**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Trivia question of the day...

How many times, on average, do you have to hit the special attack button, before it will actually fire off, after blocking the AI 5 piece combo?

Comments

• TrollllolllloTrollllollllo Posts: 113
    why would you fire off an sp right after you block their five hit combo. It will just result you getting hit by the AI because there is always a little bit of time that it takes for the sp to take off.
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    When I'm cornered and the AI is fighting like its on drugs. Block the combo then hit the special attack button to try to gain space if nothing else.
    Besides, the AI can fire off a special at any time. Doesn't seem right to me.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Eventually you won't get cornered much and you won't block many combos, but unless you are at 3 bars you are better off attacking with a combo when you are in that situation.
    The AI recovers so quickly that I usually get parried when I try to attack immediately after the combo. I swear when this happens it's almost as if I'm controlling the defender against myself, if that makes any sense. Well, maybe I'm just not as good as I once was.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Out of curiosity, do you have the parry mastery and do you know how to parry? Also you can push them back hitting their block. You shouldn't get cornered on most fights.
    I'm a well seasoned player. Been playing since the beginning. I've beaten realm if legends and plenty if the other more difficult content. I do know how to parry. The game just simply does not work as it once did IMO. I know some will argue against this idea, but there are things that just don't work as they once did.
    It may also be that defense ability accuracy and other signature abilities, masteries, etc, may be playing a part in my problems. I guess I need to make myself more educated on each champ.
    But then I see it her post about people and their specials not firing off. I just don't know any more. SMH.
    Other* not her. My auto correct is ridiculous sometimes.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    How many times, on average, do you have to hit the special attack button, before it will actually fire off, after blocking the AI 5 piece combo?

There is your problem right there lol. When enemy is attacking into your block, you are almost mini-stunned and won’t be able to activate a special. If you could activate a special when enemy is attacking into your block then that would be too easy. The trick is to use your special right after a dexterity dodge back, that will let you fire it off instantly. But if you don’t do it at the right time, the enemy could back off after your dexterity evade and you miss your special.