aw. That requires 10 minutes a day tops and you get shards
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    I think the real solution is to add more 5* shards to the rewards. AW rewards need to be overhauled badly, I can get more 5* shards from arena on my own every three days then I get with my entire alliance in two wars which takes 4 days. Also, I think it's time rank rewards for all alliance events get looked at. I mean 50-150 red shards for ranking in top 50% to top 3 overall for events like arena combat, completion, perfect series and item use is nothing. That needs to be increased significantly.
  • Options
    And where do you think they make their money? oh ya that's right, in the arenas. NOT AW
  • Options
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I don't play the game "barely" but play the game is not my full job/life and I cannot play always 14 hours/day.

If I play and get every shards available for me, I will get one basic 5* each 4 months.
    I could guess I'll be not happy if I get a ****-champ for that work and time invested.

Some people here can pay mercs while they're resting or doing whatever, but I'll not do it.

I literally just did all the math on this in another post. From arenas and aw alone you can earn over 4k 5* shards PER WEEK. And when I factored that in, it was only featured arena. Didn't even think of the basic arena.
    It also didn't count duplicate 4*s.
    I personally play a couple hours a day, maybe (it's not even really play, since I don't grind arena much, I'm just active with my alliance), and easily function with in a higher tier ally.

And even then, what's your point? That people who play more than you shouldn't get more for the extra effort they're putting in? How does that actually make sense?
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Speedbump wrote: »
    And where do you think they make their money? oh ya that's right, in the arenas. NOT AW

You don't know what you're talking about. AW at high levels require potions and revives, maps are full of NC, Magik, Iceman
  • Options
    You don't have to use items though
  • Options
    Why so that we find 5*s on every node in AW? come on, if you want 5* shards that badly work for them!
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I literally just did all the math on this in another post. From arenas and aw alone you can earn over 4k 5* shards PER WEEK. And when I factored that in, it was only featured arena. Didn't even think of the basic arena.
    I personally play a couple hours a day, maybe (it's not even really play, since I don't grind arena much, I'm just active with my alliance), and easily function with in a higher tier ally.
    OK, I want look your maths, but if you're counting ranking in feature 4* arena I can guess you're living in the clouds.
    Sure everyone can have life/job/college and make 15mil twice every week (for shards for a IP 5*).
    And even then, what's your point? That people who play more than you shouldn't get more for the extra effort they're putting in? How does that actually make sense?
    I'm not the one wanting the rest should be screwed "because they not have my wonderful life and playstyle 24/7".
    I'm the one supporting the idea more for everyone.

If they reduce the crystals cost, it's for everyone, and those that "play more than everyone or pay mercs" will get more, as is happening right now.

I cannot understand why the big fishes are so resentful that they sabotage anything because they don't want any little fish could eat crumbs, they should avoid the little could growup and "threaten their status" (that will not happen, because they will never reach their knees, but the fear is free).
  • Options

I play every day, not being active in war shouldn't kill progress for the rest of the game.

Instead of trying to change your mind, how about I ask you for advice on how to farm 5* shards.

• Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    edited June 2017
    My alliance does 2-3 wars a week but again building shards this way means having to win and wars become highly pay to win in the top 3 tiers. So if you one week win 3 in a row you can get roughly 1500 shards but lose and you get 300-400 for the week. Summoner advancement is impossible to gauge because if a popular champ comes out alliances without big spenders will rank lower there as well as opposed weeks with no new popular desirable champs.
    As far as this comment is concerned where do you get off most people want to have a life and still steadily progress to new levels but because elitist players and whales don't want the lower players to get anything because they don't spend like them or play as much they feel they don't deserve more stuff. Classic top 1% dictating how the game should play and function. Kabam lets the whales pretty much decide what should change however I have seen numerous well thought suggestions that could benefit ALL player types especially spenders as they would be able to get more reward for spending on offers if the 5* cost was reduced. But again I guess the whales don't want to feel threatened by non spenders or more casual players. This game when I first started had advocates for reducing the grind but they seem to have given up the fight and let Kabam keep increasing the grind every step of the way. Also why is it okay for some to take 2-4 months to get 1 crystal and it be IP/HB/Colossus/ or any other low tier champion.
    If the cost doesn't get reduced overall I would like a huge rewards overhaul for SA, AW, 3- day events among other things and also or maybe simply remove the random chance and let us pick what champ we want at least for the first time or something because nothing feels worse then waiting weeks to months for 1 crystal and getting punched in the gut with one of the afformentioned low value champs.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I think the more viable option would be a slight increase in Shards available. The value of the 5* Crystal is related to the amount you need to get one. I could actually see an increase in Shards coming sometime in the future. I couldn't see a reduction in requirements.
  • Options
    TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    I think the more viable option would be a slight increase in Shards available. The value of the 5* Crystal is related to the amount you need to get one. I could actually see an increase in Shards coming sometime in the future. I couldn't see a reduction in requirements.

