**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Remove Mesmerise node

This node is literally only designed to get you killed, there's no skill to counter this... Awful node. Cash cow in the highest order

Comments

• I did expert difficulty and got Void with mesmerize and bane, it would have been a pain using someone else, especially since I’m running suicides, but my Agent Venom beat him and shrugged off all debuffs.. but still that’s just cheating putting void on there
  • chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126
    And at 7%, yeah right, I had the buffs on and me and Void mesmerized each other twice in a row, four straight in a row between us lol, it was funny but ridiculous.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I have been doing the trials everyday since it started (expert). Haven't spent a potion. What does it do again?
    Is it the one where you get stunned when evading?

In any case, the fact that I do not know what the big deal is with this, means that it wasn't designed to kill me. I recommend using the boosts, as you will not be able to use them when this quest is gone. Most of them are useless though, the arc overload one is probably the best.
  • B_mikeB_mike Posts: 35
    use your boost for arc 2 and fight with mordo
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    AceDeMoN wrote: »
    This node is literally only designed to get you killed, there's no skill to counter this...

Actually there is a skill to counter this. It's called thought. Maybe you should try it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Ahhh the 'ol "i can't beat it, so they should remove it" thread. Always someone out there that can't see outside the normal way of fighting to beat nodes.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Use Quake, or spam SP1 with hyp. AA works well too, big damage for minimum contact.

Can''t get stunned if you're not hitting them.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Mordo. Win.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    BPCW is also fun to use.
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    AV, mordo, groot, BPCW, rogue, maxed limber...lots of options stated several times over in several threads. You have to think outside of running through mlllm comboing everything with the same champs you always use.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    I faced Mordo on this. It was a pain. The rest of them have been easy. It’s a bad design to create nodes like this where this is no counter. They won’t remove it. The only way they seem to be able to make difficult content is to make us take damage we can’t defend against.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    Yeah Only Mordo made this node crazy.. but no problem with other heroes.
    Just dont do full combo... bait to parry and use your Trial Boost
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    BW and CB for that node
  • Neither node is that bad to deal with and play around but together they're a pain in the arse
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Iceman's coldsnap counters mesmerize node
  • Exspellies133Exspellies133 Posts: 182
    Use mordo against the mesmerize node, I used that only in expert node
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    OP doesn't care about logic or solutions to beat it. He/she just wants the easy way out instead of getting better.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I had Groot on mesmerise today, lost 5/50 awakened Voodoo without landing a single hit.
    Rank 4 5* MODOK had no troubles though.
    I guess I was lucky with the procs second time round
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    It isn't EASY for everyone and it isn't UNBEATABLE for everyone either.
    I'm a mediocre player I think and I can beat the Expert nodes. I usually have one champ left at the end and I admit that I have all 5 going into the mesmerize node typically. Still it's doable and I am getting better at it.
    You just can't play like normal and swing away....
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Mesmer + Bane is the cheesiest set of nodes of all the days, no doubt, but I've run Master every single day, and other than losing a champ or two, have had no problems beating every map.

That includes having both Mordo and Void on my last Mesmer day.

It's cheesy, but by no means insurmountable.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I drew Yellowjacket and Groot. I used Nightcrawler on my mini account and Mordo on my main account. Nightcrawler actually was very effective against that node.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I’d be fine with it if not for Mordo... god he’s enough of a pain WITHOUT the bug...
  • javedahmed56javedahmed56 Posts: 86
    Mesmerize node is not that tough if you have limber maxed
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Can someone explain this to me yellowjackets sp1 stun after those debuffs expire can't even last a second against karnak but when this mesmerize node inflicts that short stun it lasts for the full duration against him when he is duped sig 63 and with the mastery that shruggs off stuns faster so how on earth is mesmerize lasting the same time against karnak?
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    7% chance of stun. Sometimes it feels like a 60% chance of stun and sometimes it actually feels like 7%.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    It will be easier for some people based on the champions they have. That doesn’t change the fact that this is bad game design. Random, nearly unavoidable damage (except for a few champs) is a terrible idea. It takes away from the skill aspect of the game. I have never seen a game use this much randomness and unavoidable damage. It is no surprise that players get frustrated and come to the forums to complain.

I have played Memerize nodes where several single hits in a row stunned me. There is nothing I can do about that except get lucky enough to open a champ that can shrug off debuffs or is stun immune. Once again, it’s RNGs instead of skill.
  • If you max out limber that stun wears off fast plenty of time to parry back so you can collect yourself and attack back
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    If you max out limber that stun wears off fast plenty of time to parry back so you can collect yourself and attack back
    Mesmerize node is not that tough if you have limber maxed

THIS. Max limber is a life saver against mesmerize.