**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Classic Punisher Feature?!?!

IS nyone else annyoed by this? This totally diminishes his rarity and his general special-ness. I have him duped because I grind my butt off in the arena, now any random dude that can win a basic will have him... He's not special anymore. What's next? Classic Vision feature? Everyone that spent 4000 units on him will be furious!

Comments

• spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I have a duped Punisher that I got from arena, and it doesn't bother me at all that he's a featured champ. The drop rates on him are so wonky that you can't just tell people to grind arena to get him. My old alliance leader got him twice with something like 4,000 PVP wins. I got him the first time around 28k PVP wins. I got him again when I was close to 60k wins. It's a total **** shoot.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    I have gotten him 8 times but I have Grinded Grinded and Grinded. 222k pvp
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Maybe because he is way too rare ?

Like I must had opened thousands and thoudsands of arena crystal and never saw him
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    Relax bud, He'll still be rare.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    I'm not annoyed that he is the featured champ this week, but I do agree that he shouldn't have an arena for him
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I'm not annoyed that he is the featured champ this week, but I do agree that he shouldn't have an arena for him

Being the Featured Champ means having an Arena for him. Lol.

In other words: It's "okay", but he shouldn't
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Why?
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    You all are arguing over punisher. I'm just sad because if it was a special featured arena, it should have been dead pool, the one every one actually asks for.
    Yeh, I'm one of those. Lol. Oh well. I understand at least why he (probably) won't make a return.
  • DARKLOKIDARKLOKI Posts: 50

lol you think you are special cause you got lucky, damn lol what a child, id rather him be a reward from lol than rng cause thats what shows how special it is to get him
    DARKLOKI wrote: »

lol you think you are special cause you got lucky, damn lol what a child, id rather him be a reward from lol than rng cause thats what shows how special it is to get him

Doing that kind of statements will not benefit you in any way
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    How will he be the featured champ if the events end on the 19th?
  • GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    Are they just referring to the VS Arena for 25 gold per match as the "Punisher Arena"?

Play the Punisher Arena for FREE!
    This week, you don’t need to use Gold to find matches in the Punisher Arena! Get into the Arenas now to compete to add this gun wielding Defender to your roster!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    GreatScott wrote: »
    Are they just referring to the VS Arena for 25 gold per match as the "Punisher Arena"?

This week, you don’t need to use Gold to find matches in the Punisher Arena! Get into the Arenas now to compete to add this gun wielding Defender to your roster!

"This week's Featured Champion is one of the most sought after Champions in the Contest. He's been around for quite some time but has eluded many of you. It's The Punisher!"
    Nah, Punisher has been comfirmed in news and announcements
    Drizzits wrote: »
    You all are arguing over punisher. I'm just sad because if it was a special featured arena, it should have been dead pool, the one every one actually asks for.
    Yeh, I'm one of those. Lol. Oh well. I understand at least why he (probably) won't make a return.

It's not a special feature arena like Deadpool, he is just the feature next week, plain and simple. Which means he's getting thrown into the basic hero pool.

I don't think so. I think he's just in the Arena because he's part of the Monthly Storyline.
  • GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    GreatScott wrote: »

"This week's Featured Champion is one of the most sought after Champions in the Contest. He's been around for quite some time but has eluded many of you. It's The Punisher!"
    Nah, Punisher has been comfirmed in news and announcements

ok thanks. being a featured champion his cutoff will be high for 4* so he'll still be considered a rare champion. Probably be 10M cutoff only because he's so rare. He's not that op though and is easy to fight against. he's more of a trophy champion because he's so rare. I've played arena weekly for almost 2 years and opened probably 1000 arena crystals and still only found 3* punishers. his drop rate is insanely low.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Wow 800 people will get him...won't be rare at all. If he was a basic I'd see your point but until then. ..
    edited June 2017
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Wow 800 people will get him...won't be rare at all. If he was a basic I'd see your point but until then. ..

That's the thing to keep in perspective. He's still rare. Although not as rare as some believe. Many of the people capable of Ranking in the Featured no doubt already have him. For that matter, I don't see what effect other people Grinding for him has on us.
    Put it this way. It took me months to roll him. Had to change my pants when I did. I tried for months to Dup him. Finally gave up and used a Gem on him. I'm not angry.
    If it saves other people months of trying, it's fine by me.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    I will preface this by saying I don't consider him rare because I got him after only 6 months of playing (3 of which active in arenas) and have already duped his 3* 4-5 times.

Seems he's a featured champ for 2 reasons, he's part of the monthly story line and he can otherwise only be obtained in arena crystals.

IMO, he isn't a very good champ and I'm a little disappointed that Kabam pairs the arena champs so that there really isn't any decision making needed as to which to go for. Either good basic with bad featured, or good featured with bad basic. The only variation to that is bad with bad. It just seems that everyone is "funnelled" into one arena instead of trying to spread out the participants. This only frustrates players and drives cutoff scores higher and higher.

Since the beginning of March, I can only think of 2 arenas where there were 2 good champs (Magik/Nebula and Starlord/Voodoo) and even those were debatable...
  • ManonFierManonFier Posts: 9
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I will preface this by saying I don't consider him rare because I got him after only 6 months of playing (3 of which active in arenas) and have already duped his 3* 4-5 times.

Seems he's a featured champ for 2 reasons, he's part of the monthly story line and he can otherwise only be obtained in arena crystals.

IMO, he isn't a very good champ and I'm a little disappointed that Kabam pairs the arena champs so that there really isn't any decision making needed as to which to go for. Either good basic with bad featured, or good featured with bad basic. The only variation to that is bad with bad. It just seems that everyone is "funnelled" into one arena instead of trying to spread out the participants. This only frustrates players and drives cutoff scores higher and higher.

Since the beginning of March, I can only think of 2 arenas where there were 2 good champs (Magik/Nebula and Starlord/Voodoo) and even those were debatable...

REALLY?! Starlord and Voodoo debatable? Widely considered 2 of the best champs in the game, not just my opinion. Sorry that kinda makes your whole opinion less valuable...
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Starlord is a "meh" champ unless he's duped and you can rattle off 50 straight hits. With the well-documented lagging issues, any streaks over 30 becomes increasingly difficult...
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    This thread makes me Laugh in many ways. By making punisher featured he will be a basic eventually. He won't be put into a phc. He isn't rare anymore or a trophy because he will be abundant. They need to add his 5* to arena crystal then.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    It's the fact that he's more of a trophy to those lucky enough to get him in the crystals and now that's being taken away. If he's being placed in arena, champs like UC should also be used. It's taking away his unique factor.
    He's not automatically going to the Basic Crystal just because he's in the Arena.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    First: the one who can put punisher to Basic is Kabam, not the arena. Second of a handfull will get 4* version, and those people open over 100 arena crystal per week. Do the math.
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    I don't mind Them putting a 4* Punisher in Arena. I have him duped a few times but I don't pretend that it was anything other than luck. Besides compared to all of the other totally messed up things Kabam is doing to its Veteran player base, a Punisher Arena is pretty benign. It could have been DP.