**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Frank Castle Arena

LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
This thursday with hyperion and surprise surprise his arena will be cost free while those who want hyperion will have to spend gold. Of course those with huge roster will enjoy the free arena while the rest of the community will spend gold on hyperion.

Comments

• DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57
    Is gold a problem now with the gold realm event running?
  • TxAggie17TxAggie17 Posts: 58
    Gold event is done. ^^^
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Punisher 2099 I guess...
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    Punisher 2099 I guess...

FRANK Castle is the arena next week is 2099 lol
    Um...you spend 400 gold and, if you win all 3 fights, you get 480 gold in return, plus whatever gold you get from the arena crystals, which are also now 20% more. So, gold shouldn't be a problem at all. If anything, the fact that the punisher arena doesn't cost any gold is kind of a dumb deal.

I have plenty of gold but i was talking bout other ppl who barely have any bc they are playing catch up and ranking up champs in order to play in the basic arena.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Punisher 2099 I guess...

Damn... then I guess Ill have some free time.
  • KevinFF1961KevinFF1961 Posts: 93
    Does this mean the punisher will be in PHC in 3 months?
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 280 ★★★
    Punisher 2099 I guess...

Are you sure about this?
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★

Probably. There has not been one exciting thing about this appreciation thing and we are now half way through. I do not expect weeks 3 and 4 to be any better.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Yes, old Punisher is next feature. And as stated above, complaining about gold cost in basic arena is beyond silly. You make more gold than you spend in a match, players are losing NOTHING.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★

No. Featured of "old" champions are not added to the crystals because they already are added.
    Punisher is already in Arena Crystals
    VTA92 wrote: »
    This "Summoner Appreciation" is a complete joke. Its like if I told my wife I was going to take her out for a really nice dinner and then take her to McDonalds and only let her order from the $1 menu. Way to keep it classy kabam.

Pretty sure that would result you and the couch having a nice alone time at night haha
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    Yes, old Punisher is next feature. And as stated above, complaining about gold cost in basic arena is beyond silly. You make more gold than you spend in a match, players are losing NOTHING.

Im just standing up for the little guys who are working hard to not spend on this game and make a decent roster
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    If they want Hyp, they can still go for him. Nothing at all stopping them. You come out positive in gold after each round, and you get more gold from the arena crystals you earn. If a "little guy" goes for Hyp, they will still be way positive in resources by the end of the grind.

There are lots of things to complain about, I don't think this is one that makes sense to focus on.
  • DARKLOKIDARKLOKI Posts: 50
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

No. Featured of "old" champions are not added to the crystals because they already are added.

bro you dont know if they will add him to the crystals, also its time for a new arena champ bro, dont know why people want to feel like special snowflakes cause they got a rare champ from rng,
    DARKLOKI wrote: »

bro you dont know if they will add him to the crystals, also its time for a new arena champ bro, dont know why people want to feel like special snowflakes cause they got a rare champ from rng,

Don't know what are you talking about, so I'll try to explain.
    Imagine if it was WS instead of Punisher in the arena. Does that mean that WS will be added to the crystals? No, because he is already there ... just like punisher ...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume not. Unless they have plans of changing the Champ in Arena Crystals. If OG Punisher is being added to this month's Arena, it's most likely for a storyline.
  • DARKLOKIDARKLOKI Posts: 50

Imagine if it was WS instead of Punisher in the arena. Does that mean that WS will be added to the crystals? No, because he is already there ... just like punisher ...

we dont have any info on whether he will be added or whether a new champ will be put in the arena crystals (my hope will be taskmaster if they plan to) , also what do u have against them adding him to the normal crystals , you just sound like a snowflake wanting him to be so rare just like when they made immortal iron fist somewhat available and then there was a huge backlash from the guy that did the arena feeling all special
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Um...you spend 400 gold and, if you win all 3 fights, you get 480 gold in return, plus whatever gold you get from the arena crystals, which are also now 20% more. So, gold shouldn't be a problem at all. If anything, the fact that the punisher arena doesn't cost any gold is kind of a dumb deal.

I have plenty of gold but i was talking bout other ppl who barely have any bc they are playing catch up and ranking up champs in order to play in the basic arena.

Then that's their problem, no one told them to spend every ounce of gold they have and drop their gold balance to a ridiculously small number, that's just a case of bad management of resources. For instance, if you know you do T4B arenas, you would be setting aside 10k BC which you would not spend so that you can enter the arena. Same thing for this one, have some gold to compete in arenas.

Honestly, this shouldn't be a problem for anyone.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    edited June 2017
    Cable wrote: »
    I made the suggestion that Punisher should get his arena and be retired from Arena crystals about year and a half ago so hopefully this is the first step in that process. It would be awesome if Kabam had 6 champions representing each class that could only be obtained through arena crystals which would rotate each month. Will it happen probably not but it would be a welcome change.

I actually like that idea. Especially if they implement something similar to the loyalty chips/store (for UC). And this is coming from someone who doesn't have UC in either 4/5* and has yet to dupe Punisher 4*.

I think ANYTHING new would be refreshing in a game that's become so stagnant, and not because content is too easy but actually for the opposite. I was so excited for chapter 5; but after the release of 5.2 and the rewards that come with it, a huge part of my anticipation is dead. Dissapointment after disapointment only lead to permanently walking away.

My girlfriend and I are quite happy though, for the fact that the last 4 months I've spent a total of $19.99 on the game. Compared to the past, that's equal to how much I'd spend in a span of 3-4 days. In that regard, thank you Kabam. This is what successfully going through rehab must feel like :smile:

we dont have any info on whether he will be added or whether a new champ will be put in the arena crystals (my hope will be taskmaster if they plan to) , also what do u have against them adding him to the normal crystals , you just sound like a snowflake wanting him to be so rare just like when they made immortal iron fist somewhat available and then there was a huge backlash from the guy that did the arena feeling all special

Wrong. Punisher is meant to be a rare champion, just like immortal iron fist.
    They are both in crystals, but they aren't in the premium hero crystal. That's how is supposed to be
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume not. Unless they have plans of changing the Champ in Arena Crystals. If OG Punisher is being added to this month's Arena, it's most likely for a storyline.

What part of this is factual?
    As opposed to the rest of the discussion? Nice try, though.