Selling 5* champs

2

Comments

  • GamerGamer Posts: 1,712
    Them ther wont to sell ther champ. Wuld. Not be sad If ther se ther Best five Stars is sold when ben hakked dont ikow WHO’s guys not Can se the brigt side. If u get hakked yours 5 Stars is safe.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441
    I'm suddenly reminded of Minnie the Moocher
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235
    Out of all the problems with Kabam and this game, this is what people want to complain about?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 10,237
    It makes perfect sense when they want 6*s to have a rarity and be accessible through the avenues they've introduced. They should remove the ability to sell Champs altogether. It's counterintuitive to the design of the game. The game is built on acquiring and using Champs through a steady flow of progression. Resources are different. They're expendable.

    No. 1000x no. It absolutely makes sense to sell some 4* 3/30s sometimes and it's your team. You should be able to sell a champ in general if you want. The only reason for blocking selling was the same reason for T4cc. Too many accidental sales = too much extra work for the game team. Even garbage 5*s are valuable in arena and they are introducing a new 5* arena. Your argument is absurd. How many 6* shards would a 5* sale be worth? If it's 500 you'd have to sell 20 5*s to get one probably garbage 6* you can't rank and isn;t duped. No one would do that and if they did they would be worse off. When 6*s become the new 5*s it may make sense to sell some 5*s or not depending on where the game is.

    Just read your post again. No idea what you mean by they are expendable and can't be sold lol. @GroundedWisdom

    I know what I said. Resources should be expendable. Not Champs.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 178
    It makes perfect sense when they want 6*s to have a rarity and be accessible through the avenues they've introduced. They should remove the ability to sell Champs altogether. It's counterintuitive to the design of the game. The game is built on acquiring and using Champs through a steady flow of progression. Resources are different. They're expendable.

    No. 1000x no. It absolutely makes sense to sell some 4* 3/30s sometimes and it's your team. You should be able to sell a champ in general if you want. The only reason for blocking selling was the same reason for T4cc. Too many accidental sales = too much extra work for the game team. Even garbage 5*s are valuable in arena and they are introducing a new 5* arena. Your argument is absurd. How many 6* shards would a 5* sale be worth? If it's 500 you'd have to sell 20 5*s to get one probably garbage 6* you can't rank and isn;t duped. No one would do that and if they did they would be worse off. When 6*s become the new 5*s it may make sense to sell some 5*s or not depending on where the game is.

    Just read your post again. No idea what you mean by they are expendable and can't be sold lol. @GroundedWisdom

    I know what I said. Resources should be expendable. Not Champs.
    You should be able to sell them and any tickets about accidentally selling them should be denied. Just force them to click twice to sell, then no one can argue it was an “accident”. Along with the right to sell comes the responsibility to thoroughly consider the consequences. After that it’s seller’s remorse. Lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 10,237
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,565
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.

    6ace2wwte62n.gif
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 150
    i agree

  • If there is no option to sell 5star champions because people accidentaly used it and have regrets, then why is there option to rank up Sentry? People accidentaly use this option as well and obviously regret as well almost immediately because he's useless, yet I dont see you removing option to rank him up
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,287
    Why would you want to sell a 5*? Do you not grind arena? They are very valuable in arenas to achieve points faster. 6* are not worth selling your 5* to get
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 178
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 10,237
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 178
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.
    Every now and then you say something productive. This is not one of those times. First, selling a 5* CURRENTLY is against the game design because Kabam doesn’t want to deal with the sob stories. Obviously this was not always the case as it was a change. Second, simply because something is against the game design does not mean it is counterproductive. You’re having trouble with what words mean again.

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 10,237
    CFree wrote: »
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.
    Every now and then you say something productive. This is not one of those times. First, selling a 5* CURRENTLY is against the game design because Kabam doesn’t want to deal with the sob stories. Obviously this was not always the case as it was a change. Second, simply because something is against the game design does not mean it is counterproductive. You’re having trouble with what words mean again.
    Not at all. You're not getting how a Feature that contradicts the acquisition and use of Champs is entirely counterproductive, and there are more systems and areas of the game affected than just one's Account.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,565
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.

    Since when has kabam definitively stated. Yeah you need to collect champions. Maybe if you are the actual collector. But the game is called “CONTEST of champions” to win the CONTEST you need good champions. To get good champions some people choose to sell them. It’s not my personal choice, but that’s all it is, a choice.

