**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Mephisto or Morningstar who's the better champ and why

Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
i have both Mephisto and Morningstar unawaken im hoping i get dr voodoo to use my generic awaken gem on but if i dont pull him which one of these two is worth the awaken and rank up .

Comments

• Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Mephisto needs an awakening for his aura of incineration, and morningstar reduces effectiveness of power gain, fury, and I think something else, and she also gains one soul if she’s below 1. Both very useful, mephisto is more defense heavy, while morningstar is more offensive. Depends on what you need
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    it depends. you can't really compare them though. Mephisto is arguably the best war boss awakened. And Morningstar has situations where she can dominate as well on defense. Mephisto and morningstar both have unique abilities on attack, and plenty of utility.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    it depends. you can't really compare them though. Mephisto is arguably the best war boss awakened. And Morningstar has situations where she can dominate as well on defense. Mephisto and morningstar both have unique abilities on attack, and plenty of utility.

LOL at best war boss. Dormammu is still the best war boss, medusa a close second

Man, medusa is such an easy boss. It’s just patience to wait for the furies to fall off. Bring a power controller, no MD to worry about, just keep her under wraps. Easy-peasy
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    For questing which one would be a better option, better yet which one is a better offensive weapon.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    For general questing I'd say morning star is a bit better than Mephisto. She takes a few fights to ramp up but when she gets to 5 souls she has better damage output than Mephisto and a constant health steal
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Morningstar will be much more useful especially if you prefer champs you will play as
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Morningstar will be much more useful especially if you prefer champs you will play as

Thank you is she also better awaken.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★

LOL at best war boss. Dormammu is still the best war boss, medusa a close second

How medusa? She's an easy fight. Number 2 is magik
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    Mystic bosses are cake with blade and after the 22nd everyone will prob have him
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    Both are great as offensive champs. Awakened mephisto is probably better than a base morningstar but a morningstar at 5 souls would be better
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »

How medusa? She's an easy fight. Number 2 is magik

Magik? I don't even remember the last time we faced Magik as a boss. It's either Dorm or Medusa (mostly Dorm) and rarely some weird champ (last war we had blade as boss). There are SO many counters to Magik available now that you're basically sacrificing attack (or defender?) bonuses by placing her as boss
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 285 ★★★
    There’s a lot of new counters to Meph on D - Blade, Ice, Void, Rulk and Quake can destroy him, with the exception of Quake if he’s the boss. Really not the insane defender he was when he was first released.

I’d do MS for sure. Her SP2 is great and when she gets enough souls she gets tons of great quirks and abilities. I don’t like how long it takes to get souls (and if you run LC forget about it), but she’s still fantastic.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Offensively Morningstar is much better but it takes a couple souls. Mephisto has some nice utility but he hits really soft, if you try fighting incinerate immune champs they take forever. When Mephisto came out he was a spectacular defender but the meta has changed and he's just better than average now. Morningstar isn't a great defender either, bleed immune champs own her. If I had to rank one it would be Morningstar but not sure if I would if they weren't awakened...my 2 cents anyway. Best of luck.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    I'd say Morningstar. She's a little more niche than some champs, but she's phenomenal in certain situations. Have you ever used her on masochism nodes? She regens every time it goes off. Was able to complete all of 5.2.4 and whichever one had the masochism path in 5.4 with her alone. Never had to use anyone else.
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    The best alliance war defense is model. His auto block screws you over so much. Awakened red hulk was made to fight Mephisto. Mephisto is better because of fate seal. Morningstar needs lots of souls to do well. Which souls are gained from special 3 and getting the counter on herself to 100
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    Modok