**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Keep ranking 4* Champs, or leave them at 4/40?

Got a 3rd mutant t4cc. Short while back I decreed that I would not take any more 4* champs to rank 5; felt it's a waste of t4cc given that you now NEED 5* champs for endgame content. So, my question is, do I bail on my decree and take one of these 4*'s to rank 5, or do like I said and wait until I pull a decent mutant 5* champ?

Wolverine - sig 47
x23 - sig 99
Iceman - sig 1

All currently at 4/40.

Comments

• All champs must be upgraded based on their usefulness not on rarities. So Iceman and wolverine are good for upgrading. Wolverine is aq survivor and Iceman is good against mephisto,hyperion and other poison,bleed and incinerate champs.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    Do you need the 5/50s for anything right now? If not, can’t hurt to wait and see what you pull soon.
  • WyattEarpWyattEarp Posts: 66
    @Dizzy - That's what I'm trying to assess... just can't make up my mind. Haha. I am gridlocked on 5.2.3. Go in with a team of 5/50's, & on a good run will make it 66% of the way. Skill level clearly not there, so need stronger champs. Or do I need the right 5/50 champs? Current 5/50's are: Archangel, Rogue, xBones, Angela, S. Witch, Vision, Cap WWII.

My only 5* Mutant champs currently are Nightcrawler (r2) and Colossus.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    It depends on how quickly you get full t4cc. If it takes you a long time, you might as well save up. But if you get them rather quickly, I don't see the harm in ranking up Wolvie or Iceman.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    edited February 2018
    Dorky digity Dave did a good video with comments on this.
    https://youtu.be/oJJCrIRt2TY

I have done act 5 100% and used a wide range of 4*. They are not obsolete, but i only rank them if i need their particular ability (e.g. guilotine heal reversal or AA's enhanced neurotoxin.)
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @WyattEarp

I would rank up Wolvy and Iceman. Even if you pull a 5* Iceman it’s a good thing to have two of them for now. One for AW Attack and one for AW Defense or AQ Attack.

But overall I’m not sure if taking too many 4*s to r5 is worth it because their HP and attack are lower than 3/45, but as Dorky Dave points out in his video the issue is resources, T1A Catalyst are scarce and it cost quite a few to rank up 5*s, so i would say be judicious
  • WyattEarpWyattEarp Posts: 66
    Wow... thank you everybody for chiming in. I know "rank up" posts usually get no heat, so I appreciate it!

I don't earn t4cc that often. We do run Map 5x5.. but I'm just not that lucky. My 5* roster proves that. Haha. It could feasibly take me a year to earn 3 more mutant (or any type) of t4cc. The true issue is how long do you wait to pull a 5/6* champ? That could take even longer. Meanwhile your account sits in limbo. So judicious is definitely the right call.

We're in elite tier now for AQ, so I'll take Wolvie in there like normal. If he's still able to cut it, I'll leave the cats where they are. If he needs some more juice, then he's the one I'll rank up. Then I'll let karma take the wheel and cry myself to sleep when I pull a god-mutant on my next 5*. :)