    Tell me how, if you have a 5* rank 1 Kamalha Khan Level 25 and you have 9999 6* shards, you barely made it through the last uncollected one with your life and won’t be doing it again due to unit and item cost. Your alliance won’t be getting 6* shards in Aw and you aren’t getting many 5* crystals monthly. You don’t have a whole lot of luck duping them in the past and you’ve completed act 5. Why is it counter productive to sell a rank 1 5* Kamalha Khan to get a 6* champion who is already out of the box a rank 4 5*. That seems like a brilliant trade off.

    Maybe it’s counter productive to you, because you seem to want to collect all of the champs. Which is fair enough. People play the game differently and that’s what you need to accept and stop deciding for other people so arrogantly. It’s not counter productive to people who want good champs and couldn’t give a monkeys about collecting **** champions.

  • StewmanStewman Posts: 382
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.

    WRONG

  • CFreeCFree Posts: 178
    CFree wrote: »
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.
    Every now and then you say something productive. This is not one of those times. First, selling a 5* CURRENTLY is against the game design because Kabam doesn’t want to deal with the sob stories. Obviously this was not always the case as it was a change. Second, simply because something is against the game design does not mean it is counterproductive. You’re having trouble with what words mean again.
    Not at all. You're not getting how a Feature that contradicts the acquisition and use of Champs is entirely counterproductive, and there are more systems and areas of the game affected than just one's Account.
    Oh. You mean like the counterproductive feature of selling 2*, 3*, and 4*? Have you suggested that Kabam correct these counterproductive features?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 10,237
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.

    Since when has kabam definitively stated. Yeah you need to collect champions. Maybe if you are the actual collector. But the game is called “CONTEST of champions” to win the CONTEST you need good champions. To get good champions some people choose to sell them. It’s not my personal choice, but that’s all it is, a choice.

    Tell me how, if you have a 5* rank 1 Kamalha Khan Level 25 and you have 9999 6* shards, you barely made it through the last uncollected one with your life and won’t be doing it again due to unit and item cost. Your alliance won’t be getting 6* shards in Aw and you aren’t getting many 5* crystals monthly. You don’t have a whole lot of luck duping them in the past and you’ve completed act 5. Why is it counter productive to sell a rank 1 5* Kamalha Khan to get a 6* champion who is already out of the box a rank 4 5*. That seems like a brilliant trade off.

    Maybe it’s counter productive to you, because you seem to want to collect all of the champs. Which is fair enough. People play the game differently and that’s what you need to accept and stop deciding for other people so arrogantly. It’s not counter productive to people who want good champs and couldn’t give a monkeys about collecting **** champions.

    How do you progress in the game? You collect Champions and make use of them in as many areas as possible. Kabam is not speaking. I am.
    It's Contest of Champions, not Contest of
    God Tier. There are internal systems that depend on numbers like Rating and that affects the whole. What you end up with is Players with greater skills and much lower Ratings, and that plays a role in competitive scoring.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 382
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.

    Since when has kabam definitively stated. Yeah you need to collect champions. Maybe if you are the actual collector. But the game is called “CONTEST of champions” to win the CONTEST you need good champions. To get good champions some people choose to sell them. It’s not my personal choice, but that’s all it is, a choice.

    Tell me how, if you have a 5* rank 1 Kamalha Khan Level 25 and you have 9999 6* shards, you barely made it through the last uncollected one with your life and won’t be doing it again due to unit and item cost. Your alliance won’t be getting 6* shards in Aw and you aren’t getting many 5* crystals monthly. You don’t have a whole lot of luck duping them in the past and you’ve completed act 5. Why is it counter productive to sell a rank 1 5* Kamalha Khan to get a 6* champion who is already out of the box a rank 4 5*. That seems like a brilliant trade off.

    Maybe it’s counter productive to you, because you seem to want to collect all of the champs. Which is fair enough. People play the game differently and that’s what you need to accept and stop deciding for other people so arrogantly. It’s not counter productive to people who want good champs and couldn’t give a monkeys about collecting **** champions.

    How do you progress in the game? You collect Champions and make use of them in as many areas as possible. Kabam is not speaking. I am.
    It's Contest of Champions, not Contest of
    God Tier. There are internal systems that depend on numbers like Rating and that affects the whole. What you end up with is Players with greater skills and much lower Ratings, and that plays a role in competitive scoring.

