**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Despair is not working properly for some champs

Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
I have despair a 3/3... total regen and healing is supposed to be stopped at 7 rebuffs. This works if the champ is Phoenix or Hyperion with incinerate.

However, Joe Fixit on spades (dirty fighting) does multiple types of debuffs. It seems the Despair equation with Willpower is faulty. The most I could get it down was +9 with 9 stacks. The only time it would stop the regen completely was if I parried with my Petrify.
yr8qcd1zaev1.png

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Here is a shot of Hyperion with 7 incinerates which stopped healing.3xrg13bojcvl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I have the videos if needed, but the files are not compatible with this interface.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf
    I don't know if you have seen this post. However, I have been testing out in events and arena for the past week. In events, BP and Phoenix are able to cut healing to absolute 0. I have also found that Hyperion, Phoenix, Iron Fist, and BP are all able to reduce WP to 0 in Arena, but not all the time. I removed Resonate from my masteries, so the only really stacks are from their main debuffs. There are rare fights where the opponent has 7-9 debuffs and is still healing (depending on the base HP).

I think the issue isn't with Willpower, but may be related to Recovery (especially seeing as there are several arena fights all healing is block and several that the healing is not blocked). The amount being not blocked from healing is roughly 15% of the original score. Which seems to suggest that Recovery is the heart of the problem (and this may be by design or simple oversight). Recovery isn't a set amount of healing and is triggered when any regen and healing power trigger to add an additional 15%. However, the algorithm for Despair may have issues in reverse engineering the boost from Recovery.

Can we have this investigated and at least commented on whether this is by design or an accidental oversight?

Should Despair stop all healing with 7 stacks of debuffs (15% x7 = 105%)? Some people think that Despair stacks in the same diminishing returns as skills (but no information in the mastery or on the forums suggest this). Bu t this doesn't match when Hyperion and Phoenix seem to block all damage in solo events.

Any insight is appreciated.