**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So Rogue can't duplicate Unbreakable? [To Be Fixed In Next Update]

HalfdazedHalfdazed Posts: 24
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
As the title says.... Kabam finally fixed Rogue's life steal through blocking but she still doesn't gain power when replicating that buff, can't replicate Dr. Strange's purple buff, and now I realized she can't replicate Luke Cage's Unbreakable either? Instead her L1 appeared to nullify the Unbreakable somehow.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    ....unbreakable?

Indestructible you mean?
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited June 2017
    Halfdazed wrote: »
    As the title says.... Kabam finally fixed Rogue's life steal through blocking but she still doesn't gain power when replicating that buff, can't replicate Dr. Strange's purple buff, and now I realized she can't replicate Luke Cage's Unbreakable either? Instead her L1 appeared to nullify the Unbreakable somehow.

DrS health steal mode is not considered as buff. It is passive. No mention of power replicate by sp1!
  • HalfdazedHalfdazed Posts: 24
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    ....unbreakable?

Indestructible you mean?

Yes, thanks for the correction.
    TheSOURA wrote: »

DrS health steal mode is not considered as buff. It is passive. No mention of power replicate by sp1!

Ok but she can replicate his armor and fury cycles but not the health steal. How does that make sense? I just checked DS info and all 3 cycles are "passive" so she picks and chooses which passive effects she replicates then? Is there a list that identifies what effects are "passive" and which are "buffs"? Her profile only says she can't replicate tech champ's buffs and unstoppable.

Not sure what you mean by "no mention of power replicate by SP1!" But she can replicate "power gain" buffs but doesn't actually generate power.
    edited June 2017
    All 3 cycle is of drS blessing not passive. Only health steal mode is. And this mode cant b nullified either. This is only marked as icon to show this phase. But u can say it as meki buff.
    Power gain sometimes passive and sometimes buff. I m also confused with it.
    There r some passives which look like buff but it is not in real. May b kabam should make them identify differently.
    All 3 cycle is of drS blessing not passive. Only health steal mode is. And this mode cant b nullified either. This is only marked as icon to show this phase. But u can say it as meki buff.
    There r some passives which look like buff but it is not in real. May b kabam should make them identify differently.

pspj25w7elfy.png

So the screenshot here (assuming it goes through correctly) is from DS's info screen. All 3 cycles are listed as passive. Also, does it specify anywhere in her character profile that she can only replicate "buff" effects and not "passive" effects? You have to assume many people don't read the forums and rely on the in-game content to describe things.

My point with power gain with Rogue is that she actually replicates the power gain (shows the power gain symbol aside too) but it doesn't generate power. Whether it's passive or not, if the symbol appears it should generate the appropriate effects. This has been a long time documented bug that Kabam mods have admitted to many months ago but it remains unfixed.

pspj25w7elfy.png

So the screenshot here (assuming it goes through correctly) is from DS's info screen. All 3 cycles are listed as passive. Also, does it specify anywhere in her character profile that she can only replicate "buff" effects and not "passive" effects? You have to assume many people don't read the forums and rely on the in-game content to describe things.

My point with power gain with Rogue is that she actually replicates the power gain (shows the power gain symbol aside too) but it doesn't generate power. Whether it's passive or not, if the symbol appears it should generate the appropriate effects. This has been a long time documented bug that Kabam mods have admitted to many months ago but it remains unfixed.

