**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Now what?

DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
Disclaimer: I have no intention of this, but I realize this post may come off as slightly "bratty." To those who have felt this way before and are open to sharing some thoughts and advice, thank you in advance. To those who are here to troll, well, bring it I guess B)

TL;DR: I think I've hit a wall in my progression, and I'm feeling - dare I say it - bored with what's ahead of me. I'm taking a couple weeks away from the game, but I'd welcome any advice from the community on what you've done to get past this hump before... maybe I just need a solid and fun group of folks to play / grow with.

About me: Let me be the first to admit I've had some pretty stellar luck since starting this game 3-4 months ago, both in terms of arena schedule and crystal openings. I have a pretty godly set of 4* 4/40 and 5* 2/35 champs (despite a lack of anything mystic), am Uncollected, and was able to 100% this month's Uncollected quest without too many resources (~10 revives or so and a bunch of Lvl 3 potions from ROL WS, mainly used on the first few passes at Killmonger).

Newbie roster envy, perhaps?
3ymxdk4g74jn.png

18zlzv3vk8q6.png

I'm trying not to spend on the game, which means the path forward for me feels like a slow-burn that involves:

1. Grinding arena for units to unlock some of the more expensive masteries (e.g., Assassin)
2. Questing for shards to up my 5* game, even though the likelihood of duping Blade or completing the Holy Trinity are so, so slim
3. Finding a solid alliance that's willing to take a chance on a relatively low prestige player to slowly build my T4cc stash (which, having not played for too long, is VERY slim...)
4. Grinding Catalyst Clash for T4b and T1a to support bringing at least Blade and Iceman to 3/45
5. Eventually chipping away at 5.3 and 5.4, probably after I get a few folks to 3/45
6. Actually doing ROL... which doesn't seem too bad but is so mind-numbing after the first ~3 fights, just building combos with Star-Lord
7. Grinding for Tier 1-3 cats to bring the rest of my team up and increase my total PI
8. I dunno, probably more grinding that I'm forgetting about?

Maybe I've just realized that my progression is at a bit of a standstill while I scavenge for resources, and I just need to be patient. I guess I haven't really had to be patient until now.

What do you think? I'm sure a lot of you veterans have been in my shoes before... what worked to get you out of this rut?

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Well let me Start off by saying that your Roster for a player at 4 months is looking better than mine was at a year so props to the luck you have had. As far as feeling stuck in a rut being a 2yr plus player i have been there done that and when this happens its all about the small victory's because this game is so grind heavy it can feel stagnate at times. I would A). find an alliance that runs AQ map 5 and is a Great group of people as this helped me having all the members around sharing advice and having laughs in Line chat which motivated me to keep playing. B.) start knocking out the easier content you haven't yet like ROL and then hit RTTL, and yes grind the daily class catalyst events to get all 4 stars to rank 3 lvl 30. C.) Unfortunately yes grind arena for gold and units for the advanced masteries like Deep Wounds and Assassin and grind the monthly event Heroic, Master and Uncollected as all 3 are worth the rewards which will help the progression if 100% all 3. But at the end of the day its all about having fun it is game after all so find an alliance that's full of fun & motivated members as this helped me the most to keep plugging away when i felt stuck in that Rut you Speak of. Best of luck going forward man hope you get out of that Rut soon.
  • Options
    RedBaron99RedBaron99 Posts: 45
    You have a pretty solid 4* roster there, capable of dealing with almost all content in the game at the moment. You also have 5 really great 5* there too, which you should focus on long term (as 4* are becoming redundant). But you know these things.

Personally, I think you've answered your own question; you get to a point where patience is the key. This game pretty much boils down to what you want to grind for.

If I were you, I'd start by setting myself small goals to achieve to break down the progression. This tends to increase your sense of achievement and general enjoyment of the game I find.
    • First things first: join an alliance. Don't expect to get into a big one immediately - you're coming from nothing. Find one that uses LINE or something to communicate as the social really helps, and you can ask questions. Help requests make your life easier too. Map 3 should be a breeze for you and you can get T1A and T4C from the crystals. Alliance War will also help boost your coffers.
    • Second: get yourself to level 60 - serious alliances won't look at you otherwise as you don't have all your mastery points.
    • Third: you have everything you need there to do RoL; that's a really quick win. It won't take more than 30mins or so with a clean run (if you have a 4* or 3* guillotine for Wolverine).
    • Fourth: work on hitting arena milestones each round in the 3 and 4* arenas - you can do this relatively quickly even without a huge roster. This will slowly increase your units, and quickly increase your gold. It's a ball ache, but when you get into a routine with it, it's fairly painless. I do mine on my commute to work.
    • Fifth: hit those T4B and T1A arenas when they are up - you have enough 5* to make them very straightforward by just waiting for them to come off cool down (another arena one, sorry)
    • Sixth: events, events, events. You can pretty much get through 4 difficulties without using any energy refills over the 30 odd days the events are open, just by using energy when it's there
    • Finally: even if you take a break, make sure you log in once a day to get your rewards!

It goes without saying though; if you don't find the game fun anymore... just stop playing. There is more to life than pixels on a screen. Buy a book, download Duolingo, go to the gym, have a beer with friends - the opportunities are endless!

Red
  • Options
    DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    Thank you guys - appreciate the kick in the rump to set small milestones and go for it.

I was in an alliance recently and the folks were great, but I think time zone differences were interfering with the community aspect for me. I’ll find a new one soon! I also didn’t realize Lvl 60 meant so much but I guess I’ll apply those XP boosts and get cracking.

@RedBaron99 out of curiosity, what is the 5th solid 5 star? I haven’t really played much with Magneto / Venompool at this point to know what they can or can’t do.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    You're off to a great start but you still have a long way to go. Progression does slow down dramatically but getting into an active alliance should help a lot. Make sure they are at least running map 4 in AQ.

I would work on building your prestige asap. Only your top 5 champs PI (excluding masteries, boosts, ect) count toward your prestige. If you rank up smart, you can probably land yourself in an expert tier alliance which will greatly increase the rate you gain t4cc to continue ranking up your favorite champs.

This game is all about the grind. It will be slow, so be patient.
  • Options
    RedBaron99RedBaron99 Posts: 45
    Dizzy wrote: »
    @RedBaron99 out of curiosity, what is the 5th solid 5 star? I haven’t really played much with Magneto / Venompool at this point to know what they can or can’t do.

Venompool is one of the most underrated champs in the game I feel - he has a strong regen, can dispel buffs, heal block, and his bleed is pretty strong. Ticks quite a lot of utility boxes! When duped you can get some pretty funny buffs too, but you can't rely on those so they are just an added bonus when they appear.