Either could work really.
  • Options
    Well Given how Kabam set the difficulty of Act 5.2 and what they deemed to be good rewards I don't trust them to increase shards to a healthy level and a simple change because they merely have to change the number on the crystals from 10,000 to 5,000 and featured 15,000-10,000 respectively
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    I don't think they'll decrese the cost of a 5*.
    Here's my reason.
    Duping a 2 or 3* = 55 3* or 4* shards.
    A 3/4* crystal = 2000 shards = duping 36.3636 heroes.
    Now duping a 4* = 275 5* shards.
    275 x 36.3636 = 10000.
    So basically, they're keeping the ratio same. It's just a high number (10000) that makes it seem expensive. If they make the price 2000 shards and reduce the shards by duping a 4* to 55, end result will be the same ( obviously shards earned from events and AW will be reduced as well)
  • Options
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    OK, I want look your maths, but if you're counting ranking in feature 4* arena I can guess you're living in the clouds.
    Sure everyone can have life/job/college and make 15mil twice every week (for shards for a IP 5*).
    I'm not the one wanting the rest should be screwed "because they not have my wonderful life and playstyle 24/7".
    I'm the one supporting the idea more for everyone.

If they reduce the crystals cost, it's for everyone, and those that "play more than everyone or pay mercs" will get more, as is happening right now.

I cannot understand why the big fishes are so resentful that they sabotage anything because they don't want any little fish could eat crumbs, they should avoid the little could growup and "threaten their status" (that will not happen, because they will never reach their knees, but the fear is free).

Sure! Let's do the math NOT ranked in the top 800. Let's say top 10% in featured.
    From featured arena alone is 800 5* shards per week (400*2 arenas). Most of the time, top 10% is at around 4 mil. Really not that bad.
    Basic arena adds another 400 per week.
    So arenas alone offer 1200, with no 4* dupes.
    You can run 3 AWs per week. Losing an AW gives you about 110 shards, or 330 for losing all 3.
    This sets the base line at ~1550.
    You get 500-600 for winning of those AWs. You should probably win 1 war a week to be considered remotely competitive (if you can't do that, honestly you aren't at the level where you need a plethora of 5*s). So we'll call that our average, as it should at least be the goal. But the max, setting a CAP ON ARENA as you'd like, is ~1550+ (500x3 (1500))=3050.
    That's a week bud. NOT accounting for ranking arena, which would add what? Another 1000 per week?
    4k shards available, PER WEEK. That's specifically 5* shards, not counting the 200 from aq events, not counting ranking alliance events.

In regards to your comments about whales and such, at high tiers 5* defenders hurt. They hurt bad. We don't want everyone having MORE SHARDS available because that increases the amount of difficult nodes we have to deal with. It sounds great for you little guys, but is amplified a lot more for us at the top.
    Put in some effort. Earn your way like the rest of us.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    firstly i do not agree that 5* should be cheaper at all....
    what i do want to say however is that for most of us 5* shards are not available via AW. we only get 3* or 4* shards depending on tier of ally so that does drastically slow down progress of 5* shards. not implying that i think this is wrong as the better players should have access to more.
    but just saying i think average of players have access to the lower amounts of shards from arenas and only 4* shards from AW.
    the better you are and the more you play the more you have access to.... makes sense to me....
    yes as a lower level player you have access to less but that is how anything works..... get better... play more.... if you cant play more than deal with the rewards that someone who plays only a little will get. if players who played 2 hours a day got the same rewards as players who play 10 hours a day then there would be no advantage to playing more and that would suck....
    and so you know i only have 1 5* and atm and only in an ally getting 3* shards from wars so my only source is by grinding arenas and SA which my ally never ranks high in.....
  • Options
    So a suggestion that again BENEFITS ALL PLAYERS AND PLAYER TYPES is bad got it glad you all have sound logic not. Simply asking to get more chances at 5* champions not like I'm saying hey I want a 5* shard monsoon in the game and to be handed all the upgrade materials as well, cause seriously just because you can get 5* champs quicker doesn't mean they will be readily usable still have to build them up by getting upgrade materials. So yeah again try to tell me how being able to have more 5* crystals is a terrible idea when
    A. Benefits all players
    B. Still will take significant time to upgrade if not part of the top 1% of alliances that earn full T4cc each week and multiple T4b and that's just AQ.