    WHAT??? Rating literally means nothing. NOTHING.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,565
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.

    Since when has kabam definitively stated. Yeah you need to collect champions. Maybe if you are the actual collector. But the game is called “CONTEST of champions” to win the CONTEST you need good champions. To get good champions some people choose to sell them. It’s not my personal choice, but that’s all it is, a choice.

    Tell me how, if you have a 5* rank 1 Kamalha Khan Level 25 and you have 9999 6* shards, you barely made it through the last uncollected one with your life and won’t be doing it again due to unit and item cost. Your alliance won’t be getting 6* shards in Aw and you aren’t getting many 5* crystals monthly. You don’t have a whole lot of luck duping them in the past and you’ve completed act 5. Why is it counter productive to sell a rank 1 5* Kamalha Khan to get a 6* champion who is already out of the box a rank 4 5*. That seems like a brilliant trade off.

    Maybe it’s counter productive to you, because you seem to want to collect all of the champs. Which is fair enough. People play the game differently and that’s what you need to accept and stop deciding for other people so arrogantly. It’s not counter productive to people who want good champs and couldn’t give a monkeys about collecting **** champions.

    How do you progress in the game? You collect Champions and make use of them in as many areas as possible. Kabam is not speaking. I am.
    It's Contest of Champions, not Contest of
    God Tier. There are internal systems that depend on numbers like Rating and that affects the whole. What you end up with is Players with greater skills and much lower Ratings, and that plays a role in competitive scoring.

    I progress in the game by beating new content. If a Kamalha Khan Rank 1 does not help me and I sell her, that is not counter productive. People progress in the game differently. Just accept it and stop being so irrationally stubborn.

    Stop dictating how other players should play. Yes there are rules like no modding, but people are trying to win this game, everyone has different goals. Stop telling them that a crappy Kamalha Khan has to be part of their goals because you think it is counter productive. Counter productivity is having the opposite of the desired effect. selling champs is the having the opposite of havin YOUR desired effect. It is not having the opposite effect on every body’s desired effect.

  • CFreeCFree Posts: 178
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.

    Since when has kabam definitively stated. Yeah you need to collect champions. Maybe if you are the actual collector. But the game is called “CONTEST of champions” to win the CONTEST you need good champions. To get good champions some people choose to sell them. It’s not my personal choice, but that’s all it is, a choice.

    Tell me how, if you have a 5* rank 1 Kamalha Khan Level 25 and you have 9999 6* shards, you barely made it through the last uncollected one with your life and won’t be doing it again due to unit and item cost. Your alliance won’t be getting 6* shards in Aw and you aren’t getting many 5* crystals monthly. You don’t have a whole lot of luck duping them in the past and you’ve completed act 5. Why is it counter productive to sell a rank 1 5* Kamalha Khan to get a 6* champion who is already out of the box a rank 4 5*. That seems like a brilliant trade off.

    Maybe it’s counter productive to you, because you seem to want to collect all of the champs. Which is fair enough. People play the game differently and that’s what you need to accept and stop deciding for other people so arrogantly. It’s not counter productive to people who want good champs and couldn’t give a monkeys about collecting **** champions.

    Kabam is not speaking. I am.

    That’s helpful. So we’ve confirmed that it’s counterproductive in your opinion but may not be counterproductive for everyone. Further, it’s now clear your statement that “counterproductive is counterproductive” is incorrect. Thanks.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 10,237
    Stewman wrote: »
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.

    Since when has kabam definitively stated. Yeah you need to collect champions. Maybe if you are the actual collector. But the game is called “CONTEST of champions” to win the CONTEST you need good champions. To get good champions some people choose to sell them. It’s not my personal choice, but that’s all it is, a choice.

    Tell me how, if you have a 5* rank 1 Kamalha Khan Level 25 and you have 9999 6* shards, you barely made it through the last uncollected one with your life and won’t be doing it again due to unit and item cost. Your alliance won’t be getting 6* shards in Aw and you aren’t getting many 5* crystals monthly. You don’t have a whole lot of luck duping them in the past and you’ve completed act 5. Why is it counter productive to sell a rank 1 5* Kamalha Khan to get a 6* champion who is already out of the box a rank 4 5*. That seems like a brilliant trade off.