Bro ability to change cycle r passive. It means he get armour & fury buff passively. Passively gain buff. That is the best phrase i could use. I can b wrong too.
    edited June 2017
    Bro power gain does not generate power automatically. Power flood does. Power gain is for gaining power at increased rate by hitting or getting hit. Unfortunately power gain(node ability passive), power flood(champ ability buff) & health steal(mode or phase) all r represented by same icon. That is y ppl confuse.
    edited June 2017
    She can replicate power flood of hyperion. But other two she cant replicate.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    DS has a buff and passive for each of his cycles. The buff part can be nullified/replicated. For example:
    Armour up is the buff, increased block proficiency is the passive.
    Fury is the buff, increased crit rate is the passive.
    For the third one DS gains a bit of power when he lands a hit in addition to his automatic power gain over time. I believe this part is the buff aspect of this phase and the life steal is the passive, hence why rogue can't replicate his life steal ability.
    In rogue's description it states she can replicate up to 5 buffs so she can't take advantage of the passive abilities of her opponents. I think indestructible is also a passive ability, appearing on screen so that you know when it's ended, similar to how magik's limbo works since that is also passive. Could be wrong about indestructible but that might explain why she can't replicate it.
    Bro power gain does not generate power automatically. Power flood does. Power gain is for gaining power at increased rate by hitting or getting hit. Unfortunately power gain(node ability passive), power flood(champ ability buff) & health steal(mode or phase) all r represented by same icon. That is y ppl confuse.

Look, whatever the case is for power gain, it's been well known and discussed on power gain issues with Rogue. Even declared as a bug by one of the mods in the old forums. Whether it's generating power automatically or increasing the rate of power gained, neither one actually works when Rogue replicates it.
    DS has a buff and passive for each of his cycles. The buff part can be nullified/replicated. For example:
    Armour up is the buff, increased block proficiency is the passive.
    Fury is the buff, increased crit rate is the passive.
    For the third one DS gains a bit of power when he lands a hit in addition to his automatic power gain over time. I believe this part is the buff aspect of this phase and the life steal is the passive, hence why rogue can't replicate his life steal ability.
    In rogue's description it states she can replicate up to 5 buffs so she can't take advantage of the passive abilities of her opponents. I think indestructible is also a passive ability, appearing on screen so that you know when it's ended, similar to how magik's limbo works since that is also passive. Could be wrong about indestructible but that might explain why she can't replicate it.

Ok, but with the armor up and fury she replicates the buff and shows the symbol for it. With the power gain/health steal part of the abilities it doesn't even display the symbol to indicate that any part of that effect is replicated.

It's fine, Rogue has been broken since she was released and apparently never going to be fixed. Reading through the character spotlight thread for Rogue in the old forums is the proof of her issues. Including several apologies from Kabam mods saying they'll do better to avoid misrepresentation of new champs going forward. I'll just let it die like everything else that Kabam doesn't feel like fixing.
    Bro i just tested against hyperion. It was working bro
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Rogue has been broken ever since she was introduced, not only broken but broken differently from different updates. I think this adds to the confusion about her.
    I wish Kabam would fix her and others, some of the champs have great potential but create frustration because they don't work as expected or as designed.
    Does it actually say anywhere in the game that she specifically cannot replicate passive abilities?
    Bro i just tested against hyperion. It was working bro

So test it against DS then, Bro.
    I tried it on DS and it didn't replicate any part of his life steal phase on multiple occasions. Either this is a bug or both parts are passives in that case. In her description though it specifically mentions buffs. That's probably why passives aren't included since they sort of just happen in the background in a way. But no it doesn't directly say that rogue cannot replicate passive abilities.
    I tried it on DS and it didn't replicate any part of his life steal phase on multiple occasions. Either this is a bug or both parts are passives in that case. In her description though it specifically mentions buffs. That's probably why passives aren't included since they sort of just happen in the background in a way. But no it doesn't directly say that rogue cannot replicate passive abilities.

My only qualms with that are that it's assuming that a player that doesn't read any forums knows the difference between passive abilities and buffs and it assumes that we know that if it only says buffs that it rules out passive abilities.
    Yeah I agree with you there, there are a few descriptions in game that can be a bit vague. Its difficult to explain the difference between buffs and passives, you just kind of know I find. But if it was to mention it for each champion in game it could clear up a lot of questions, I know on some of them it highlights passive abilities separately to any buffs they might have.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey there OP. Sorry for the delay in responding here. The team actually has a fix in place that they're testing, which should resolve the issue with Rogue not replicating Power Gain correctly. Hopefully it will be included in the next release. As for the others you mentioned, those are Passives and can't be replicated by her.
This discussion has been closed.