**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Being Reported

CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
I've been reported several times for abuse, and there's no good reason why. I'm not going to call out any names, or I'll have like 3 or 4 guys jump on my throat, but I think that there should be a way to negate these reports. I'm pretty sure that, after being reported, I noticed the "points" statistic drop. I don't really know what this affects, but I still don't want it there. I just don't like that I could go report some random guy because he has Luke Cage as his avatar when I don't like Luke Cage, and that report negatively affects his profile. I don't know how to make this work, but I really want this portion to be changed a bit.

Comments

• Options
    Is anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Let them report. The only meaning the report holds is what you and the moderators give it.

People are saying they found what you are posting abusive. Be glad the thread wasn't centered around them posting that thought.
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Let them report. The only meaning the report holds is what you and the moderators give it.

People are saying they found what you are posting abusive. Be glad the thread wasn't centered around them posting that thought.

But it isn't abusive 97% of the time. I've legitimately been reported for abuse after asking someone why they reported me for abuse when I didn't abuse anyone or anything. To reiterate, I was reported for abuse because I didn't know why I had been reported for abuse. Yeah. That happened. And it won't go away. It just sits there, negating my points for no reason.
  • Options
    C0atHang3rC0atHang3r Posts: 78
    If people are being abusive and slinging insults do report them. I'm sure there will be repercussions for those who use the feature improperly as well.
  • Options
    Ps I don't think the points matter so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • Options
    C0atHang3r wrote: »
    If people are being abusive and slinging insults do report them. I'm sure there will be repercussions for those who use the feature improperly as well.

Well, it's kind of like overall rating in Contest of Champions. It doesn't matter, but some people look at it before they take you seriously.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Don't worry about what other people think, No one will ever agree with everything you post and this isn't a populatiry contest unless you are making it one.
  • Options
    No one takes anyone seriously on here unless they have golden text.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Don't worry about what other people think, No one will ever agree with everything you post and this isn't a populatiry contest unless you are making it one.

Exactly.
  • Options
    MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    edited May 2017
    no your comments have not been abusive most of the time if at all. The mods will address it if they feel that it is, and then you can talk to them about it. They are still tweaking the system, give it time.

Oh I have had a small pocket that enjoyed flagging some of my posts too. some of it has already been reversed.
  • Options

I'm not trying to make it a popularity contest. I just don't want people to be able to shoot down my stats because.... I don't know... they wanted to...
  • Options
    no your comments have not been abusive most of the time if at all. The mods will address it if they feel that it is, and then you can talk to them about it. They are still tweaking the system, give it time.

I will, I was just trying to let them know what to work on.
  • Options

I will, I was just trying to let them know what to work on.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Nvm I messed up and there's no delete button. (Thanks Kabam)

there is @CoatHang3r and @C0atHang3r

And now that I look I think the attach files should be looked at if it is necessary or desired.
  • Options
    Jeez, my comments are all posting 2 or 3 times, and it's getting annoying. This needs to be a priority fix for Kabam.
  • Options

Yeah, I just realized it. But Kabam doesn't have a delete button for whatever reason, so it's stuck there.
  • Options
    you flagged me for saying exactly? :'(
  • Options

Yeah, I just realized it. But Kabam doesn't have a delete button for whatever reason, so it's stuck there.

It was an accidental. I undid it. My bad.
  • Options
    <3
  • Options

you can undo it?
  • Options
    Okay, I'm done posting for awhile. It's repeating everything I say. The forums are drunk. See you all later.
  • Options
    Yeah just click it again
  • Options

you can undo it?

You can undo reactions like the Like button and Flag button, yes. Not actual posts, though.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

you can undo it?

You can undo reactions like the Like button and Flag button, yes. Not actual posts, though.

Pretty frustrating with my OCD. Can't delete, only 15 minutes to edit. LOL
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,788 ★★★★★
    Am I qualified to say OP is fine?
    I have seen worse in other forums. Mods also using expletives themselves.
  • Options
    winterthur wrote: »

Yes. The OP is fine. The Flagging Function goes into Review when multiple people Flag a comment. It's then the responsibility of the Mods to review it and apply it to the rules of the Forum. It is free for people to use, but the ones abusing it will be easy to discern. If people Flag everything for no reason, that will be much clearer than someone who has a genuine concern. People are free to Flag something if they feel it violates the rules of the Forum, or is inappropriate.
    The problem is making it visible for others to see, and making it a part of the points system. It opens things up for more problems. People take it personally sometimes, and that starts further arguments. There needs to be an anonymous way to report something that doesn't affect someone's Profile. Perhaps if there was a Disagree or Dislike Button, that would be more efficient than making the Flag part of someone's overall score.
  • Options

Yes. The OP is fine. The Flagging Function goes into Review when multiple people Flag a comment. It's then the responsibility of the Mods to review it and apply it to the rules of the Forum. It is free for people to use, but the ones abusing it will be easy to discern. If people Flag everything for no reason, that will be much clearer than someone who has a genuine concern. People are free to Flag something if they feel it violates the rules of the Forum, or is inappropriate.
    The problem is making it visible for others to see, and making it a part of the points system. It opens things up for more problems. People take it personally sometimes, and that starts further arguments. There needs to be an anonymous way to report something that doesn't affect someone's Profile. Perhaps if there was a Disagree or Dislike Button, that would be more efficient than making the Flag part of someone's overall score.

I'd be fine if it didn't effect points, but it does, so some trigger happy moron can negatively affect our profile just for fun.
  • Options
    An easy way to fix the whole problem is to make it so that reporting someone doesn't take points off their profile unless moderators review it and decide it should negate points. There should be no effect on our account unless mods decide there should be. Innocent until proven guilty, right?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

I'd be fine if it didn't effect points, but it does, so some trigger happy moron can negatively affect our profile just for fun.
    Yes. I mean, the points aren't really worth anything, but it's still something.
    My biggest concern is having it cause more friction between people.
This discussion has been closed.