    Maybe it’s counter productive to you, because you seem to want to collect all of the champs. Which is fair enough. People play the game differently and that’s what you need to accept and stop deciding for other people so arrogantly. It’s not counter productive to people who want good champs and couldn’t give a monkeys about collecting **** champions.

    How do you progress in the game? You collect Champions and make use of them in as many areas as possible. Kabam is not speaking. I am.
    It's Contest of Champions, not Contest of
    God Tier. There are internal systems that depend on numbers like Rating and that affects the whole. What you end up with is Players with greater skills and much lower Ratings, and that plays a role in competitive scoring.

    WHAT??? Rating literally means nothing. NOTHING.

    Oh, I see. You're one of those who thinks the game is literally designed around Prestige and Rating is just a number.
    I've said Rating is significant, they've said it, we have entire systems that are designed around it.....it's pretty clear.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 10,237
    I just stated that they should remove selling Champs. That's my opinion. The internal statistics of the game aren't really something that can be questioned. It's not
    some arbitrary number.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 382
    Stewman wrote: »
    CFree wrote: »
    I disagree. Selling Champs is counterproductive.
    It’s counterproductive for you, but obviously that doesn’t mean it is for everyone.

    It's counterproductive for everyone because it contradicts the design of the game and progression. You may disagree, but counterproductive is counterproductive.

    Since when has kabam definitively stated. Yeah you need to collect champions. Maybe if you are the actual collector. But the game is called “CONTEST of champions” to win the CONTEST you need good champions. To get good champions some people choose to sell them. It’s not my personal choice, but that’s all it is, a choice.

    Tell me how, if you have a 5* rank 1 Kamalha Khan Level 25 and you have 9999 6* shards, you barely made it through the last uncollected one with your life and won’t be doing it again due to unit and item cost. Your alliance won’t be getting 6* shards in Aw and you aren’t getting many 5* crystals monthly. You don’t have a whole lot of luck duping them in the past and you’ve completed act 5. Why is it counter productive to sell a rank 1 5* Kamalha Khan to get a 6* champion who is already out of the box a rank 4 5*. That seems like a brilliant trade off.

    Maybe it’s counter productive to you, because you seem to want to collect all of the champs. Which is fair enough. People play the game differently and that’s what you need to accept and stop deciding for other people so arrogantly. It’s not counter productive to people who want good champs and couldn’t give a monkeys about collecting **** champions.

    How do you progress in the game? You collect Champions and make use of them in as many areas as possible. Kabam is not speaking. I am.
    It's Contest of Champions, not Contest of
    God Tier. There are internal systems that depend on numbers like Rating and that affects the whole. What you end up with is Players with greater skills and much lower Ratings, and that plays a role in competitive scoring.

    WHAT??? Rating literally means nothing. NOTHING.

    Oh, I see. You're one of those who thinks the game is literally designed around Prestige and Rating is just a number.
    I've said Rating is significant, they've said it, we have entire systems that are designed around it.....it's pretty clear.

    Putting words in peoples mouths still I see.
    What "systems" have anything to do with rating?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,074
    edited February 14
    They should give a setting with a code lock or login to your account to take sell options on or off for different star champions.

    You guys want to sell them but I want to keep them secure.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,565
    I just stated that they should remove selling Champs. That's my opinion. The internal statistics of the game aren't really something that can be questioned. It's not
    some arbitrary number.

    Why dictate what other players do with their champions though? I get that you think you shouldn’t sell champions and I really don’t mind whether you think that or not. I agree with you I don’t sell champions incase they get buffed. But what I do mind is you arguing that other people shouldn’t have the freedom to do what they want based on your goal for the game.

    From someone else’s point of view, their goal is to get the best champions right? So why not make it so that if you don’t use a champion weekly then you have to sell them. I mean, it’s counter productive not to get those extra shards so you can complete their goal of getting the best champions.

    Or even if their goal is to open as many crystals as possible, you should sell every champion you can to open crystals. Because that’s their goal. Why is your goal the only right one?
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 178
    I just stated that they should remove selling Champs. That's my opinion. The internal statistics of the game aren't really something that can be questioned. It's not
    some arbitrary number.
    We aren’t discussing the internal statistics of the game; we’re discussing a game mechanic that was available and was removed because it was a headache for Kabam.

2
This discussion has been closed.