**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Marvel Insider Bundles

JestressJestress Posts: 1,501 ★★★★
Marvel Insider now has some rewards that are more point-expensive than previous reward packages.

xfoc9f3ylc6o.png

The Sentinel Package has an "Ultimate Sentinel Crystal" instead of the typical 3* champion that comes in this bundle. Can you please let us know what is in this crystal?

ev056lc7gkgi.png

Comments

• StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Generally the "ultimate crystal" variants contain a guaranteed 3* with a chance at a 4*
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    j2c7pmy0g73c.jpeg
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited March 2018
    Good post! Was about to post the same as I just saw them as am pretty excited at a chance at a 4* Sentinel (I imagine it is like the other Ultimate crystals... as in a decent shot at a 4*, maybe 20%-40%). Also like the tier 4 cat rewards in it too.

Jestress wrote: »
    Not sure that's worth an extra 75k insider points. Those things aren't easily obtainable.

I think its worth the extra 75k easy. Here is why. It offers you a chance at a 4* (which no other one in the past that I can remember has done this)... and it offers Tier 4 Basic Shards and Tier 4 Class Cat Frag Crystals (again these I have never seen before in an offer and they are valued extremely high in terms of rarity in the game compared to things offered here in the past).
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    chev327fox wrote: »
    Good post! Was about to post the same as I just saw them as am pretty excited at a chance at a 4* Sentinel (I imagine it is like the other Ultimate crystals... as in a decent shot at a 4*, maybe 20%-40%). Also like the tier 4 cat rewards in it too.

Not sure that's worth an extra 75k insider points. Those things aren't easily obtainable.

I think its worth the extra 75k easy. Here is why. It offers you a chance at a 4* (which no other one in the past that I can remember has done this)... and it offers Tier 4 Basic Shards and Tier 4 Class Cat Frag Crystals (again these I have never seen before in an offer and they are valued extremely high in terms of rarity in the game compared to things offered here in the past).

Agreed! Yeah no complaints here for the point cost increase based on what’s been added. Also I looked at that Ultimate one for 100k; I’m guessing it’s a non-specific one time extra bundle as there is no expiration date on it, and says the rewards will arrive “in 4-6 weeks.” It’s a regular Ultimate crystal, 3x Energy Refills, 250 3* shards and 250 4* shards. Also not bad for the points cost
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited March 2018

You have some good points here. I just am not easily excited at the chance at a 4* anymore. They do little to help your chances with the harder content.

Well I am a 6 month player personally so 4*s are still very exciting for me (I do see how someone playing longer is not all that bothered by a 4* though). BUT even with that said we are talking about Marvel insider offers here... as far as I am aware this the very first time to even have a chance at a 4*. So it seems odd to be down on it when its by far the best offer they have ever put up and it being a free bonus (really even a 2* or a 3* with some goodies is amazing just because it's free... heck I got the Blade, Hela, and MODOK starter bundles just becasue I wanted those rare semi-exclusive 2*s and the small goodies like shard crystals that came with them).

I just think of these offers as basically low effort free bonuses. If you are going to download the update and play the new monthly challenges then you might as well get the points for it and snag some bonus items... really a no brain-er ;)

The only thing I dislike about Marvel Insider is the wait for the reward... a month and a half after the reward is redeemable is just hard to wait for (I try not to think about it too much... was really happy for Void though so that was a long wait, even as a 3* he was instrumental at beating that regen Magneto in Act 4 exploration).

DroidDoes wrote: »

Agreed! Yeah no complaints here for the point cost increase based on what’s been added. Also I looked at that Ultimate one for 100k; I’m guessing it’s a non-specific one time extra bundle as there is no expiration date on it, and says the rewards will arrive “in 4-6 weeks.” It’s a regular Ultimate crystal, 3x Energy Refills, 250 3* shards and 250 4* shards. Also not bad for the points cost

Yeah the additional points it costs would have been worth it for the chance at a 4* alone (when considering old bundles were only ever 3*).... then you adding the T4Basic Frags and the 10x Tier 4 Class Frag Crystals ti is a huge value increase (though I think it was needed as the 3* "Questing Bundles" are getting a bit outdated... but what we need to understand if new players are always joining the game and I think that is where most players are so that is why they cater to that audience a good deal).

I saw that regular Ultimate one too. I wont have enough to try it as I need to wait for last months event points just to get this new 200,000k one (SO GLAD I waited on getting the Killmonger bundle... was thinking of getting it but it is not a great value compared to the newer Sentinel type and I would not have been able to afford it if I had).

I will say I am not a fan of these crystal style ones... I like the bundles that guarantee a certain champ more. Though I had the points and took a chance on the x-mas time "2017 Re-collection Crystal Bundle" and pulled a 3* Stark Spidey which was really nice (I didn't have him yet and I like to have God Tier 3*s... more of a practice and collection thing, I have almost all god tier 3*s too :D )... but I remember i bought that one mostly for the shards and refills.